IGNORED

Atari Easter Egg in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

stevenhowlett

My guess is neither has ever played a real 2600, but humorous none the less. I chuckled at the Helicopter Madness joke and "kinda looks like 1942" River Raid comment.

And a side note, cool of Activision to put those games in there. Neat Easter Egg.

Edited by TwinChargers

Love when "gamers" have no idea of history. As a baseball fan, I never saw Lou Gehrig play. But I know who he is. There are people out there who don't know who The Beatles are. With so much technology at your fingertips, people are somehow getting lazier and dumber.

That was before their time. You can't expect people to be interested in spending 5 seconds looking up something that was before their time. They have more important things to do like replying to a text message the second they receive it. They already know all they need to know about history. For example, it's common knowledge that George Washington and Abraham Lincoln rode on a dinosaur together in the wild west. They wore cowboy hats and shot bears and 'Indians' with Teddy Roosevelt and Davy Crockett.

• Like 3

Harmony Cart to the rescue!

I grew up playing HERO on the C64. It didn't exactly stress that machine's graphics capabilities, and yet was one of the most fun games we had (and like all Commodore kids, we had hundreds on copied floppies). When I first played it on a 2600 (thanks to the Harmony) I was completely blown away by how good it was. With most games of that era that existed on multiple systems, I got used to being disappointed with the 2600 version, if I played it elsewhere first. Not this puppy! The original was perfect, and it was ported pretty much as-is to the C64, where it made for an impressive game.

So yeah. Probably one of the best-looking 2600 games in some ways. It's simple, but very attractive. As is the gameplay. The difficulty ladder is just perfect too. You really need to check it out somehow. Emulation is an option, plus it's also been released on some collections.