IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

Are you right clicking on the .zip file and unblocking it before unzipping?

Just tried a right click and the behavior is the same. Weird as the previous file worked. Unblocking the file was not offered as a option.

Edited by Utopia

Ok, I ran the original version and it asked me if I wanted a upgrade - which was a nice touch and I "forced windows" to do the upgrade (I think I did anyway).

While typing this another version is just starting to install after several minutes.

How do I check if it is the original or the upgrade version?

Ok, I ran the original version and it asked me if I wanted a upgrade - which was a nice touch and I "forced windows" to do the upgrade (I think I did anyway).

While typing this another version is just starting to install after several minutes.

How do I check if it is the original or the upgrade version?

When you click the main menu button (looks like a little Intellivision console icon) in the upper left, when the menu opens, you'll see some credits, including the version number.

BTW, I sent you a PM.

• Like 1

I'm getting ready to try this out on the week-end, and I would like to know if the issues mentioned above are only manifest on the Windows version.

Is there something I should look out for when installing the Mac version?

Just a quick update: I ran into a few minor snags getting the last t's crossed and i's dotted. That, and I had significantly less time this weekend than I anticipated. It seems folks actually wanted to celebrate my birthday with me. :)

I have the website ready to go live with ordering details. I'll be putting it online Wednesday night / Thursday morning, depending on your time zone.

• Like 7

Downloaded the latest version of the GUI (build 2350). Tried it out and it's pretty easy to use and fairly intuitive.

Couple of questions though...

1. The Storage Used indicator at the bottom-right of the window, what does it use to calculate this percentage? Mine reports 18.16% used. I have no USB or SD cards plugged in.

2. I see you can relate a text file (manual) to each ROM. Is there an easier way to set these manuals other than browsing each one individually? I recall the CC3 had this ability and required the rom and txt file be named the same. Also, how long can the text lines be? 16 chars?

Thanks.

For question 1: How is Space Used Computed?

If you hover the mouse over the "percent used" you will see details appear. There are several dimensions to this calculation. The overall display shows the "most used up" result. Going from memory (at the payin' the bills job right now), the contributing factors are:

• Estimated bytes used of total (there's 32 MB of onboard flash used to store ROMs and all other support data like manuals)
  • Number of files used of total supported
  • Number of directories used of total supported
  • Number of forks used of total supported

These detailed bits refer to details of the file system intvnut has designed for the onboard flash. So, if you used 100 of the 128 directories supported in the file system, the overall estimate says 78.13% used -- even though you may be able to put 500 more ROMs on there.

The file system is really slick, and "de-dupes" -- so you can put the same ROM on many, many times without wasting space. Each one does use a "file" in the file system, though.

For question 2: About the Manuals...

20 characters per line is ideal formatting, IIRC -- as for the Intellicart CuttleCart 3.

As to an easier way to assign manuals... At this time, there isn't anything in the UI. I'm not sure if I have a tracking item for an "auto-discover manuals" feature, though there are some places in the code that hint at it. ;) Such a feature could, for example, assume that if there's a "goober.txt" file next to "goober.rom" or "goober.bin" that it's meant to be the manual for the game.

Once things settle from the initial rush maybe someone could put together a poll for feature requests. Despite my most fervent hopes, though, as a few intrepid users have found, I did manage to include a bug or two in the initial release. :/ The most annoying thing is they always seem to be like fireworks - buy one, get 5 free. :P At first, I want to squash them as possible and take on new features when the dust settles. After all, new features inevitably lead to more fireworks.

• Like 1