IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

You could start a Poll thread.

Unless a lot of sales will come from those not members here.

You can only vote one option.

Have options for "I will buy one" ..two ...three ...four or more... In the coming year...

For the first batch's sales, I suggest folks vote with their dollars. After all, I already built the first batch's hardware. ;) If I sell out of the first batch, then I'll set up a poll like that. :)

Edited by intvnut
  • Like 1

For the first batch's sales, I suggest folks vote with their dollars. After all, I already built the first batch's hardware. ;) If I sell out of the first batch, then I'll set up a poll like that. :)

Sounds great! my money will vote for two of them! :) One is for my best friend......I only keep one of everything and two of nothing! I love that saying because I made it up! Trademark worthy? ;)

Sounds great! my money will vote for two of them! :) One is for my best friend......I only keep one of everything and two of nothing! I love that saying because I made it up! Trademark worthy? ;)

That gives new meaning to the saying "I'd give my left nut for..."

• Like 1

From what I've read, the LTO Flash has the ability to display the game's manual from the cart menu. What is the format of the manual files? I know they're text files but how long are each of the lines of text? The CC3 was limited to 21 chars. If this the same limitation on the LTO Flash?

I just discovered this manual thing myself. Apparently the CC3 had it. Do people seriously boot up a console, scroll through text on the TV to figure out a game, then load a game and hope you remember what the manual told you? Games of that era seemed to me to come in 2 varieties - so obvious as to not require a manual, or complex enough that you'd often refer to the manual during gameplay.

I was just stunned to think of this. I guess I'm a bit more old-fashioned or something. Is it actually useful?

• Like 1

My current plan is to do pretty much as the CC3 did, displaying text files on screen and letting you scroll through them. The display is 20 characters wide, and so for best results, you'll need to format the manuals for that width. I believe there's a set of already-formatted manuals floating around that was put together for the CC3.

I'd love to display the manual in a narrower font; however, there's only enough GRAM tiles to cover about 1/4th the screen.

Put me down for 3. I could use a couple spares.

Heyyy.... waitaminnit.

Ok, back to work for me.

Just so you know, I'm not building a waiting list at this time. I will be sure announce availability in this thread, and as many other places as I can think of.

Edited by intvnut
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy all,

I've been silently following this thread for a while now, dying to get my hands on one of these flash carts.

Do we have to declare interest in X of them here (or elsewhere), or is it just a matter of ordering it on the LTO website once they're ready?

just have to wait for the release announcement.