IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

Just got my LTO Flash today!!

Question regarding the latest version of the software... Is there a way to sort files in a directory in the menu layout by name? It defaults to what order I add files to a directory but I would like to sort alphabetically when I have a bunch in a single folder.

There is no "sort" button. You can click and drag the items to put them in the order you want. I can add it to the "wish list".

• Like 1

I used the "Intellicart" method of power cycling.

I think the later Intellicarts added the Clear + Reset. I always forgot about it too, though. Was easier to power-cycle, since my Intellivision is usually only within reach of one hand when I need to load a new ROM, and the other hand is on my computer keyboard. Oh, the woes of game development. ;)

How short is the "fast shutoff" mod? 5 seconds? 2? It depends?

IIRC, it depends on what size resistor you swap in. If I'm not mistaken, it's basically a simple RC circuit, and the product R*C determines how long you need to hold the button. The one beta tester that used LTO Flash! with a modded Inty 2 didn't really think there was a problem, since it was still a one-handed operation, and just needed an extra tap to turn the Inty 2 back on.

Like I said, though, once these are all shipped, I can dig into feature requests for future firmware updates. That's what they're for. :)

It would be a nice feature I think when many roms are in a folder. thanks!

OK, so I'm not the only one who alphabetized a few folders. :)

BTW, if you have an ECS attached, you can jump to games starting with a specific letter by pressing that letter on the ECS keyboard. If you keep pressing that letter, it'll cycle through all the games that start with that letter. IIRC, it uses the "short name" when it seeks. Note that the trick only works with the alphanumeric keyboard. The LTO Flash! menu will ignore the synth keyboard.

• Like 2

OK, so I'm not the only one who alphabetized a few folders. :)

BTW, if you have an ECS attached, you can jump to games starting with a specific letter by pressing that letter on the ECS keyboard. If you keep pressing that letter, it'll cycle through all the games that start with that letter. IIRC, it uses the "short name" when it seeks. Note that the trick only works with the alphanumeric keyboard. The LTO Flash! menu will ignore the synth keyboard.

That's pretty neat.

Is it only for the first letter?

Or can you type in more than one letter, such as typing B O would jump to bowling and jump past beamrider?

Is it only for the first letter?

Or can you type in more than one letter, such as typing B O would jump to bowling and jump past beamrider?

Right now, it's only the first letter. If you keep hitting "B" it'd cycle through Beamrider, Beauty and the Beast, Bowling, Boxing, etc.

I suppose if I wanted to get fancier, I could look for multiple letters "close enough in time" and do a multi-letter search, like web-browsers do with drop-downs. I wanted to get the basics solid first.

• Like 1

Right now, it's only the first letter. If you keep hitting "B" it'd cycle through Beamrider, Beauty and the Beast, Bowling, Boxing, etc.

I suppose if I wanted to get fancier, I could look for multiple letters "close enough in time" and do a multi-letter search, like web-browsers do with drop-downs. I wanted to get the basics solid first.

Ah, yes, basics first and advanced features later.

Even this current functionality is a nice little surprise to hear about and appreciated.

you mean you don't hold Clear and mash reset to get back to the game select menu like with CC3?

+1. I'm so used to this method, having had CC3s since way back. It's fast and efficient. I haven't gotten my hands on the LTOF yet, so maybe I won't mind once I do. But just thinking about trying to quickly go through games and back to the menus it seems like the holding reset thing could get bothersome. If it's an easily added future feature, awesome. If not, I suppose I'll adapt.

Sent from my Intellivision ECS using Intelli-Tapatalk

+1. I'm so used to this method, having had CC3s since way back. It's fast and efficient. I haven't gotten my hands on the LTOF yet, so maybe I won't mind once I do. But just thinking about trying to quickly go through games and back to the menus it seems like the holding reset thing could get bothersome. If it's an easily added future feature, awesome. If not, I suppose I'll adapt.

It is really easy. It isn't like Intellivision II long....just slightly longer than a hit on the reset button. Usually people have to turn off their machine to change a game, so, if you want to go 'old school', that is easy too.... just power down :-)

Really, who wants to lose Easter Egg activations?

It is really easy. It isn't like Intellivision II long....just slightly longer than a hit on the reset button. Usually people have to turn off their machine to change a game, so, if you want to go 'old school', that is easy too.... just power down :-)

Really, who wants to lose Easter Egg activations?

I never did the power cycle with my CC3. It's harder on electronics and power supplies than a simple reset. That's one of my big annoyances with the Harmony Cart for the 2600. You have to power cycle to get back to the menu.

And I am not aware of any Easter eggs that were broken by the reset feature of the CC3. Are there some?

Warning.

Level up video games sends the Lto Flash in a frikking bubble envelope. My box is damaged. Ill be sending them a return request. Or a reverse paypal claim. I would of gladly paid an extra 10 bucks for it being shipped in a box.

attachicon.gif20160914_125355.jpg

Yep. At 120 bucks it better be perfect. I agree. How much does a small box cost?

• Like 1

Mine was sent in a flat rate mailing envelope without issue

Nice! Over the years I've received many items in a bubbleope. Most come fine. But there is that lesser percentage (in my experience) that will arrive damaged.

It should be widely known by now to not send a cardboard box in an envelope. But that's just me.

Ill send them a kind email and if they don't want to return ill just put on ebay and try to get one elsewhere. Maybe ill motivate myself to do the money order.

Nice! Over the years I've received many items in a bubbleope. Most come fine. But there is that lesser percentage (in my experience) that will arrive damaged.

It should be widely known by now to not send a cardboard box in an envelope. But that's just me.

Ill send them a kind email and if they don't want to return ill just put on ebay and try to get one elsewhere. Maybe ill motivate myself to do the money order.

Lame! But at least they didn't just slap the shipping label right on the LTOF box itself - like some eBay sellers have been known to do with gaming items.

I think I paid for mine with Paypal. So if you paid with Paypal you could open a dispute.

Warning.

Level up video games sends the Lto Flash in a frikking bubble envelope. My box is damaged. Ill be sending them a return request. Or a reverse paypal claim. I would of gladly paid an extra 10 bucks for it being shipped in a box.

20160914_125355.jpg

20160914_125355.jpg

Yah that's not cool. I'll be buying directly from Joe at PRGE

Warning.

It does kind of suck that the cartridge box was damaged but was the LTO Flash it's self OK? Maybe they could send you another Box but maybe they don't have extra boxes laying around. They could also give you a partial refund of maybe 10 bucks or 15 for compensation for the damaged box the sent you because of their poor packaging method. I wonder how they package it if you pay the 4 bucks for the priority shipping or is it first class shipping that they send if you pay the four bucks for shipping?

If Pay Pal does not allow you to use them to pay for Multi Carts then why was I just able to pay for my LTO Flash from Level Up with my Pay Pal account?

Third party selling random stuff will slip thru paypal automated checks way easier than a sudden 200 sales to Joe's paypal. The spike alone would flag him.

Agree with all here - game boxes should always be mailed in a box to prevent damage during shipping. I'm sure they will take care of it but I personally wouldn't want a few bucks back but a brand new one. It just causes more hassle for everyone as now you have to deal with shipping back or reselling on eBay. Joe's a class act so I'm 100% sure he'll take care of personally of need be. Sorry for damage Rev - hope you get a new one soon.

• Like 2