IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

This is fantastic news. I was very lucky that I got mine shortly before the supply ran out but another run for all those that did miss out is great.

I'm interested in an SE as well though. Mainly because I have a collecting problem but also as I'm intrigued to see what improvements could be made to this already pretty much perfect hardware :)

• Like 3

On 12/29/2019 at 8:44 AM, Bamse said:

This is fantastic news. I was very lucky that I got mine shortly before the supply ran out but another run for all those that did miss out is great.

I'm interested in an SE as well though. Mainly because I have a collecting problem but also as I'm intrigued to see what improvements could be made to this already pretty much perfect hardware :)

How does the LTO flash cart compare to the Harmony cart? I was given one a few years back from a friend. Pretty easy to set up. Intellivision is my favorite console of all time. I still don't know why I never purchased one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, poconojo said:

How does the LTO flash cart compare to the Harmony cart? I was given one a few years back from a friend. Pretty easy to set up. Intellivision is my favorite console of all time. I still don't know why I never purchased one.

It's not drag and drop like Harmony, because LTO doesn't use a memory card.  You plug it into your PC via USB, and use the software to load the roms to it.  It's fairly easy so no complaints.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Greg2600 said:

It's not drag and drop like Harmony, because LTO doesn't use a memory card.  You plug it into your PC via USB, and use the software to load the roms to it.  It's fairly easy so no complaints.

The GUI itself, though, is drag-and-drop.  I double checked just now that I can easily drag and drop ROMs into the GUI and it'll add them to the ROM list and offer to populate them in the cartridge menu.

If you happen to have an Intellivision Lives! and/or Intellivision Rocks! CD, it's super straightforward thanks to intvsteve's amazing efforts.

While I might seem like I'm hyping my own product, I'm actually hyping intvsteve:  I still stand in awe at the GUI intvsteve created.  It's amazing.

You can also ask it to scan a folder (and the folders it contains) for Intellivision ROMs, and add them all to the ROMs it knows about.  If it identifies the ROMs (based on a CRC checksum), it'll populate some information about the ROM as well.

With recent versions of the assembler, homebrew authors can choose to include metadata about the game (title, author, etc), and the GUI should pick these details up.  I've been encouraging game authors to include this information.  Recent versions of jzIntv will also report this information.

Edited by intvnut
more details
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, rjchamp3 said:

You are trying to RIP people off the damn cart went for less than 150.00 just stop already

1) Wow... we all knew VG was kidding and two posts later he even said “I’m just joking”. Get your head out of your ass. 

2) it goes for what the market says it does. 

3) On a completely related note: Where’s the ignore list with this new board setup?

edit: found the list. :)

Edited by ClassicGMR
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1