IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

14 hours ago, rietveld said:

anyone know if there will be any updates or changes to the LTO .   Not sure if i need a 2nd one unless its going to be better(if thats even possible since its already great)

As far as I know, there should be no changes to the LTO Flash! third run. 

I think that people should take care not to touch the edge connectors on their LTO Flash! to protect against electric static discharge. Also, ensure that you don't leave the USB cable plugged in when not transferring data as some people have been known to knock the cable and break the USB connector. If you are careful to do those things, the LTO Flash! should give you years and years of enjoyment.  

Steve should be able to keep you informed about updates to the GUI. 

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, JoeM_Intellivision said:

Last 3 on eBay went for $400 each believe all new or new never used.  Have 1 new never used if interested PM me.

Its hard to know what the ebay units sold for.  They had a buy it now link for $375 but they also had a make an offer button.  If someone makes an offer for $1, and the seller accepts, Ebay still marks it as sold but does not make the price visible.

I don't think any creators here would do this, but man it must be tempting to sell the remaining stock one at a time on ebay rather than $120 each or whatever lol. I've thought that with a lot of things. Do the people running the printing of Magic cards not print off a few sheets of rares for themselves to throw on ebay? lol Seems like that could be unregulated counterfeiting and worth a lot. I guess that could be said about anything including baseball cards once they started being valued.

If anything I'd rather the creator get rich than someone that bought it just in order to sell it for more later (not saying anyone here did that, its possible to think you're gonna use it then not have time, your intv dies, etc). Things are gonna sell for what they are gonna sell for though.

12 minutes ago, Hastor said:

I don't think any creators here would do this, but man it must be tempting to sell the remaining stock one at a time on ebay rather than $120 each or whatever lol. I've thought that with a lot of things. Do the people running the printing of Magic cards not print off a few sheets of rares for themselves to throw on ebay? lol Seems like that could be unregulated counterfeiting and worth a lot. I guess that could be said about anything including baseball cards once they started being valued.

If anything I'd rather the creator get rich than someone that bought it just in order to sell it for more later (not saying anyone here did that, its possible to think you're gonna use it then not have time, your intv dies, etc). Things are gonna sell for what they are gonna sell for though.

i am on the fence about selling mine.   i dont use it much at all but i know how hard it will be to replace it down the road.    last time i used it was to play WOW and Cosmic Avenger once.   Before that time i used it to play  Scooby Doo with my ECS, but i have the cart anyway

11 minutes ago, Hastor said:

If anything I'd rather the creator get rich than someone that bought it just in order to sell it for more later (not saying anyone here did that, its possible to think you're gonna use it then not have time, your intv dies, etc). 

I totally agree with this, if the creator wants to make money this way i completely support it.  They did something that no one else has been able to do, created a product, solved those engineering problems, and had the drive to make it a reality.

But the idea of people buying up existing stock before others get the chance, then jacking up the price and reselling it, well i find that unethical.  My brother in law does this all the time, buying launch consoles in quantity then taking advantage of parents that couldn't camp out or line up.  He makes so much money doing this he quit his job and scalps products for a living.

6 minutes ago, rietveld said:

i am on the fence about selling mine.   i dont use it much at all but i know how hard it will be to replace it down the road.    last time i used it was to play WOW and Cosmic Avenger once.   Before that time i used it to play  Scooby Doo with my ECS, but i have the cart anyway

I know i'm the one your most likely going to sell to ?  but your right, items like this get harder and harder to come by as the years go on.  The creators don't sell as many as the market gets saturated and the interest from many of the creators starts to dwindle over time.  They are mostly purchased by enthusiasts that are passionate about their consoles and are unlikely to sell. 

There has not been stock on the LTO for a little over a year.  That being said there should be another batch available at some point this year, but there do appear to be lots of people interested. 

Well, as soon as Joe finds the time and energy to finish off the huge batch of LTO Flash! units he has promised and has parts for, the second hand value on eBay will drop like a stone down to no more than what a brand new unit costs, perhaps less. So those who may have surplus units and trying to make winnings on those should put them for sale as soon as possible. You never know when Joe is getting to action.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, carlsson said:

Well, as soon as Joe finds the time and energy to finish off the huge batch of LTO Flash! units he has promised and has parts for, the second hand value on eBay will drop like a stone down to no more than what a brand new unit costs, perhaps less. So those who may have surplus units and trying to make winnings on those should put them for sale as soon as possible. You never know when Joe is getting to action.

if i do sell mine it will be for what i paid    I am not interested in  anything more than that

• Thanks 2

I did think about getting a second for 'investment' but decided that especially since they are limited, to let someone else who will use it get it. I know it may have gone to another scalper but gave someone else a chance at least. Now I actually want a 2nd one, both for backup as I've had other flash carts die (well one but that's enough) and because I have 3 Intellivisions total currently. There's been a few rush pre-orders I've gotten in on where I could have gotten more, and others had them on ebay the same day for 5x the price, but that just doesn't jive with how I do things. I guess there's nothing illegal about it, but it is a bit different than something that's decades old or mass produced for years. I've definitely been the one having to reward someone like that for doing it by overpaying for something that was out of production, but it was still a lot less than all the games I owned that wouldn't work without it.

17 hours ago, Scathe said:

I would love to get my hands on one of these. Hopefully he does another run of them soon.

As I have posted a few times already, a third run of approximately 300 units has been done. It is simply a matter of putting the firmware on the hardware, building copies and selling them. INTVnut is a busy guy and has promised to get to it this year. There are still four months left in the year. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

As I have posted a few times already, a third run of approximately 300 units has been done. It is simply a matter of putting the firmware on the hardware, building copies and selling them. INTVnut is a busy guy and has promised to get to it this year. There are still four months left in the year. 

That is good to hear and understandable that he is very busy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...