IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

8 hours ago, Hastor said:

Was it ever said what would be special about the special edition?

I can't find anything in this thread, other than jokes and speculations. There also hasn't been said anything if this special edition would be more expensive than the original one, but for sure there are a lot of people queuing to buy a cartridge they know nothing about and don't know what it will cost.

The LTO Flash is well known - unless you are referring to a "Special Edition" version then I can kind of see your point. I'd personally love one if there is a Special Edition but I am lucky enough to own an LTO Flash already so I am staying off any pre-order list in favor of someone who doesn't own one getting it. :)

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, carlsson said:

I can't find anything in this thread, other than jokes and speculations. There also hasn't been said anything if this special edition would be more expensive than the original one, but for sure there are a lot of people queuing to buy a cartridge they know nothing about and don't know what it will cost.

It was mentioned forever ago, but no specifics or pricing. And of course things change over the course of 4 years...

• Confused 1

Left Turn Only  is doing a special edition of LTO Flash! and there will be limited numbers available. (Don't quote me, but I believe around 25 copies) You'll have to wait for all the details about what is included. 

There are about 300 regular versions of LTO Flash! coming later this year that are exactly the same as the approximately 600 copies of LTO Flash! already sold. They need firmware to be installed, quality checked and packaged up. LTO does not want to give a specific date on availability as they don't want to be held to a timetable in case of delays. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

Left Turn Only  is doing a special edition of LTO Flash! and there will be limited numbers available. (Don't quote me, but I believe around 25 copies) You'll have to wait for all the details about what is included. 

There are about 300 regular versions of LTO Flash! coming later this year that are exactly the same as the approximately 600 copies of LTO Flash! already sold. They need firmware to be installed, quality checked and packaged up. LTO does not want to give a specific date on availability as they don't want to be held to a timetable in case of delays. 

A special edition would be neat, of course, but for me, the main goal is to get a working flash cart again. As long as there's enough of those to go around, that's what really matters to me personally.

• Like 2

I just joined this site< just so i can sign up for the LTO.  Not really fussed about a special edition or not, hopefully there will be enough to go around though.

I have just purchased my first Intellivision and looking forward to getting it repaired and working soon (not working currently).

Its great to see these old systems still getting some love from this dedicated community.

Cheers :)

I still have one from the first run but do want a backup and the more demand the more reason to do a run etc. I also have 3 consoles. I of course wouldn't want to take one that would otherwise go to someone that has none at all though.

I would like the special edition depending on why it's special. I doubt it would have any exclusive hardware that would make the regular one lesser in comparison. I imagine maybe packed in ROMs or a special case, and numbered.

13 hours ago, Hastor said:

I still have one from the first run but do want a backup and the more demand the more reason to do a run etc. I also have 3 consoles. I of course wouldn't want to take one that would otherwise go to someone that has none at all though.

I would like the special edition depending on why it's special. I doubt it would have any exclusive hardware that would make the regular one lesser in comparison. I imagine maybe packed in ROMs or a special case, and numbered.

Well my goal of putting my name down was to get whatever the new one was, because a non-board friend of mine wanted it.  So I'd either transfer this one to him, or sell him my old one.

59 minutes ago, Greg2600 said:

Well my goal of putting my name down was to get whatever the new one was, because a non-board friend of mine wanted it.  So I'd either transfer this one to him, or sell him my old one.

Yeah if there isn't enough to go around you can skip me - though I would like a special edition and if people are left out I might sell my old one. If there is enough, I'd like a second regular one if I can't get a special edition. I've got two of most flashcarts, either duplicates or later revisions, just in case you can't find them in 30 years and I happen to still be alive!

I think I mentioned this to you a while back, Joe, but in case I didn’t... I would like to get one too. I’ve been a Cuttle Cart 3 user for years (I have a few of them), but I’m really starting to feel left out these days with all the new ROM releases that require the LTOF.

•Sent from my Intellivision keypad phone

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, poconojo said:

Is there ever going to be another LTO release? It is annoying that all these new roms coming out can only be played using the LTO flash cart. If you don't own one you are shit out of luck!

I get it that this is a small operation, but I agree with you on this.  My impression was the LTO was going to be a perpetual thing, not a limited release so when they said they weren't available it was a surprise.  I thought the idea was to satiate the thirst illustrated by the CC3 on ebay going for hundreds and that this would solve this issue going forward but I guess I misunderstood.  I'm not putting anyone down, I get it that it's a difficult, time consuming operation that is done in someone's spare time, I just thought it would be like the other retro items that are sort of always available for purchase.  Especially now that they're releasing LTO only ROMs it makes less sense to have restricted hardware availability.  But I'm just a common idiot so what do I know.

• Like 1