IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

4 hours ago, poconojo said:

Will the LTO flash cart play every Intellivision game that was ever released on rom? Are there any games that don't work with it? I am not a computer tech guy.

Mostly yes but some will glitch out when used with the ECS attached even with ECS mode enabled.    Ms Pacman is a giant square when launched using the LTO and ECS. Ms Pacman works fine without the ECS plugged in

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rietveld said:

Mostly yes but some will glitch out when used with the ECS attached even with ECS mode enabled.    Ms Pacman is a giant square when launched using the LTO and ECS. Ms Pacman works fine without the ECS plugged in

Gotcha. I wish I still had my ECS. I may get another one down the road.

51 minutes ago, rietveld said:

That's due to an incompatibility between Ms. Pac-Man and the ECS that LTO Flash cannot work around.  If you put Ms. Pac-Man on a dedicated cartridge, you'd see the same thing.  Ms. Pac-Man writes to GRAM aliases at $7xxx, $Bxxx, and $Fxxx, but the ECS actively blocks that. 

LTO Flash is able to work around the more common sources of ECS incompatibility due to conflicts with the ECS ROMs.  At the time I designed LTO Flash, I was not aware of this particular flavor of incompatibility.

Edited by intvnut
Clarified what ECS incompatibilities LTO Flash works around.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, intvnut said:

That's due to an incompatibility between Ms. Pac-Man and the ECS that LTO Flash cannot work around.  If you put Ms. Pac-Man on a dedicated cartridge, you'd see the same thing.  Ms. Pac-Man writes to GRAM aliases at $7xxx, $Bxxx, and $Fxxx, but the ECS actively blocks that. 

LTO Flash is able to work around the more common sources of ECS incompatibility due to conflicts with the ECS ROMs.  At the time I designed LTO Flash, I was not aware of this particular flavor of incompatibility.

The ms Pacman problem was never a deal breaker for me.    My ecs is the brown version conected to my intv 1.   I always use the intv 2 and LTO anyway.  

I don't have any complaints about the LTO. It's been the best thing I bought for my intv

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went to add some new ROMS to my LTO flashcart today and found the LTOFlash software no longer recognizes my flashcart. Looked through here for help, but didn't see anything specifically talking about MacOS 10.13.3... I'm running the latest LTO software (build 4499), ensured I had Monomac and the FTDI drivers installed, but no luck.

Cables are brand new and not going through a hub. Any idea what to try next? 

1576022466_ScreenShot2020-04-09at5_02_34PM.png.d118d8b1c0e1f6832970c01e2dfb0e70.png

Hmm... On an old Mac laptop (10.8.5), I'd sometimes see this happen, and it would seem to "fix itself" after having everything disconnected for awhile. Silly question, but you don't have the cart plugged into your console with the power on, do you?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, intvsteve said:

Hmm... On an old Mac laptop (10.8.5), I'd sometimes see this happen, and it would seem to "fix itself" after having everything disconnected for awhile. Silly question, but you don't have the cart plugged into your console with the power on, do you?

Nope.  :)

-edit-

Got it figured out... guess some of my miniUSB cables are not fine. Weird... 2 out of 3 do not work with my Flashcart. As if they're not allowing power to get to the unit. Dug around until I found this other cable and voila! Everything works as it should now. Updated the firmware and installed the new games. Yay!   :lol:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, save2600 said:

Nope.  :)

-edit-

Got it figured out... guess some of my miniUSB cables are not fine. Weird... 2 out of 3 do not work with my Flashcart. As if they're not allowing power to get to the unit. Dug around until I found this other cable and voila! Everything works as it should now. Updated the firmware and installed the new games. Yay!   :lol:

Glad to hear you figured it out!

You know what's funny... One year at PRGE after LTO Flash! was released I was trying to show something off at the show and was convinced my (or someone's) cart was bad, or the USB ports were bad ... I had brought my cable that I swear I'd been using for a year or more to develop the darn software with!... and yet things refused to work - just as you described. Turns out it was a power-only USB cable (i.e. phone charger cable), not a USB data cable. Supposedly the data-capable ones have the little squiggly USB dots and snakes logo on them, but I have my doubts about how ... accurately ... many cable manufacturers are in adhering to standards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

i have had an LTO for about 1 1/2 years now. I was on the fence because I don't use my INTV a lot and was not sure the price was worth it; but now I am glad that I got it. These things are made by people in there spare time and a lot of time life gets in the way or people burn out.   I have picked up multicarts for most of my systems now because one day they are available and the next day they could all be gone forever. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...