IGNORED

AtariSoft titles

ten-four

Hi I found 10 AtariSoft titles for ColecoVision.

But I could not find evidence of the last three titles.

Pac-Man 70001

Defender 70002

Dig Dug 7000X

Centipede 70004

Moon Patrol 7000X

Joust 7000X

Jungle Hunt 70007

Missile Command 7000X

Ms. Pac-man 7000X

Pole Position 7000X

Any info about the last 3 titles. ?

:)

There is a good chance that there are more unreleased/proto/demo AtariSoft titles out there according to Sean Kelly. Only time will tell if anything shows up or is eventually shared with the community.

ten-four: You forgot Galaxian!!!

How could I forget Galaxian. :ponder:

:)

Pac-Man 70001

Defender 70002

Joust 7000X

Centipede 70004

Missile Command 7000X

Galaxian 70006

Jungle Hunt 70007

Dig Dug 7000X

Moon Patrol 7000X

Ms. Pac-man 7000X

Pole Position 7000X

Vanguard 7000X

So the AtariSoft list could have looked like this, if not Sean Kelly as mentioned earlier come up with some secrets.

:-D

Centipede, Defender, Galaxian, and Jungle Hunt were officially released.

Dig Dug, Joust, Moon-Patrol, and Pac-Man were only prototypes, but all have been dumped and put on the internet more or less as completed games. Joust has no sound, but a full sound version is being released by Team Pixelboy.

Now I thought I heard that someone did have a Ms. Pac-Man proto somewhere?

Additional vaporware (no proof) includes Missile Command, Pole Position, Robotron 2084, Stargate, and Vanguard (http://www.colecovision.dk/unreleased.htm).

Now I thought I heard that someone did have a Ms. Pac-Man proto somewhere?

A Ms. Pac-Man prototype does INDEED exist and I have seen a screenshot of it in action running from a rom dump thru BlueMSX, The proto is VERY incomplete and not worthy of a cartridge or CIB release, but hopefully one day the person in possession of it (the rom dump) will share with the rest of the retrogaming community.

Anyway, we got an exact arcade port thanks to Opcode Games as part of Pac-Man Collection and that rom image was released freely.

Unfortunately I can't at the time, but here is a description of the gameplay in the proto.

There actually is collision but as soon as you hit a ghost the game restarts. The martini is the only fruit that goes around and while you are touching it, it gives a crazy number of points. The power pellets don't do anything and there is no sound. When you eat all the dots, the maze flashes as it's supposed to but the game and your score then restarts. The ROM is 16k.

Unfortunately I can't at the time, but here is a description of the gameplay in the proto.

There actually is collision but as soon as you hit a ghost the game restarts. The martini is the only fruit that goes around and while you are touching it, it gives a crazy number of points. The power pellets don't do anything and there is no sound. When you eat all the dots, the maze flashes as it's supposed to but the game and your score then restarts. The ROM is 16k.

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Vanguard is complete or nearly complete according to the interview recently posted here. I wonder if Robotron could be ported from the TI-99 version somehow (different CPU, I know).

Vanguard? On ColecoVision? Complete? That's certainly news to me. Where is this interview? :)

Vanguard is complete or nearly complete according to the interview recently posted here. I wonder if Robotron could be ported from the TI-99 version somehow (different CPU, I know).

I assume you mean a homebrew version and not a lost AtariSoft prototype. I didn't think any version of Vanguard was actually worked on by AtariSoft except the TI-99 'demo'.

From Matt Householder himself....

I did not work on other ColecoVision games. I was a month into designing a scrolling engine to port Vanguard to ColecoVision when I was switched to Moon Patrol instead

Would have loved to have seen Vanguard made for the CV, but this pretty much suggests that nothing was ever done unless another progammer was given the go-ahead to program it.

• 3 weeks later...

AtarSoft titles were the best games for the CV IMO. I am glad i have all the ones i wanted. Last time i checked, maybe a year ago on eBay, CV AtariSoft games were either getting scarce or really expensive. THE one i just had to get was "Jungle Hunt" which is super excellent!!!

AtarSoft titles were the best games for the CV IMO. I am glad i have all the ones i wanted. Last time i checked, maybe a year ago on eBay, CV AtariSoft games were either getting scarce or really expensive. THE one i just had to get was "Jungle Hunt" which is super excellent!!!

They are only scarce or expensive if you want CIB. Although the carts are more expensive than the other carts. I guess they are considered expensive.

I love those Atarisoft titles on CV as well, all fantastic games.. the only officially released cart still missing from my collection is Jungle Hunt. Thankfully, I can still play it via Atarimax but I still need a physical copy.. i'll just continue being patient in the meantime. ;) Jungle Hunt and Galaxian are 2 of my personal favorites indeed :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Pole Position for the CV remains on the holy grail list, as does Missile Command. The former would've worked quite well with the CV Driving Module, and the latter with the Roller Controller.

It would also have been cool if AtariSoft had released the following other games to the CV like:

Super Breakout (1978)

Asteroids (1981)

Galaga (1981)

Food Fight (1983)

Xevious (1983)

Mappy (1983)

~Ben