IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

Sorry to bump this thread but I am having trouble inserting my LTO Flash into the slot of the Intellivoice. It just doesn't fit. Is anyone else having this problem? Can't find any info on it.

Cheers!

a picture of the cart may be helpful to see if the two parts of the shell match/insert each other correctly

Sorry to bump this thread but I am having trouble inserting my LTO Flash into the slot of the Intellivoice. It just doesn't fit. Is anyone else having this problem? Can't find any info on it.

Cheers!

I had a similar problem with one.

I have 3 Intellivoice modules and one of them would not take the LTO-Flash. I sent pictures to Joe and Steve and it was clearly moulded slightly differently from the other 2.

I had a similar problem with one.

I have 3 Intellivoice modules and one of them would not take the LTO-Flash. I sent pictures to Joe and Steve and it was clearly moulded slightly differently from the other 2.

Do you still have a copy of those pictures? I can't seem to find my copy. I'd like to have another look.

I'm also curious whether the black cartridge shells have the same issue. Even though they're shot with the same mold, the black shells are slightly thinner than the clear shells and orange shells. The clear shells and orange shells are both Lexan, while the black shells are ABS.

Do you still have a copy of those pictures? I can't seem to find my copy. I'd like to have another look.

I'm also curious whether the black cartridge shells have the same issue. Even though they're shot with the same mold, the black shells are slightly thinner than the clear shells and orange shells. The clear shells and orange shells are both Lexan, while the black shells are ABS.

I will try to find those photos. If my memory serves me well the orange shell coupled with the slightly different version (moulding) of the Intellivoice was a tough fit.

I think this had been reported only a couple of times.

Edited by Utopia

Joe,

I found the original conversation from earlier this year and sent you a p.m.

The jist of it is that the board in one of my Intellivoices is seated into the shell in a lower position and that causes the problem. I did not however take pictures like I thought I did.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted along time ago that my Christmas Carol cart absolutely would not fit in my Intellivision II. CC uses an LTO-style shell. So I did the right thing and got another Intellivision II. :)

If I look at some of my family original carts (Armor Battle, Space Battle, etc), there are two parallel scratch/wear marks that run from the cart opening to the label....

a picture of the cart may be helpful to see if the two parts of the shell match/insert each other correctly

Is the 3.3V/5V issue discussed here much of a concern for the LTO Flash?

For all the signals sent to the Intellivision, I very specifically only use GPIOs that are rated by the manufacturer as 5V tolerant. The data-sheet helpfully calls out which pins fit this description. See the greyed pins:

post-14113-0-64339600-1546804592_thumb.png

The same is true for my JLP cartridge board design. The same also applies to Chad Schell's Intellicart and CC3. He stuck to 5V tolerant devices for everything that directly connected to the Intellivision.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

In the US...in Europe they are going for about 100 Euros on Ebay.

I bought my Intellivoice in the US for 9.99$. These are the shipping costs that have cost dear.

It works very well, I'm really not disappointed. :)

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/VINTAGE-ORIGINAL-1981-Mattel-Intellivision-Intellivoice-Voice-Synthesis-Module/254053849497?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Edited by ricky

• 6 months later...