IGNORED

Bill's Tomato Game Sega Genesis Reproduction Run! Only 7/100 Left!

MrMark0673

Hi Folks!

Here it is, the OFFICIAL Bill's Tomato Game sales thread! This game has changed hands a few times over the last few years and we are so very proud to be able to present you with this unreleased game! It cost just under $1,800 to get the game, but it was absolutely worth it! A few things you should know:

- The game is made of COMPLETELY NEW PARTS! This is the first Genesis project Matt and I have done without the use of any donor materials. No carts were harmed in the making of this game:

- The game uses BRAND NEW PCBs! The first and only game that has ever appeared on these boards is Bill's Tomato Game.
- The game uses BRAND NEW CART SHELLS! This was NOT easy to source as there are very few places where you can get high quality Genesis shells
- The game uses BRAND NEW UNIVERSAL GAME CASES! I would have loved to have sourced brand new Genesis style clamshells, but unfortunately it didn't happen. I refused to use any donor materials for this release, so UGC were the most viable solution.
- The game uses professional printed and cut vinyl stickers. Very, very happy about the quality fo stickers for this release, they're absolutely fantastic in my opinion.

- The game will cost $75 shipped in the US, $85 Shipped to Canada, and $90 Worldwide. Using all new parts was MUCH more expensive than using donors, so sorry about the cost. The international prices stink due to the higher cost of flat rate postage seen here : http://cr.colostate.edu/documents/ShapedRates.pdf
I know it sucks, but it is what it is.

In order to reserve a spot you must:
Post in this thread
Put the number you want in this thread
Put your country it is shipping to in this thread
If you don't follow these rules, I'll have to skip over your request

- Once you have requested to reserve a number, I will PM you with a transaction with payment instructions.

- Once a transaction request has been made, you will have 3 days to send payment over. Any longer than this, and I will leave appropriate feedback and your number goes back up for grabs. Sorry, but I've done 3 full reproduction runs in the past with far too many tire kickers.

- There is no maximum number you can purchase, buy as many as you like. If you buy more than one, I will charge actual shipping.

The package includes:
1, Bill's Tomato Game Universal Genesis/Mega Drive Style Cartridge
1, Bill's Tomato Game Universal Game Case with Artwork, hand numbered between 1 and 100

13216B6C-E642-4F05-8832-0D0FC690EE46_zps

C001E779-626C-4C18-8F77-9FD7F47221B8_zps

54E20201-8D14-48F9-B2D4-6A7D7C8F90DE_zps

What you should know about this game:

Bill's Tomato Game was named after and created by Bill Pullan. The game was successfully released on the Amiga and was to be ported to both the Sega Genesis and the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. The SNES version was scrapped very early in development, but the Genesis version was 100% finished and was ready for distribution. Unfortunately, Psygnosis was purchased by Sony right around this time and production on the game was halted.

Highs:

The game is absolutely fantastic. It is a full 90 levels long and offers some serious fun and challenges. The intro video is very nicely animated, the controls are tight and intuative, and the game plays as well as anything on the platform. If you are into Lemmings style puzzle games of the 8 and 16 bit generation, you'll love this one.

Lows:

As far as gameplay, there really aren't many to mention. There is a soft reset still in the code (pressing A, B, and C at the same time brings you back to the start menu), but that is the only "flaw" I can think of.

As far as the tangible good, there are some downsides to using brand new materials. The Genesis/Mega Drive cases are just slightly thicker than a standard cart, so you'll get a bit of that Kung-fu grip effect when placing it in the system. Also, the area for the sticker to be placed is much larger than a typical Genny game. Since I wanted to keep the look as close to the original source material as possible, I elected to print the stickers the correct size and adhere them centered as best I could. From a foot away, they look like any other Genny game, and I'm very happy I stuck with the origial size.

After a full sell out, Matt and I will be releasing the ORIGINAL UNALTERED ROM for FREE for everyone to download and enjoy!

Shoutouts:

Bill Pullan: THANK YOU FOR CREATING SUCH AN AMAZING GAME! It is protos exactly like this one that keep my brother and I digging for those hidden unreleased gems, and we are truly honored to get this one out to the masses.
DjShok: Greg's art has made many releases possible, and this one is no exception. Thanks for all that you do for the community!
Dra600n: Without Adam, we'd still be using donor PCBs. You're a fantastic member of the community, and an even better friend. Thanks!
Piko: Thanks for sourcing the cart shells! No way could we have done this without you!
Hybrid: Thanks for always being there to trouble shoot any game we come across and getting those Game Genie codes out to the masses. You rock!

I think that's pretty much it. If you have any questions/comments/concerns, please let me know!

FULL LIST OF AVAILABLE NUMBERS FOUND HERE!!!!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ad0BeTHgaKe5rpVhh85kRJQWBKZOeSLPh_rx-67AdOk/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by MrMark0673

Bump!

All paid copies ship tomorrow, invoices coming for the rest of you all. Only 23 copies left, so get those orders in!

IMPORTANT NOTE: As stated in the first post, these are BRAND NEW aftermarket Genny cart shells. They are thicker than your average cart and will fit VERY snug in your Genny. I personally tested every single cart in my Model 3 (snug fit) and model 2 (snugger fit). Just so that everyone knows ahead of time, the spacing is very tight. Also, even though there are holes for screws, the carts snap together (much like Famicom games). Rest assured that I didn't accidentally ship yours without screws :)

Thanks for all the orders, you guys rock!

• 2 weeks later...