IGNORED

Your Latest Acquisition

freewheel

I don't recall seeing a thread like this, but if there is one, mods please feel free to merge/delete. I'm thinking along the lines of "what are you playing lately" kinda threads... What is your most recent pickup/acquisition/haul/score? As in, what's the most recent Atari game(s)/gear that you've managed to add to the collection? I'm curious what the average collector is managing to pick up these days.

I just grabbed a Pete Rose, boxed (and in incredibly good condition at that) for $10. Nothing staggering but I'm pleased with it. Fills another hole and it's not the kind of cart I see boxed very often. And this was from a store, which surprises me. Stores in Canada charge $5 for unboxed Combats.

• Like 1

Still waiting for my Harmony Cart to hit my mailbox. I was hoping it would be in there today, but alas, disappointment! I also finally found a Slik Stik for less than the $20-30 I've been seeing lately on that auction site, so I've got 2 packages winging their way to me. Does that count as acquisition? Lol!

Wish I would've seen the thread for two Tac 2 joysticks for a measly $25 earlier than I did, as they were already gone. (No surprise there! That was a steal on those) Don't know how I missed that one...

Edited by 24Fanatic365

Both my Harmony cart AND my Slik Stik came in today. Gotta say the Slik Stik is quite a bit smaller than I had anticipated, but it works like a charm, and is extremely comfortable to use for an extended period.

The Harmony Cart is phenomenal! About 3 minutes after I opened it up, I had my SD card loaded up with games and was playing away! Why didn't you guys warn me I would get absolutely nothing done once I had one of these things?! Lol! If you don't have one, or are unsure about them, I gotta say, "Order one TODAY!!!" You will NOT regret it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got some paddle controllers and a driving controller from the retro gaming shop in Arlington. That place is RIDICULOUS!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: They have a butt ton of stock for everything from Pong to the current systems. Great prices, as well. Now if I could just figure out a way to use my Harmony Cartridge with these controllers without having to plug and unplug a joystick every time I want to change games...

For the 2600, it was probably a loose copy of Off The Wall and copies of Pac-Man, Asteroids, and Defender with repro/homemade red Atari Corp. labels I got a few months ago.

I've mostly been getting XEGS games lately, although my collecting has slowed down considerably over the last few months since graduating. Over this summer I got Blue Max, Archon, Crime Buster, Lode Runner, David's Midnight Magic, Rescue On Fractalus, Ballblazer, and some others I'm forgetting. I did just buy a cheap lot of TRS-80 tapes a couple weeks ago, too.

• Like 1

Finally got some paddle controllers and a driving controller from the retro gaming shop in Arlington. That place is RIDICULOUS!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: They have a butt ton of stock for everything from Pong to the current systems. Great prices, as well. Now if I could just figure out a way to use my Harmony Cartridge with these controllers without having to plug and unplug a joystick every time I want to change games...

What is the name of the store? My wife travels to the DFW area for her job and I may have her check it out.