IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

MAC USERS NOTE:

I really messed up the last update, so the downloadable version currently available is not very useful. I'm actively debugging this issue and will update here as soon as I've got a fix available.

None of my local tests fail. I have not determined whether the issue is OS-version-specific at this time, but I've confirmed the issue on versions 10.9.5 and later.

No matter how small and safe a change seems to be, it seems I'll need to spend a couple locating and manually testing numerous versions of Mac OS X. Apologies for the overconfidence.

Got my LTO Flash the other day. It stayed in the shrink wrap for the entire walk from the mailbox to the house. It took me a couple of tries to get the software to recognize the LTO Flash but once I got it I loaded a ton of games and spent the rest of the evening playing all kinds of stuff. I love it.

I ordered from Level Up Games. No cable, but I did get a cool, Level Up Games sticker. so that was nice.

Also, and this might sound odd, but the package was a padded envelope and when I opened it I would swear I got a big whiff of weed. and then it was gone.

not sure if that was supposed another free gift or my imagination was playing with me.

• Like 1

when I opened it I would swear I got a big whiff of weed. and then it was gone.

not sure if that was supposed another free gift or my imagination was playing with me.

LOL. It might be the shrink wrap. That stuff has a bit of an aroma that could easily be mistaken for weed, but I only really notice it when I have a gadzillion of them freshly shrink-wrapped in one spot.

Or, there might have been something in the air in Santa Cruz. I dunno, I wasn't there. :)

Cool a Sears Super Video Arcade! I have a Frankenstein Intellivision, it's a Original Intellivision 2609 bottom and circuit boards with a Sears Super Video Arcade Top so I get the benefit of the Mattel Intellivision without it removing the Copy Right Mattel Electronics and the benefit of the removable controllers of the Sears Super Video Arcade and not annoying Intellivision 2 crappy controllers. I lost the thing that goes on the power switch so it's hard to turn off the Intellivison so I put a switch thing-gie on the plug that I got at Wally World. This way also preserves the Transformer that I think goes bad with age if you leave the Intellivision plugged in too long.

Cool Joystick too looks like you have 2 of them.

Thanks! Sounds kind of like mine.. Lol. Mine is a 2609 bottom, with SVA top.. SVA motherboard. I always controller extension cables on it, whether using be the arcade stick or an original controller.. I use both depending on the game. :)

The second arcade stick with the multi-colored buttons in the background is a Grips - ColecoVision Arcade Stick. He sells PCB kits for both Inty and Coleco IIRC. I highly recommend one from grips03. :thumbsup:

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD85

MAC USERS:

I have only just identified what appears to be a brand new problem in the libraries used by the LTO Flash! User Interface.

If the application does not launch -- or immediately crashes after launching, it appears that there is a bug in the latest MONO runtime.

You can downgrade to the version here:

http://download.mono-project.com/archive/4.4.2/

Download the installer and it should work.

The incompatible version appears to have just been released on Sept. 14, 2016.

Got my LTO Flash the other day. It stayed in the shrink wrap for the entire walk from the mailbox to the house. It took me a couple of tries to get the software to recognize the LTO Flash but once I got it I loaded a ton of games and spent the rest of the evening playing all kinds of stuff. I love it.

I ordered from Level Up Games. No cable, but I did get a cool, Level Up Games sticker. so that was nice.

Also, and this might sound odd, but the package was a padded envelope and when I opened it I would swear I got a big whiff of weed. and then it was gone.

I didn't get a sticker.

LOL. It might be the shrink wrap. That stuff has a bit of an aroma that could easily be mistaken for weed, but I only really notice it when I have a gadzillion of them freshly shrink-wrapped in one spot.

I can confirm this. I worked in a print shop in another life, and after you shrinkwrap your 800th book of the day, you start to wonder just what kind of fumes you're inhaling.

• Like 1

So Far I don't lke the LTO Flash Transfer Program it's not as easy to use as the Cuttle Cart 3 software that has a Linux version.

I transferred a bunch of ROMs to the cartridge but when saw some ROMs I did not want on the Main screen or eanted to change the LOng Name to something different I could not figure out how to update the Cartridge or send the changes to the cartridge, there is no apply changes option or send changes to LTO Flash Cartridge that I can see. I removed some ROMs from the window on the right side of the screen and added a manual to Astrosmash and changed some long file names thinking it would change everything on the fly so I selected disconnect LTO and put the LTO in my Intellivision and the ROMs I thought I removed were still ther, Astrosmash did not have the manual, I pressed 0 on the Key Pad on the Hand Controller and nothing came up plus the ROMs I changed the names of still had their old short names. I also tried to add a New Folder called Arcade from all the Arcade Games and that folder did not show up on the LTO Flash Menu when Inserted into my Intellivision.

I have to reboot to Windows 7 to use the Transfer Software and then back to Linus to check this forum for any answer to my posting or see if anyone else has the same problem.

Also I don't like the way you return to the LTO Flash Menu, CC3 does it right you just hold Clear and tap reset, much easier and quicker then having to hold Reset for 3 seconds.

I thought that would add all the ROMs from the left window so that is why I did not want to click that. I'm finally getting used to it but there are some features it needs to have like if you drag a ROM up past the top of the window it should automatically scroll so you can re arrange the ROM with out having to drag it to the top most line and then let go to manually move the slider down to see more ROMS near the top of the list or be able to cut and paste a ROM to a different location in the list.

Also they need to make a Linux version of the GUI Transfer and not just the Command lLine utilities for Windows, Macintosh, Linux and other operating systems

I can confirm this. I worked in a print shop in another life, and after you shrinkwrap your 800th book of the day, you start to wonder just what kind of fumes you're inhaling.

So maybe your old screen-name should have been free-wrap...? :lol:

Also they need to make a Linux version of the GUI Transfer and not just the Command lLine utilities for Windows, Macintosh, Linux and other operating systems

Unfortunately there are probably about 6 people on the planet who'd ever use it. I'd rather see the effort spent on a GUI launcher for jzintv first (plus a whole bunch of other improvements that more people will use).

Unfortunately there are probably about 6 people on the planet who'd ever use it. I'd rather see the effort spent on a GUI launcher for jzintv first (plus a whole bunch of other improvements that more people will use).

I agree. I'd much rather see improvements to the Mac and Windows version. Steve is still very busy with improvements to the Mac and Windows versions of the software.

I think that people who are interested in a Linux port would be welcome to do it themselves or find a programmer willing to do it. The source is available.

Admittedly I only read like 2 paragraphs from the instruction manual before I tore into loading this flash cart.

I found the process to be somewhat cumbersome especially compared to what I'm used to with SD multicarts where the SD card shows up as a drive in Windows and you can just drag n drop your binaries. In the LTO GUI, I created two folders on the right hand side and I was hoping to select all from the left hand pane and drag the binaries into the folder on the right pane. But when I did the binaries were all copied to the root of the flash cart. Apparently you cannot select multiple files in the right pane and I had to individually select each binary and drag it into the folders I created.

But that was the worst of it and I'm happy that I got this thing.

I've been working on multi-select in the menu area for Windows. Unfortunately, it's not built into the controls, and is proving a tougher nut to crack than I'd hoped.

You can select ROMs on the left hand side (as many as you wish) and drag/drop them into a folder on the right hand side, though.

I can see that nobody else is sharing my excitement over the USB cable. :ponder:

I was very excited about it! I just didn't know if Joe wanted everyone to know about! You know how people whine about the littlest thing (like having to hold a reset button for a couple of seconds!) And a very nice cable it is! Thanks Joe!

• Like 4

I got to beta test one of those cables. It's a great cable! Never dropped a bit!

I also found the crappiest cable in the house and used that one. Inevitably, the problems I encountered pretty much always involved the fool using my keyboard. Could never attribute a problem to cabling itself.

MAC USERS:

I have only just identified what appears to be a brand new problem in the libraries used by the LTO Flash! User Interface.

If the application does not launch -- or immediately crashes after launching, it appears that there is a bug in the latest MONO runtime.

You can downgrade to the version here:

http://download.mono-project.com/archive/4.4.2/

Download the installer and it should work.

The incompatible version appears to have just been released on Sept. 14, 2016.

UPDATE:

I have received confirmation that the current installation for MonoMac distributed at the official site contains a regression. (Fancy word for: Oh crap, that's a bad bug!) It is being investigated. You can use the version of MonoMac I linked to above.

If you have already installed and the app on Mac and it is working for you -- GREAT! You need not install any updates from Xamarin / MonoMac. (In fact, their library does not prompt you to install updates to their runtime.) When you see announcements for updates to the software from INTV Funhouse, feel free to update. Those updates ONLY update the app itself -- NOT the Mono runtime. Once it's installed and working, you will not need to update the MonoMac software again unless there is a specific, directly stated need to do so.

To reiterate: If you cannot launch the UI on Mac because you downloaded and installed on or after Sept. 14, 2016, then please use the link I posted to downgrade to a known stable version of the MonoMac software.

I've been working on multi-select in the menu area for Windows. Unfortunately, it's not built into the controls, and is proving a tougher nut to crack than I'd hoped.

You can select ROMs on the left hand side (as many as you wish) and drag/drop them into a folder on the right hand side, though.

Which controls are you using? In a past life I was a Windows C/C++ programmer. I know the C# (.NET) controls are slightly different from the C/C++ ones.

I was very excited about it! I just didn't know if Joe wanted everyone to know about! You know how people whine about the littlest thing (like having to hold a reset button for a couple of seconds!) And a very nice cable it is! Thanks Joe!

I actually prefer the "hold RESET" for the "back-to-menu" function compared to the "hold CLEAR" "back-to-menu" of the CC3 even though I've been a CC3 user for a long time and I keep holding CLEAR anyway. :P

But it seems a nice, simple and clean way of doing it to me. And, as stated, it leaves keys open for other functions.