IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

That's not quite true. It's also incompatible with the PlayCable. I guess that makes two peripherals known to be incompatible with it. Sorry. ;) ;) ;)

I guess you'll have to find a Cuttle Cart for the System Changer. (Not a Cuttle Cart 3, but rather, the original Cuttle Cart for Atari 2600.) And for the PlayCable... put that sucker on display in your collection museum, you lucky PlayCable owning bastard! :lolblue:

Woah. Wait a second...are you telling me that these are just expensive paperweights?!?!?! :P :-D

post-25458-0-42436100-1473046749_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

It has a dedicated website: http://ltoflash.leftturnonly.info./

I need to add a link from the main Left Turn Only page to point to it. I'll be sending out emails this (long) weekend to everyone who expressed interest, and I'll update the main LTO page too. I'll also start a new thread here on AA, as this one has gotten a bit unwieldy.

EDIT: I added a link at the top of the main LTO page to the LTO Flash! page now.

Thanks.

International Money Orders are a pain in the arse and I am international. Can I pay using this service? https://transferwise.com/

Also wondered why the cases are bright orange now. I would much rather have preffered the see-through shell to see its guts.

Thanks.

International Money Orders are a pain in the arse and I am international. Can I pay using this service? https://transferwise.com/

Also wondered why the cases are bright orange now. I would much rather have preffered the see-through shell to see its guts.

The orange cases are still see-through, just orange.

The orange cases are still see-through, just orange.

Yeah, but orange does not seem to be most becoming colour for these sort of product.

intvnut, any chance that it will be offered in solid black or clear white in the future?

-dZ.

Does this mean the LTO is now available for purchase and has all the bugs worked out of it and runs all Games and Apps? Why can't I pay for it Via Paypal? I've purchased ROMS for Intellivision via Paypal.

Yep, available now at http://ltoflash.leftturnonly.info/. I'm sending out an email blast later today to everyone who has expressed interest. (Hurray for the long weekend.) I'll also start a new thread here.

I would never claim all the bugs are worked out of it. We've made it pretty darn solid, though. If anything does turn up, it's firmware-upgradable. It runs all the currently released software so far as we can tell. If/when a compatibility issue arises, we can address it with firmware.

No PayPal, because PayPal specifically forbids "devices that allow domestic video game consoles to play back-up or import versions of video games," which is a lawyerly way of saying no flash carts, no flash multi-carts, no SD carts, no RAM-downloadable carts.

That means: No Intellicart, no CC3, and no LTO Flash!. I guess they put it the way they did, because many vendors describe their products in those terms. For example, one store says exactly for their other products "Ideal for homebrew and playing legal backups of your old cartridges."

any chance that it will be offered in solid black or clear white in the future?

The current edition is available only in translucent orange.

I would much rather have preffered the see-through shell to see its guts.

It is a see-through, translucent shell. I want to show off the guts! :D That's why the label only covers the end, where there aren't really any guts to show.

post-14113-0-85613800-1473095358_thumb.jpg

Edited by intvnut
  • Like 3

Yep, available now at http://ltoflash.leftturnonly.info/. I'm sending out an email blast later today to everyone who has expressed interest. (Hurray for the long weekend.) I'll also start a new thread here.

I would never claim all the bugs are worked out of it. But, if anything does turn up, it's firmware-upgradable. It runs all the currently released software so far as we can tell. If/when a compatibility issue arises, we can address it with firmware.

No PayPal, because PayPal specifically forbids "devices that allow domestic video game consoles to play back-up or import versions of video games," which is a lawyerly way of saying no flash carts, no flash multi-carts, no SD carts, no RAM-downloadable carts.

That means: No Intellicart, no CC3, and no LTO Flash!. I guess they put it the way they did, because many vendors describe their products in those terms. For example, one store says exactly for their other products "Ideal for homebrew and playing legal backups of your old cartridges."

The current edition is available only in translucent orange.

It is a see-through, translucent shell. I want to show off the guts! :D That's why the label only covers the end, where there aren't really any guts to show.

attachicon.gifLTO_Flash_Top_View.jpg

Will it work with Purchased ROMs that run on the CC3? I purchased The Ms Pac Man ROM and it runs on my CC3 but will not get past the ROM Purchase Screen on JZINTVWii I assume because it's DRM Protected and is done to prevent people from putting it on the internet to be bootlegged so will it do the same thing on the LTO Flash? It runs fine on my CC3.

Will it work with Purchased ROMs that run on the CC3? I purchased The Ms Pac Man ROM and it runs on my CC3 but will not get past the ROM Purchase Screen on JZINTVWii I assume because it's DRM Protected and is done to prevent people from putting it on the internet to be bootlegged so will it do the same thing on the LTO Flash? It runs fine on my CC3.

It should work just fine in LTO Flash! on a real system.

There is a bug in jzIntv that prevents it from running Ms PacMan. I imagine that's what you're running into. It's fixed in the latest dev build of jzIntv. The version in RetroPie (and thus the Ultimate Intellivision Flashback) and likely the one in jzIntvWii both still have the bug.

That has nothing to do with the name-embedding Carl did in his carts to tie them to purchasers, and that has nothing to do with LTO Flash!. LTO Flash! will play the game exactly the same way the CC3 does.

In case anyone's wondering, nobody had used the instruction PSHR R7 before Carl did, apparently. jzIntv emulated that instruction incorrectly, causing Carl's game to go into an infinite loop. Carl is always pushing the Intellivision even further than the rest of us! :-D

Edited by intvnut
  • Like 1

I'll look into it. I'm not a big fan of sending my ACH numbers out over the Internet. I did set up a dedicated sub-account to receive LTO Flash! funds at my bank, but it's not showing up in my online account. The banker that set it up is in TX, though, so it may be some time to get to it.

In the meantime, RetroGamesShop in Germany does have units in stock. That may be a more convenient route for you. I assume from your handle you're in the UK. I'm not sure what DE => UK shipping looks like cost-wise. But, assuming it's better than shipping from California, get it now, before they pull the trigger on Article 50! :D

Edited by intvnut
  • Like 1

I'll look into it. I'm not a big fan of sending my ACH numbers out over the Internet. I did set up a dedicated sub-account to receive LTO Flash! funds at my bank, but it's not showing up in my online account. The banker that set it up is in TX, though, so it may be some time to get to it.

In the meantime, RetroGamesShop in Germany does have units in stock. That may be a more convenient route for you. I assume from your handle you're in the UK. I'm not sure what DE => UK shipping looks like cost-wise. But, assuming it's better than shipping from California, get it now, before they pull the trigger on Article 50! :D

I did not realise they had stock (I dont speak Germanish), but thanks for the headsup. Shipping to the UK from Germany is always a bit queer. Looks like 17Euros, but I wont be hit with any import fees so seems fair, but perhaps importing from USA would work out a tad cheaper even though the UK Pound to US Dollar is still weak. Congrats on getting this out the door before the other announced cart went on sale. Now all I need to do is find somewhere to buy the cart overlays.

• Like 1

I did not realise they had stock (I dont speak Germanish), but thanks for the headsup.

There is a language toggle at the top of the page, thankfully. I don't spreche Deutsch either. The units were listed just a few hours ago, so in a sense, this is breaking news. :)

Looks like 17Euros, but I wont be hit with any import fees so seems fair, but perhaps importing from USA would work out a tad cheaper even though the UK Pound to US Dollar is still weak.

Yeah, we did try to make the price reasonable, given there's still import duty / tax to pay somewhere in the path. At least shipping from US => DK was amortized. It's a pretty high floor to send 1 unit, so sending N units for sufficiently large N helps a lot.

Congrats on getting this out the door

Thanks! :)

Edited by intvnut
  • Like 1

Just ordered mine from RetroGamesShop, only 4 left now :-) Luckily I got one of the last new CC3-carts back in October 2010. But it is so nice to see an Intellivision-multicart available again! Hopefully this breathes new life into the system!

Edited by tokra
  • Like 3

Just ordered mine from RetroGamesShop, only 4 left now :-) Luckily I got one of the last new CC3-carts back in October 2010. But it is so nice to see an Intellivision-multicart available again! Hopefully this breathes new life into the system!

You'll be excited to know there's tons of homebrew development going on for the Inty right now. I believe somewhere in the neighbourhood of 8-10 releases before the end of 2016/early 2017 from 5 or 6 different producers. :) Ideally the new flash carts will encourage even more in the years to come

• Like 1

Wow, those are selling quickly. I'll happily send them more as long as demand holds up. I just sent them an email.

As others have pointed out, IntyBASIC has really spawned a renaissance, and so now you'll be able to play these games on the real unit.

Wow, those are selling quickly. I'll happily send them more as long as demand holds up. I just sent them an email.

As others have pointed out, IntyBASIC has really spawned a renaissance, and so now you'll be able to play these games on the real unit.

will they be available at the PRGE?