IGNORED

Atari Sank the U.S.A. Football/Soccer League

snicklin

Lack of interest sank the league. Pele brought attention to the sport for a while. One of many attempts to get soccer interest in the US that failed. Some teams did had decent attendance, but by and large nobody paid much attention. Atari had nothing to do with it.

• Like 1

Lack of interest sank the league. Pele brought attention to the sport for a while. One of many attempts to get soccer interest in the US that failed. Some teams did had decent attendance, but by and large nobody paid much attention. Atari had nothing to do with it.

Yep. If the team had been successful WITHOUT Ross pumping in cash, it wouldn't have tanked. That they needed Time Warner cash to survive says they failed on their own without any need to blame anyone else.

Eric Cantona the king

french soccer team :

lyon 2001/2002 atari sponsor

p.s.g (paris) 93/94 commodore sponsor

It is a shame that those two teams weren't sponsored during the same year, they could play their games and work out who the real winner is between Atari and Commodore.

I like that Atari shirt I must admit.

• Like 1

There was also around that time in Germany, one team (Bayern?, more german teams?) Atari on those placards, at least around the grass/playfield but I don't know if it was also on the shirts...

Bayern had "Comodore" and Atari was on the comercial stuff (German: "Bandenwerbung").

http://www.stickerfreak.de/FC%20Bayern%20Seiten/Trikot%20Historie%20FCB.html

Edited by Creature XL

Thanks @CrtXL, I was just thinking in you when I was writing that.

Yes after I wrote I starting to think that but grr!... remember what I said to you yesterday ;) this bloody shit C++, all night no a single minute on bed. I'm still at begining with only 3months of learning but had a test two weeks ago that I got 13.51 (in 0-20) and second its a program of a store with lots of menus, conditions,... have it around 300lines of code but lots of things still not working.

In two hours I can say my doubts but I'll have to show something done good to the teacher and I think its still a great shit!...

Test was 60% and this program is 40% to get at least 10 isn't difficult. Problem is that after this and the vacances in August I have new and advanced more 100hours of C++ and at the same time around 200hours Java untill end of the year (some HTML, SQL,... more)...

Shit why I entered on this? And you want me to learning to code A8 Assembly? With this and if I ever have sucess forget me to ever code anything to A8 and hope I have time at least to do some of my usual screens ;)

P.s.- Perhaps better if I learned 6502 Assembly but wasn't any course of it available here :grin:

Hey and sorry to be 'Out of Topic' but don't had anyone here right now to talk grrr!... And wish me luck O.K.?

Thanks.

:)

• Like 1

P.s.- Perhaps better if I learned 6502 Assembly but wasn't any course of it available here :grin:

This is exactly the reason that we need a place where programmers can go with lots of tutorials for different languages and modern compilers / editors / build scripts etc.

Some people are producing some good tutorial content at the moment, so if we can get all of it together into one resource (or one resource with links to other places), this will enable people like Jose and even more established programmers to learn.

That reminds me of a joke that was going around here in the states a few years ago...

Why is Twilight like soccer? Because they run around for two hours, nobody scores and a billion fans worldwide tell you "You just don't get it..." :grin:

Not trying to start a flame war, I just thought it was funny as a Twilight joke! LOL

At least what we yanks know as "soccer" makes more sense to be called "football" than American football does; why call a game "FOOTball" when it's played mostly with your hands?!

Hee hee... ;)

• Like 1

Shit why I entered on this? And you want me to learning to code A8 Assembly? With this and if I ever have sucess forget me to ever code anything to A8 and hope I have time at least to do some of my usual screens ;)

Hey and sorry to be 'Out of Topic' but don't had anyone here right now to talk grrr!... And wish me luck O.K.?

Thanks.

:)

If you stick with it with the same persistence as you did your a8 images, you'll do fine. Best of luck.