IGNORED

Level select cheat for Miner 2049er

mutantlog

This has been bothering me for a long time, and it popped back up in my head today. Searching around, this forum seems like the best chance I have of finding someone who can help. I believe there is a level select cheat in Miner 2049er for Colecovision, but I don't recall the code to enter it. I received the code from an employee I used to badger by phone at a Toronto video game store when I was still in my single digits and I used it regularly. My recollection is that it went something like this:

* or #

A combination of the digits 3,4,5,6

* or # again

The level number you want to start at

I've tried various combinations of the above over the years without success. I decided to give DASMx and Mekaw a try today, and then realized that my knowledge of Z80 assembly and debugging tools are quite lacking. Is anyone interested in digging further to identify this cheat code?

It's a fun game but I'm not very good at it. I think the farthest I've gotten is level 5.

From quick google search:

Miner 2049er Easter Egg
by MicroFun
for ColecoVision & ADAM

When the game displays "1 or 2 players" enter the following code: 6453# and the screen # you wish to play.
The screen number/level is from 1-9 on the keypad, while level 10 is " * " and level 11 is " # " on the keypad.

Man, I feel like a goof for not finding that, but it worked! Pixelboy's link described how I remembered the code, but ed1475's instructions also work, which suggests that the leading # wasn't necessary. Thank you both for your prompt responses, and I can now feel re-assured that I didn't imagine it. It even looks like this isn't the first time it's been asked about here, but the answer wasn't found last time.

• Like 1

Would be cool to have a single document that captured all of the cheat codes for ColecoVision games. There aren't that many so should be relatively easy to compile. In the past this would have fitted nicely into the CV FAQ.

Here is one list. It doesn't look complete/up-do-date though.

http://theadamresource.com/secrets/

Edited by ed1475

Great link - thanks ed. Once I finish my current project I think I'll take on the task of compiling a single "cheat" reference list. The Adam Resource may have them all but what I'll do is check them against other on-line resources as well as play testing them all to ensure validity. It'll be at least a month before I can get to this so if someone else gets there before me then great,

Those are some of the cheats/hints that I assembled and made available in the CV&ADAM Collection that I made available in 2010. I think I added a number of others to my digital collection and will have to assemble them into one archive to be posted here.

Those are some of the cheats/hints that I assembled and made available in the CV&ADAM Collection that I made available in 2010. I think I added a number of others to my digital collection and will have to assemble them into one archive to be posted here.

Cool! I just came across that page doing a google search for MIner2049er easter eggs. I noticed it didn't have the codes for the hidden games in opcode's Pac-Man Collection and Yie ar Kung-Fu.