IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

'llo here.

I'm a bit late to the party. I followed this project for almost a year at its beginning then i forgot 'bou it.

I'm back to it now, but please, tell me, it's not released yet, right ?

Only its "soft manager" is reelased for kinda testing purpose.

Am I wrong ?

Thank you very much !

EDIT : never mind, digging a bit more, i fuond that it's for this week :)

See ya later !

Edited by MockyLock

So far, I am fine with the software's interface. It doesn't not strike me as too complicated.

However, I don't know if I representative of the average customer. I am a professional developer, I read protocol and chip specification for fun, and I chaired the Bluetooth HID working group (if you use a Bluetooth mouse/keyboard/joystick, you're welcome).

So far, I am fine with the software's interface. It doesn't not strike me as too complicated.

However, I don't know if I representative of the average customer. I am a professional developer, I read protocol and chip specification for fun, and I chaired the Bluetooth HID working group (if you use a Bluetooth mouse/keyboard/joystick, you're welcome).

We're welcome? For all the security holes..? Right... :P

We're welcome? For all the security holes..? Right... :P

Yeah, some Bluetooth security holes have been found. Many are theoretical and not real-world practical. Others have been fixed in the spec. I can't speak for BLE devices.

The #1 thing a user can do is be very careful about what devices you pair with (i.e. when you enter or compare a PIN code) and be extremely wary with devices that have no security. WiFi has had similar problems.

In a nutshell, if you use any wireless protocol (standard or proprietary), security is much bigger problem than a wired protocol.

OK folks!

I've put the ordering information at the official website: http://ltoflash.leftturnonly.info/

The TL;DR version:

• For direct purchases: Send check or money order to me. (My address is at the website.)
  • Soon (hopefully within a week), Level Up Video Games in Santa Cruz will have these available for online ordering. If you are in the area, you can stop in and purchase one now!
  • Soon (also hopefully within a week), RetroGameShop in Germany will also have these available for online ordering within Europe. We're just waiting for them to get to Europe.
  • If you are interested in bulk orders to resell (20+), please contact me.
  • Because of my retail engagements, I can not honor serial number requests.

That said: I have held back serial numbers 1 through 25. I am working on a special edition that should be available by PRGE, perhaps sooner.

Shipments on direct purchases will go out in batches. I have a day job, so I'll be packing stuff for shipping on the weekends.

I do have some downloadable goodies planned as well. I just haven't had a chance to get them completely polished and on the website. I don't see a point delaying the release for those, though. :) They'll be just as fun later.

One last detail: The manual PDF is on the website. It's "web optimized" (for faster download), and so is not the same quality as the printed manual. The printed manual is very sharp, while the web-optimized version has some noticeable JPEG compression artifacts on some of the screenshots. I may have to tweak that a bit to balance download size vs. quality.

Edited by intvnut
  • Like 14

OK folks!

I've put the ordering information at the official website: http://ltoflash.leftturnonly.info/

The TL;DR version:

• For direct purchases: Send check or money order to me. (My address is at the website.)
  • Soon (hopefully within a week), Level Up Video Games in Santa Cruz will have these available for online ordering. If you are in the area, you can stop in and purchase one now!
  • Soon (also hopefully within a week), RetroGameShop in Germany will also have these available for online ordering within Europe. We're just waiting for them to get to Europe.
  • If you are interested in bulk orders to resell (20+), please contact me.
  • Because of my retail engagements, I can not honor serial number requests.

That said: I have held back serial numbers 1 through 25. I am working on a special edition that should be available by PRGE, perhaps sooner.

Shipments on direct purchases will go out in batches. I have a day job, so I'll be packing stuff for shipping on the weekends.

I do have some downloadable goodies planned as well. I just haven't had a chance to get them completely polished and on the website. I don't see a point delaying the release for those, though. :) They'll be just as fun later.

One last detail: The manual PDF is on the website. It's "web optimized" (for faster download), and so is not the same quality as the printed manual. The printed manual is very sharp, while the web-optimized version has some noticeable JPEG compression artifacts on some of the screenshots. I may have to tweak that a bit to balance download size vs. quality.

Will the resellers sell at the same price, or does it come out better ordering directly from you?

By the way, you never answered my prior question: does it come in other coloured shell apart from sickly radioactive orange? (solid black or clear white ?)

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

That's it? We can't buy direct from you through an online payment?

You may not have seen the discussion about why PayPal is not an option. Essentially, they don't allow flash cartridges to be sold using PayPal.

Setting up credit card acceptance is not a trivial matter either.

So, it looks like online purchases will be going through Level Up Video Games.

That's it? We can't buy direct from you through an online payment?

I do not have a means for accepting direct electronic payment.

EDIT: I was mistaken, and Level Up does not currently accept international orders.

Never fear, I am trying to find other international outlets, FWIW.

Will the resellers sell at the same price, or does it come out better ordering directly from you?

$119 is the retail price, and is the price that Level Up Video Games will offer it at.

RetroGamesShop's list price will be slightly higher, but it includes import duty and tax. When you balance that against the lower cost shipping within Europe and no subsequent import duty, I believe it will end up being a similar end cost to ordering from me directly. That's my goal, at least.

And yes, LTO Flash! comes in orange.

Edited by intvnut
  • Like 1

Shopify.com

Looks great, until you hit this part:

2.2 PayPal Express Checkout and Shopify Payments Accounts

• Upon completion of sign up for the Service, Shopify will create a PayPal Express Checkout account on your behalf, using your email address. Depending on your location, Shopify may also create a Shopify Payments account on your behalf.
  • You acknowledge that PayPal Express Checkout and/or Shopify Payments will be your default payments gateway(s) and that it is your sole responsibility as the Account Owner to activate and maintain these accounts. If you do not wish to keep either of the payment accounts active, it is your responsibility to deactivate them. For the avoidance of doubt, PayPal Express Checkout is a Third Party Service, as defined in Section 16 of these Terms of Service.

16. Third Party Services

• In addition to these Terms of Service, you also agree to be bound by the additional service-specific terms applicable to services you purchase from, or that are provided by, Shopify’s partners or other third parties.

The way I read that, it sounds like I could fall under PayPal's TOS, which is the exact thing I'm trying to avoid.

Edited by intvnut

EDIT: I was mistaken, and Level Up does not currently accept international orders.

Never fear, I am trying to find other international outlets, FWIW.

Unfortunate, but for now, I think that International orders can survive sending an INTERNATIONAL money order in US dollars.

It is really important that if you go to your bank, that you ensure that you are buying an INTERNATIONAL money order and not a 'domestic' money order. Ask the bank or post office where you buy your money order if they can cash it in the USA.

We've all been spoiled using online methods of payment, as it allows buying things at the click of a button, but there are significant costs to being able to do so. I know, as I accepted credit cards for a couple of years for Elektronite games.