IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

Ok, I just built Release Candidate 1 of the firmware. All the features are in and working! Now I just need to bang on it a little more just to be sure.

Of course, I may teach LTO Flash! some new tricks down the road. As it stands, though, the board does everything we've set out to do.

• Like 8

Ok, I just built Release Candidate 1 of the firmware. All the features are in and working! Now I just need to bang on it a little more just to be sure.

Of course, I may teach LTO Flash! some new tricks down the road. As it stands, though, the board does everything we've set out to do.

Joe, I'm no software or hardware expert, but I'm pretty sure banging on it with a hammer will not advance this project. Just sayin. :)

• Like 2

Uh oh. Now I've got to fix the last few things in the UI! Luckily the remaining things can all be fixed post-release -- if people notice them. Our beta testers have been finding things off in the more obscure corners of the possible uses cases.

It's called "percussive maintenance" - we're quite rigorous in our testing. :P

*chuckle* Indeed we are!

Not that I would recommend anyone do anything like this, but I have tested plugging/unplugging LTO Flash from a powered Intellivision (with and w/out USB connected to a PC), and all manner of other related abuses. It has never even flinched—and neither has the Intellivision, for that matter. I've also dropped, tossed, jostled, etc. the bare boards. They've taken all that abuse.

I did find one minor bug since I cut RC1 earlier, but that's fixed. Other than that, I haven't been able to break it. Before long, I'll be pinging our beta testers for the final phase. :)

rigorous testing:

[media]

[/media]

How'd you get that video of my testing lab? Man... I need a shave and a haircut. And perhaps to switch to decaf. ;) ;) ;)

• Like 4

*chuckle* Indeed we are!

Not that I would recommend anyone do anything like this, but I have tested plugging/unplugging LTO Flash from a powered Intellivision (with and w/out USB connected to a PC), and all manner of other related abuses. It has never even flinched—and neither has the Intellivision, for that matter. I've also dropped, tossed, jostled, etc. the bare boards. They've taken all that abuse.

I did find one minor bug since I cut RC1 earlier, but that's fixed. Other than that, I haven't been able to break it. Before long, I'll be pinging our beta testers for the final phase. :)

How'd you get that video of my testing lab? Man... I need a shave and a haircut. And perhaps to switch to decaf. ;) ;) ;)

It's the dang IOT man! Those webcams are security breaches waiting to happen!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Could anyone possibly help me as to where I can purchase an Intellivision Flash Cartridge? I have heard of this LTO cart and the HIVE but cannot find anywhere online to purchase them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Where's that :facepalm: emoticon when you need it..?

Edited by walterg74

Could anyone possibly help me as to where I can purchase an Intellivision Flash Cartridge? I have heard of this LTO cart and the HIVE but cannot find anywhere online to purchase them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

They are not available yet and we don't know when they will be available.

Wow. The threads I found were like three years old so i figured they'd have been available by now. Thanks for the info.

I'm pretty sure it's not 2017 yet. :)

Life got in the way for me in a big way, sadly. My previous job about killed me, and now I'm at a new job with my stuff split between TX and CA while I try to find (and afford) a home out here. I've had the hardware sitting here for a long, long time now while I finished the firmware. Firmware is done now. Anything I'd add at this point is new features. It's field upgradable, so if an obscure bug gets discovered, everyone's devices can be fixed. The GUI is done enough, I think. It too can always be upgraded.

Here's what remains:

• Gotta write and print the manuals
  • Gotta make them available for purchase.

I still haven't worked out how I'll receive payment. I may need to take money orders, checks or ACH / wire transfers. I have a way to do the ACH/wire transfer thing through my bank at no cost, although it's rate limited.

Edited by intvnut
  • Like 4

Why not PayPal? I'm not the strongest advocate of them, but by gum - they are the easiest/simplest way to pay and get paid. :lol:

They have a habit of seizing the accounts of people selling flash cartridges.

In fact, before I start selling this, I need to make sure to move my "house in California down payment fund" to an account that has never been linked to PayPal, just in case.

Edited by intvnut

Ahh... attachicon.gif1157.jpg

Hell, they froze my account when I introduced Space Patrol and the LTO 4-Tris release. It really screwed me up for awhile. I was counting on funds from one to fund the other, but in order to get untangled, I had to put $thousands on the credit card (racking up a bunch of interest) and get everything shipped (and proven received... not always easy with certain countries) before they'd unfreeze the funds.

In the end, PayPal cost me a lot of money.

Easiest way to get paid, indeed.

Hell, they froze my account when I introduced Space Patrol and the LTO 4-Tris release. It really screwed me up for awhile. I was counting on funds from one to fund the other, but in order to get untangled, I had to put $thousands on the credit card (racking up a bunch of interest) and get everything shipped (and proven received... not always easy with certain countries) before they'd unfreeze the funds.

In the end, PayPal cost me a lot of money.

Easiest way to get paid, indeed.

Ugh... sounds like a nightmare. Totally understand not wanting to use them again!

And naturally, can pay by check or money order when the time comes that this is released. :)