IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

FWIW, I downloaded the sources for all the different versions released at the site, built debug versions, and launched. My current ROM list under test has about 225 ROMs, and the cart has ... oh, i don't know. Maybe approxmately that number, but "weird" menu layout -- some test ROMs and some goofy stuff like 100 copies of the same ROM in a folder, etc.

Anyway, on the same system, I detected no qualitative difference... about 5 seconds 'validating' on device connect. The exact number is meaningless to anyone but my setup on my system -- the interesting part is that it does not seem to vary by any noticeable amount.

That doesn't mean that things did not change or somehow get worse in any obvious way. It does mean that it's perhaps more subtle -- why some systems may seem more affected than others.

Still, there are performance improvements to be made here, and I'm exploring them, and they will be made. Hopefully they'll help everyone when they roll out.

• Like 1

FWIW, I downloaded the sources for all the different versions released at the site, built debug versions, and launched. My current ROM list under test has about 225 ROMs, and the cart has ... oh, i don't know. Maybe approxmately that number, but "weird" menu layout -- some test ROMs and some goofy stuff like 100 copies of the same ROM in a folder, etc.

Anyway, on the same system, I detected no qualitative difference... about 5 seconds 'validating' on device connect. The exact number is meaningless to anyone but my setup on my system -- the interesting part is that it does not seem to vary by any noticeable amount.

That doesn't mean that things did not change or somehow get worse in any obvious way. It does mean that it's perhaps more subtle -- why some systems may seem more affected than others.

Still, there are performance improvements to be made here, and I'm exploring them, and they will be made. Hopefully they'll help everyone when they roll out.

When the "sped up" next version of the software rolls out will we just find it on the LTO site?

I'm awaiting some feedback on the progress made so far. I did find that for Windows users, when support for launching jzIntv was added, a potential slowdown crept in - but the core issue some of you have noticed has been there since the beginning.

And, as intvnut mentioned, when a new release happens, it'll be at the website. Those who haven't disabled the "check for udpates when launched" will be annoyed by a dialog telling you there's an update the next time you run the UI.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Trying something new this time for an update to the LTO Flash! User Interface software - an open "Beta channel". This update doesn't announce itself.

Thanks to those of you who have been patient and brave enough to test out some performance upgrades! Others can now benefit. In this update:

• User interface will be much more responsive when changing menu layout while cartridge is attached to the computer
  • LTO Flash! hardware identification makes a first pass attempt that does not require communicating with the device
  • Some internal tweaks specific to macOS Sierra
  • Includes latest build of jzIntv

If you've noticed slowdowns in the user interface when the cartridge attached to your computer while making changes to the menu layout, this update is for you! This may be noticeable when a large number of ROMs are in the menu.

You can go to the download page here to locate the 'Beta' download section. Downloads are available for Windows (Vista and newer) and macOS (Mac OS X 10.7 and newer). Sorry, no Windows xp build. If needed, a Windows xp build can be made available.

The download page now also includes links to download older versions of the software.

Does the notion of a separate "beta channel" and possibly "alpha channel" at that page interest anyone?

• Like 1

Is there an exit to main menu from the game IF so that be great IF not make it an update?

I use an Intellivision II. For me I hold the reset button longer than it would take to reset the game but not long enough to turn the system off. That takes me back to the menu.

Yep. If you hold the reset button approx 2 to 3 seconds, it will reset to the LTO Flash! menu, rather than the game.

• 2 weeks later...

I got 2 myself u can always contact Joe Directly he really does a great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have sent 3 emails and have not heard anything back. I got the money order 2 weeks ago, and it is ready to send, but I have not heard anything back.

I have sent 3 emails and have not heard anything back. I got the money order 2 weeks ago, and it is ready to send, but I have not heard anything back.

Hmm.... Let me go through my inbox.

This last week, I've been slow on email, so if it was just in the last few days, I haven't gotten to my inbox yet. I have plenty of units here ready to go, however.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From what I know you can send an International money order in US dollars to the address in the link below (Direct Order). Make sure you ask if it is an international money order that can be cashed in the US.,

http://ltoflash.leftturnonly.info

Edited by SoulBuster

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...