IGNORED

New Turbo Grafx-16 Hu-Card Released, Sells Out Immediately

This is unsurprising. There are quite a few people on forums where they were talking it up, not at all unlike how homebrews are treated here. They also had, in one forum I saw, asked directly who would buy a hucard with overwhelmingly great response. I ended up passing on it because Defender isn't my favorite game, but for those who frequent and follow TG-16 stuff, it wasn't like anyone was kept in the dark.

Huh:

http://aetherbyte.blogspot.com/

Atlantean is releasing this Saturday.

There will be 6 copies available at the CCAG Show in Cleveland! (We mayyyy sneak a few more in)

The rest have been promised to the members of the PC Engine forum that helped get the project off the ground! It's only fair!

We will be taking down contact info (including preferred card region) for anyone who wants to buy a copy!

As soon as we make more (It just takes time to have the 3D printer make them and then we assemble them!), we will be able to contact you!

Note: Once the initial storm dies down, we will have a purchase link on Aetherbyte. We'd much rather like to keep the initial launch local + Forum based with familiar faces so we can make sure everything goes smoothly before going all out!

• Like 1

I had the developer sign my copy. The 3D printing is noticeable on the jewel case and cart but does not detract. I'm still dumbfounded by the fact that they made a freakin' Hu-Card!

He threatened me if I ever try to sell this on eBay. We didn't talk long enough for him to realize I'm a developer too.

• Like 2

He threatened me if I ever try to sell this on eBay.

That's hilarious! If he meant it, I think he chose the wrong business/hobby to get involved in. His head is probably going to explode by the end of the week, when he sees at least one copy of this up for sale with a $1000 BIN…it's bound to happen. :lolblue:

What's with the 80s throwback metal dude, that's not the developer, is it? :D

Naah…I think that was Kevin DuBrow fro Quiet Riot. Back from the dead to hang out with a bunch of retro-gamers in Cleveland.

post-29022-0-74968900-1406521061_thumb.jpg

:P

• Like 1

I know I know :D Just being sarcastic :P

It's retro hair.

Ha! No worries man.

That dude is way too 80s for me anyway. :-D

The idea of a TG-16 homebrew I love however and I so appreciate this being brought up--I don't follow the turbo closely as honestly I didn't think there was a homebrew scene for it (maybe those two are chicken and egg I suppose)--and though I love the system and games, I can't pay what most want for the decent-and-above hu-cards/cases. But oddly I don't mind the concept of paying full price for a new release at all.

I bought one at the show. I didn't realize there were so few. I thought they were just taking orders but I saw him testing one and asked if they were for sale. Atlantean is like Defender but set under the sea. Good game with nice graphics. My only issue is that when I die it seems like my next guy is often in trouble immediately. Real nice guy and girl. If he was in an 80s hair band, I'm sure I'd like it too.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's me with the perm.

I had the developer sign my copy. The 3D printing is noticeable on the jewel case and cart but does not detract. I'm still dumbfounded by the fact that they made a freakin' Hu-Card!

He threatened me if I ever try to sell this on eBay. We didn't talk long enough for him to realize I'm a developer too.

I only worry about eBay because some knob on the PC Engine forums took my signed Insanity and sold it for like 300$, meanwhile, I have a stack of them sitting here. I don't think my crappy autograph is worth anything! ;)

We're taking care of the rest of the PCE Forum people who helped get the project to where it is, and then we will be opening the flood gates for people to order.

Bear with us. We're 3D printing everything and hand assembling them.

I bought one at the show. I didn't realize there were so few. I thought they were just taking orders but I saw him testing one and asked if they were for sale. Atlantean is like Defender but set under the sea. Good game with nice graphics. My only issue is that when I die it seems like my next guy is often in trouble immediately. Real nice guy and girl. If he was in an 80s hair band, I'm sure I'd like it too.

Oh. Use the warp button. (Start button, or button 3 if you have an Avenue 3). You're temporarily invulnerable when you get drilled, so try to get away ASAP when you die.

Edited by Arkhan
  • Like 3

Yeah, that's me with the perm.

I only worry about eBay because some knob on the PC Engine forums took my signed Insanity and sold it for like 300$, meanwhile, I have a stack of them sitting here. I don't think my crappy autograph is worth anything! ;)

We're taking care of the rest of the PCE Forum people who helped get the project to where it is, and then we will be opening the flood gates for people to order.

Bear with us. We're 3D printing everything and hand assembling them.

All jokes about the hair aside--please do let us know when the rest of us can order. I am all over it.

• Like 1

Yeah, I promised the pc engine forums the rest of the batch we have here, and we're basically going to just start firing more off of the printer, and the funds will go into more supplies for the cards.

It basically just takes time. We can make as many as we want unless they suddenly stop making the eeprom that we use, which isn't likely, so, don't worry!

I am not a fan of the whole "oh, hahaha we're all out, sucks to be you!" setup, or the "oh here is "edition two. it means edition one is worth more!"" thing.

It's a homebrew game I made in my basement over the course of 3 years. It's basically meant to be played and enjoyed by as many people as possible instead of horded and flailed around about on the internet! :)

I am entertaining the idea of selling the ROM for like 15$, and then when you go to buy the card, I'll knock the 15$ off the card price, so people can at least play it on a flashcard or emulator while they wait.

I'm sure that will go well when it ends up on every ROM site ever, but, that's inevitable really.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

To anyone who wasn't watching our normal updates on FB/Aetherbyte.com/our blog...

the game went up for order but it already sold out so we're sticking everyone else on a waiting list for batch #2.

You don't pay til it's ready, so if anyone wants to order, go for it!