IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

When you click the main menu button (looks like a little Intellivision console icon) in the upper left, when the menu opens, you'll see some credits, including the version number.

BTW, I sent you a PM.

Hi Steve, I sent a detailed reply in PM.

A question about Bin+Cfg files - If saved in the same folders as the ROM files will LTO flash treat them the same way with respect to loading and playing a game?

Hi Steve, I sent a detailed reply in PM.

A question about Bin+Cfg files - If saved in the same folders as the ROM files will LTO flash treat them the same way with respect to loading and playing a game?

Thanks for the info!

Regarding different ROM format: Yes, the different ROM formats are all supported.

There are pros and cons to both of .ROM vs. .bin+.cfg formats. Games using advanced features usually include additional information in the .cfg file that is not described in the traditional .ROM format.

Wow... total opposite opinion, here. I thought it was very complex. But to each his/her own, I guess.

It's only complex if you want it to be complex. If you just want to load some ROMs: 1. Click Add Files (or drag and drop). 2. Select them and click Add to Menu. (or drag and drop) 3. Click Send to LTO Flash!

I'm not sure how much simpler it could be. You can safely ignore 90% of the bells and whistles and still play games on your Intellivision with little effort. The only complexity comes into play when you want to get fancy with your menus, setting up categories and colors etc.

It's only complex if you want it to be complex. If you just want to load some ROMs: 1. Click Add Files (or drag and drop). 2. Select them and click Add to Menu. (or drag and drop) 3. Click Send to LTO Flash!

I'm not sure how much simpler it could be. You can safely ignore 90% of the bells and whistles and still play games on your Intellivision with little effort. The only complexity comes into play when you want to get fancy with your menus, setting up categories and colors etc.

That's what I mean. The GUI has too many bells and whistles. I'd rather it be dumbed down (less options).

The cart is advertised as "field-upgradable" (and it is); I don't know if anyone's said the same about the GUI.

That being said, how is the GUI, or any self-installable software package, not "field-upgradable"?

You certainly don't want to send your computer out to get the the software upgraded.

And that being said, I'd rather see most fixes done with corrected full installs, otherwise there are too many patches floating around, and patches for patches, etc...

• Like 1

That's what I mean. The GUI has too many bells and whistles. I'd rather it be dumbed down (less options).

Ya know, I actually agree with you. I wish more software didn't get cluttered up with a million options. Personally, I won't be using the majority of the functionality here. For instance: I couldn't care less about the manuals - I think it's one of the sillier, more impractical ideas. I am never going to boot up a game console to read instructions. And yet in this thread we already have people asking about it - so clearly others disagree with me. On the flip side, I bet most people will never use the "instant Play" option - because you have to have a computer right next to your Intellivision. And yet I use it dozens of times a day.

Fortunately you and I can just ignore the options we don't use. It's still better to have it available for those that want it, than not have it at all.

New menus are assigned a number that can then be customized by renaming. It one is deleted can it be recovered?

E.G. If menus from one to 10 are deleted the next assigned one is 11 and so on but can the early numbers be recovered or does it even matter?

Just wondering if one could eventually run out of available menus.

And that being said, I'd rather see most fixes done with corrected full installs...

I'm always leery about doing new full installs over old full installs, without completely uninstalling the previous version first, which I DON'T want to keep doing. I don't know... I've just had bad luck with this in the past... or, at least, my computer has.

New menus are assigned a number that can then be customized by renaming. It one is deleted can it be recovered?

E.G. If menus from one to 10 are deleted the next assigned one is 11 and so on but can the early numbers be recovered or does it even matter?

Just wondering if one could eventually run out of available menus.

They're just names. You can rename all your menus to "bob" if you like.

It's kind of like "Untitled 1", "Untitled 2" etc.

Add and delete things to your heart's content.

I just want it to be as simple to use as possible.

I am a retro game player, not a computer tech so I will take advantage of the easiest to use option to load the cart up with games.

It sounds great in most respects, and I am sure I will be very pleased to own it! :)

Or someone who recognizes that not everyone else wants exactly what I want. ;)

As my grandparents used to say: "Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it".

I've always been told that it is impossible to please everyone and I think that truism is quite evident in this case.

However, I think Steve has done a great job in bringing a lot of features to the program, and he is interested in continuing to add cool features to the GUI in the future.

Each LTO Flash! comes with a full colour manual that explains very clearly how to use the cartridge. If you just want to dump roms onto the cartridge and stick it into your Intellivision and play games, you will find it is quite easy and clearly explained in the manual. There of course are online links for the most up to date LTO Flash! information as well on the LTO GUI page.

You will find that this is a highly polished product that was not rushed out the door. I am sure you will love it as much as I do!

• Like 2

Just a quick update: I ran into a few minor snags getting the last t's crossed and i's dotted. That, and I had significantly less time this weekend than I anticipated. It seems folks actually wanted to celebrate my birthday with me. :)

I have the website ready to go live with ordering details. I'll be putting it online Wednesday night / Thursday morning, depending on your time zone.

This is what INTVnut wrote about the website going online. You will get the link here when it goes live.