IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

I picked mine at the Post Office and it came in a Bubble Envelope so I thought Man just like they complained about on Atari Age but then when I opened it I noticed it was , wrapped around a Priority Mail Box and when I took it out of the envelope the LTO Flash box fell out because the Priority Mail Box was not sealed but it still remained un damaged and perfectly intact.

The link is on the GUI download page. Perhaps we should make it more prominent, since it turns out more machines than we anticipated do need a manual driver install. To save a click, here it is: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

That link is in the UI too. Going from memory (Also at $DAY_JOB -- thanks for that shorthand, intvnut!)

Mac Menubar: Tools>>LTO Flash!>>FTDI>>link to driver page menu item name escapes me

Windows: click on "Mini Intellivision System Icon in Upper Left Corner">>LTO Flash!>>FTDI>>link to driver page menu item name escapes me

• Like 1

OK, thanks. Even if there is pressure on that connector (which is possible if I didn't make a big enough notch for it), if the USB cable can still be inserted, then there's nothing that can "short out" there. But definitely, I at least need to get you a different shell, it sounds like.

Let me know how it goes and we'll know how to proceed. :)

I'm going to PM you. If there's anything that should help the community I will paste it here.

LTO Flash! doesn't normally come with a USB cable. However, I had about 150 of them here that I've been including as a freebie to folks whose orders came in directly to me the first week or so. :) It's a free surprise gift―a thank you from me for your patience as I worked through the rush of orders, since I know I am slow getting them out.

I originally was going to include a microUSB cable with all orders; however, I ran into issues procuring enough of the ones I wanted at a decent price, and there wasn't a good way to fit it in the gatefold box, either. I suppose if I had selected one w/out RF chokes I would have been better off. I wasn't sure at the time I was buying them if the RF chokes would help anything when connecting LTO Flash! to both a computer and an Intellivision simultaneously. Turns out, even the cheapest cables seem to do fine, as long as they still make a connection.

The same was not true with the Intellicart. I had massive noise issues with some combinations of PC & Intellivision whenever the serial cable was connected.

• Like 3

LTO Flash! doesn't normally come with a USB cable. However, I had about 150 of them here that I've been including as a freebie to folks whose orders came in directly to me the first week or so. :) It's a free surprise gift―a thank you from me for your patience as I worked through the rush of orders, since I know I am slow getting them out.

Thank you! :) :) :)

I originally was going to include a microUSB cable with all orders; however, I ran into issues procuring enough of the ones I wanted at a decent price, and there wasn't a good way to fit it in the gatefold box, either. I suppose if I had selected one w/out RF chokes I would have been better off. I wasn't sure at the time I was buying them if the RF chokes would help anything when connecting LTO Flash! to both a computer and an Intellivision simultaneously. Turns out, even the cheapest cables seem to do fine, as long as they still make a connection.

The same was not true with the Intellicart. I had massive noise issues with some combinations of PC & Intellivision whenever the serial cable was connected.

I'm glad mine didn't TBH. I'm a flashcart/gadget whore so I have microUSB cables as far as the eye can see. I think they're just sitting dormant like in War of the Worlds and once they have sufficient numbers will strangle us in the middle of the night and take over the world. Best just start throwing them out.

• Like 3

I'm glad mine didn't TBH. I'm a flashcart/gadget whore so I have microUSB cables as far as the eye can see. I think they're just sitting dormant like in War of the Worlds and once they have sufficient numbers will strangle us in the middle of the night and take over the world. Best just start throwing them out.

Lol! Best post of the day! :)

I won't have that problem. Mine just happen to tie themselves in knots for some reason, so they won't be able to move too fast. Hmm... now I wonder if that's part of their plan... :o

So Far I don't lke the LTO Flash Transfer Program it's not as easy to use as the Cuttle Cart 3 software that has a Linux version.

I transferred a bunch of ROMs to the cartridge but when saw some ROMs I did not want on the Main screen or eanted to change the LOng Name to something different I could not figure out how to update the Cartridge or send the changes to the cartridge, there is no apply changes option or send changes to LTO Flash Cartridge that I can see. I removed some ROMs from the window on the right side of the screen and added a manual to Astrosmash and changed some long file names thinking it would change everything on the fly so I selected disconnect LTO and put the LTO in my Intellivision and the ROMs I thought I removed were still ther, Astrosmash did not have the manual, I pressed 0 on the Key Pad on the Hand Controller and nothing came up plus the ROMs I changed the names of still had their old short names. I also tried to add a New Folder called Arcade from all the Arcade Games and that folder did not show up on the LTO Flash Menu when Inserted into my Intellivision.

I have to reboot to Windows 7 to use the Transfer Software and then back to Linus to check this forum for any answer to my posting or see if anyone else has the same problem.

Also I don't like the way you return to the LTO Flash Menu, CC3 does it right you just hold Clear and tap reset, much easier and quicker then having to hold Reset for 3 seconds.

When you make a change to your menu, and your cart is attached, click the "Send to LTO Flash!" button.

post-35516-0-91892700-1474323413_thumb.png

EDIT: When the UI notices a difference between your cartridge menu and the one in the UI, an icon appears above the menu with a little 'i' on it to inform you that there are differences.