IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! The LTO Flash cart is an awesome thing. Within 10 minutes of receiving it, I was playing the Stonix demo and homebrew games, and a few minutes after that I was trying out my IntyBASIC stuff on real hardware. I had a kind of dream of playing my own stuff on real hardware for a long time, and now I'm doing it. Wow, just wow!

Thanks to all involved who made this a reality! I'm not into packaging generally but this is a very slick production.

To anyone who doesn't have one, you are f-ing up. Spend the bucks and do it, you will. It be disappointed!

• Like 7

Wow! The LTO Flash cart is an awesome thing. Within 10 minutes of receiving it, I was playing the Stonix demo and homebrew games, and a few minutes after that I was trying out my IntyBASIC stuff on real hardware. I had a kind of dream of playing my own stuff on real hardware for a long time, and now I'm doing it. Wow, just wow!

Thanks to all involved who made this a reality! I'm not into packaging generally but this is a very slick production.

To anyone who doesn't have one, you are f-ing up. Spend the bucks and do it, you will. It be disappointed!

Within another 2 minutes you can play the whole Stonix game:

http://www.intellivision.us/roms/roms.php

• Like 1

I'm still only seeing the demo rom on that page.. I really wish I could play the full version.

Are you referring to Space Patrol? The Full Edition link is right at the top of the page and two other places on the page...

26-Dec-2016: Happy holidays, everyone! I've decided, at long last, to simply release the full ROM for Space Patrol to the world.

I had many plans to bring Space Patrol back into print in cartridge form. It seems I'm just never getting around to it. So what the heck: It's time for everyone to have some fun blowing up aliens and protecting the Solar System!

Here's a direct link if the quoted link doesn't work: http://spacepatrol.info/dl/Space%20Patrol%20-%20Full%20Cartridge%20Release%20-%202007.zip

Edited by intvnut
  • Like 2

Hmmm... Maybe I should trade my Space Patrol for the Lto Flash...

How much does an used Space Patrol go for? I especulate SP goes around U$ 200, not sure.

I'm short of money and my options to pay for the Lto from Brazil aren't good, not mention customs are taxing almost everything by 60% on average.

If it's fair, I'm up for trading Space Patrol + shipping for Lto Flash + shipping + eventually refunding me up to 60% of Lto if I get taxed...

Is it a good trade for both parts?

I a

How much does an used Space Patrol go for? I especulate SP goes around U$ 200, not sure.

I'm short of money and my options to pay for the Lto from Brazil aren't good, not mention customs are taxing almost everything by 60% on average.

If it's fair, I'm up for trading Space Patrol + shipping for Lto Flash + shipping + eventually refunding me up to 60% of Lto if I get taxed...

Who is responsible when the Brazilian mail turns up missing? No way I would send anything there. I have years ago and they NEVER once got it.

Asking someone else to pay your shipping and 60% of the LTO is a bad deal in my opinion. You would be lucky to do an even trade (if you SP is in fact worth $200).

Plus like I said, who is responsible when your package disappears on it's way to you?

So you want someone to give you money if your customs decides to tax you? And once it clears customs, your mail service may steal it. IF it clears customs the other person may pay 60% in taxes, and IF it gets to the destination then all is good. Awful lot of 'IFs'.

Having lost a PayPal/eBay dispute with someone in Brazil who GOT their Tutankhamn and Stadium Mud Buggies but 7 days late I will NEVER ship to Brazil. I lost the games and someone got them for free. Lesson learned.

• Like 1

BBWW,

Man I'm sorry to hear that:-( That's BS! I learned a similar lesson when years ago when I sent a Mint Thin Ice to someone but mistakenly didn't pay for tracking like you had to back then. I even upgraded the shipping to priority and next thing you know the money was pulled from my bank account. I never has a lost package before & this was to Florida - lesson learned. Not ultra rare games like yours but it was still a decent amount of money to me and I'm 99.99% sure person got game & he never even contacted me. All these horror stories on Brazil - crap I don't know if I ever shipped there but if I ever did I won't be getting paid via normal Paypal goods & services that's for sure.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Joe

(...)

Who is responsible when the Brazilian mail turns up missing? (...)

Plus like I said, who is responsible when your package disappears on it's way to you?

Just to share my experience. After years importing stuff, I can say I lost less than 3% of all parcels.

In every time I lost stuff, I could check the games (poor Colecovision games) arrived in Brazil. So I took the lost and I didn't ask for any refund.

Having lost a PayPal/eBay dispute with someone in Brazil who GOT their Tutankhamn and Stadium Mud Buggies but 7 days late I will NEVER ship to Brazil. I lost the games and someone got them for free. Lesson learned.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Once I had a problem with late arrival but I learned another lesson: be patient.

I've ordered the Atari 2600 flash cart (harmony cart). Three months after and nothing showed. I wrote to Batari (harmony cart maker) just to know if he really had shipped the cart. I didn't ask a replacement but he immediatly sent me one.

Another month and I got two cartridges almost in the same day. I told Batari and I said that I could sell the cart in local market and then refund him.

We agreed that I would wait until he had another Brazilian customer, so I could send the cartidge to the his next customer. I've done just that.

And, yes, things can take up to 6 long months to get here. Although they normally take 1 to 3 months.

I've also bought from LTO before, always great products, great service. Unfortunately, they don't accept credit card or paypal anymore... If they did, I could sell some gaming stuff (preferably not Space Patrol) and then get the Lto Flash.

Actually, if no one has interest in the trade, I'll get the money as said and ask a friend a favor.

FWIW, I can also accept international bank wire transfers. If you're willing to do that, let me know. I did set up a sub-account with Chase for just this purpose. I've conducted a few international sales via this mechanism.

Thank you. I'm going to check with my bank how it can be done. I never did this, so I have to learn it. I'm sendin a pm to ask for details.

FWIW, I can also accept international bank wire transfers. If you're willing to do that, let me know. I did set up a sub-account with Chase for just this purpose. I've conducted a few international sales via this mechanism.

Is Western Union ok with you? I think you have been fine with it previously.

Yes, Western Union is fine. Some people object to WU's fees, and get a better deal on bank wire transfers, so I offer both.

Well, I will just have to suck it up I guess as I am going to get a crappy exchange rate and expensive postage as well. :thumbsdown:

I need to compare the cost of both options.

• 1 month later...

Just a heads up: I will be attending the Midwest Gaming Classic this weekend in Milwaukee. (Ok, adjacent to Milwaukee in Brookfield.)

I am bringing several LTO Flash! units with me, in case anyone would like to buy one at the show. I'm not going as a vendor, just person off the street. :-)

Apologies for the late notice. I wasn't even sure I was going until a few days ago.

• Like 2

Someone has a LTO Flash! on eBay - so you chickens who are afraid of sending a money order can get one quick now! ;) (PayPal accepted there.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LTO-Flash-Cart-for-Intellivision-FREE-PRIORITY-SHIPPING-/112362483379

First who in Salt Lake City doesn't want to keep their LTO!?

Second they only ship within the U.S. so the internationals wanting this would appear to be out of luck on this ebay listing.