IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

+intvnut - did receive the e-mail linking to your website for ordering.   Very much appreciated. 

I did notice PayPal was not accepted.  Kinda bummed me.  Could write a check but the distance of travel and you actually receiving delivery is an unknown factor.  Envelopes sent by mail do get lost.  I don't use any of the other payment options.  

However learned Good Deal Games does take PayPal as payment.  I guess your aware of GDG helping to sell your flash cartridges. All I know, so glad things worked out. Since I've paid for this now by PayPal, you can remove my name off the list here on Atariage.  Again, much thanks for doing this run.

Edited by Intellivision**fan

Having a hard time paying for this.  Chase QuickPay wants a checking account, not just a credit card.  ClearXchange was bought by Zelle, and Zelle wants a partner bank (which I do not have) or just enter my debit card info into their app (no thanks!).

Has anyone been successful?  Am I missing something easy/obvious?

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, gar0u said:

Having a hard time paying for this.  Chase QuickPay wants a checking account, not just a credit card.  ClearXchange was bought by Zelle, and Zelle wants a partner bank (which I do not have) or just enter my debit card info into their app (no thanks!).

Thanks!

I ended up sending a money order. I don’t trust any of those e-payment options. Shame we couldn’t at least use PayPal gift payment. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gar0u said:

Thanks!

To your question - Yes.   Go to good deal games (GDG).  I paid by PayPal and they have a placed saved for me.  Said something about two weeks before shipping.   Good luck.

I suppose that Good Deal Games like to live on the edge, as PayPal has a strong policy against flashcarts, multicarts and other "piracy" related items. At least in theory. I know many people are selling that stuff through eBay + PayPal without getting caught but perhaps it is a matter of volume if you sell 1, 10 or 50 identical cartridges.

YMMV but I have entered my credit card info into various sites around the world, even those based in Thailand that clearly saves all info for later and having zero security measures. So far I have been good, no fraud. Actually with the various 3D Secure options it should be perfectly safe but then again I understand that security systems are optional for online credit card payments or perhaps depends on the country of origin - i.e. if your merchandise is run in an industrialized country you need to follow all security protocols but if you're based in a developing country, both VISA and MasterCard cut you some slack and let you process payments the good old fashioned way using the credit card number and possibly the CVV code on the back.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mr_me said:

See the web site about direct orders.

http://ltoflash.leftturnonly.info

FYI, folks that are on my list have been given a different URL that has more instructions.  I wanted to make sure everyone who expressed interest the last year+ got a crack at it before I opened general ordering.

I believe I've captured everyone who contacted me over email.  If you've contacted me only via AtariAge, I still need to make another pass through that.  I'll try to catch you tomorrow.  If it weren't for an 8:30AM meeting on my first day of work in 2021, I would do it tonight.

Between bulk shipments to redistributors and direct orders, the response has been amazing.  132 carts have gone out to resellers already, most of which are apparently accounted for.  I have at least 72 "payment in flight" direct orders, of which 26 are already fully paid for.  The rest are checks/money orders in the mail.  That puts me at over 200 units already.  There's a few more that are close to "payment in flight" beyond that.

There's a good chance I will need to pause sales if the demand keeps up, as we only have 240 manufactured at the moment.  I do have more boards, boxes, etc. so I can still satisfy all of the potential orders I'm aware of.  Still, I'm pretty sure I've sold more in the last few days than I sold in the entire last year that LTO Flash! was previously in print.  Forgive me if I underestimated the pent up demand a little.  :-D  I knew I would sell 100 immediately.  200 in 3 or 4 days stunned me.  I haven't seen that kind of rate ever in the life of LTO Flash!.

Given that situation, I would like to ask a huge favor:  If you're ordering from one of my resellers, please let me know, so I can mark you as "fulfilled."  I fully support my resellers.  They're awesome.  I just want to know I no longer need to hold a cart for you, as you've gotten a cart from them.  That frees up a cart for someone else.

As for my US reseller:  He asked me to wait until he'd received the (second) batch I'm sending him before announcing that he's a reseller.  I wasn't trying to be cagey or anything.  I was just honoring their request.  The first batch I'd sent him, which was more than he was expecting, practically disappeared in under 24 hours.  :-D  The second batch is larger, naturally.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, carlsson said:

At least in theory.

In my case, I have only one product with any real volume.  And, I have messages on file where PayPal explicitly told me what they thought of it.

I'm pretty sure I'd make sore thumbs embarrassed at how I stick out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, carlsson said:

I suppose that Good Deal Games like to live on the edge, as PayPal has a strong policy against flashcarts, multicarts and other "piracy" related items. At least in theory. I know many people are selling that stuff through eBay + PayPal without getting caught but perhaps it is a matter of volume if you sell 1, 10 or 50 identical cartridges.

YMMV but I have entered my credit card info into various sites around the world, even those based in Thailand that clearly saves all info for later and having zero security measures. So far I have been good, no fraud. Actually with the various 3D Secure options it should be perfectly safe but then again I understand that security systems are optional for online credit card payments or perhaps depends on the country of origin - i.e. if your merchandise is run in an industrialized country you need to follow all security protocols but if you're based in a developing country, both VISA and MasterCard cut you some slack and let you process payments the good old fashioned way using the credit card number and possibly the CVV code on the back.

Never had any issues with PayPal.  I don't like the fees as a seller.  Yet as a buyer,  my experience has been good.  I've been protected.  Now if PayPal doesn't understand or deny me purchasing the flash cartridge,  well too bad.  Believe me, they would hear my complaint.  

All I know, very glad I got to purchase a copy of the lto flash cartridge.  Plus very thankfull for +intvnut doing this run.  Betting he's going to sell out again to.  

30 minutes ago, Intellivision**fan said:

Never had any issues with PayPal.  I don't like the fees as a seller.  Yet as a buyer,  my experience has been good.  I've been protected.  Now if PayPal doesn't understand or deny me purchasing the flash cartridge,  well too bad.  Believe me, they would hear my complaint.  

All I know, very glad I got to purchase a copy of the lto flash cartridge.  Plus very thankfull for +intvnut doing this run.  Betting he's going to sell out again to.  

Fun facts:

• Items prohibited by PayPal's AUP are ineligible for PayPal's Purchase Protection Program.  So if you buy and the seller gets whacked before they ship, you don't necessarily get your refund.
  • Sellers are on the hook for a minimum of $2,500 per violation, potentially.  (It's up to them to go to court to argue it down.  Yay, lawyers!)

Don't get me wrong:  As a seller, I loved the convenience of PayPal.  Their policy around flash carts in their AUP, and the fact that I'm pretty much only selling flash carts, leads me to where I am now.

I've already had PayPal freeze my account and screw up my checking account when they didn't understand "preorders" for Space Patrol.

The fees never bothered me.  They aren't much different than what you'd pay to accept credit cards.  It's that other stuff that kinda turns me off, at least for this product.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, intvnut said:

Fun facts:

• Items prohibited by PayPal's AUP are ineligible for PayPal's Purchase Protection Program.  So if you buy and the seller gets whacked before they ship, you don't necessarily get your refund.
  • Sellers are on the hook for a minimum of $2,500 per violation, potentially.  (It's up to them to go to court to argue it down.  Yay, lawyers!)

Don't get me wrong:  As a seller, I loved the convenience of PayPal.  Their policy around flash carts in their AUP, and the fact that I'm pretty much only selling flash carts, leads me to where I am now.

I've already had PayPal freeze my account and screw up my checking account when they didn't understand "preorders" for Space Patrol.

The fees never bothered me.  They aren't much different than what you'd pay to accept credit cards.  It's that other stuff that kinda turns me off, at least for this product.

Ah, I understand now better.  PayPal does have some stingy rules but then who doesn't.   ?

5 hours ago, intvnut said:

FYI, folks that are on my list have been given a different URL that has more instructions.  I wanted to make sure everyone who expressed interest the last year+ got a crack at it before I opened general ordering.

I believe I've captured everyone who contacted me over email.  If you've contacted me only via AtariAge, I still need to make another pass through that.  I'll try to catch you tomorrow.  If it weren't for an 8:30AM meeting on my first day of work in 2021, I would do it tonight.

Between bulk shipments to redistributors and direct orders, the response has been amazing.  132 carts have gone out to resellers already, most of which are apparently accounted for.  I have at least 72 "payment in flight" direct orders, of which 26 are already fully paid for.  The rest are checks/money orders in the mail.  That puts me at over 200 units already.  There's a few more that are close to "payment in flight" beyond that.

There's a good chance I will need to pause sales if the demand keeps up, as we only have 240 manufactured at the moment.  I do have more boards, boxes, etc. so I can still satisfy all of the potential orders I'm aware of.  Still, I'm pretty sure I've sold more in the last few days than I sold in the entire last year that LTO Flash! was previously in print.  Forgive me if I underestimated the pent up demand a little.  :-D  I knew I would sell 100 immediately.  200 in 3 or 4 days stunned me.  I haven't seen that kind of rate ever in the life of LTO Flash!.

Given that situation, I would like to ask a huge favor:  If you're ordering from one of my resellers, please let me know, so I can mark you as "fulfilled."  I fully support my resellers.  They're awesome.  I just want to know I no longer need to hold a cart for you, as you've gotten a cart from them.  That frees up a cart for someone else.

As for my US reseller:  He asked me to wait until he'd received the (second) batch I'm sending him before announcing that he's a reseller.  I wasn't trying to be cagey or anything.  I was just honoring their request.  The first batch I'd sent him, which was more than he was expecting, practically disappeared in under 24 hours.  :-D  The second batch is larger, naturally.

Probably should have increased the price . . . but I'm not complaining ;)

I was about to get one directly, but not sure what the time limit is. I got called to order a Jaguar GD cart and that comes first since I do already have one LTO flash, just have 3 consoles and would like another. I also don't see a way to pay even indirectly by credit card, looks like my bank only does Zelle from cash or it would be no problem. Anyway, if stuff is paused before I'm able to place mine, I'll look for a future batch and be glad I at least have one! My job also just changed how often we get paid so I've got a longer than usual wait for the next payday, which is the first under the new system, then things should even out.

If they are still there and my money's ok in a couple days, I'll go through with my order. Otherwise, hopefully someone without one gets it!

• Thanks 1

It’s honestly not hard to put a check in the mail, assuming you have a checking account. I mean - this isn’t some “fly by night” organization, and I’m not concerned that I won’t get my cart...

If we weren’t dealing with a plague, then a money order would be a relatively easy backup option that anybody could easily take advantage of. As somebody avoiding any unnecessary travel outside the barbed wire that keeps the zombies out, I get that folks would want to avoid that option, but between the two, it’s not a big deal to get a payment off in my opinion. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, intvnut said:

+1 to canada  :)

• Like 1

Just a quick status update:

So far, I've shipped 168 LTO Flash! units, either to individuals or resellers.  I have another 45-50 orders in flight (including check/money order sent my way), and a handful of paid but not-yet-shipped units.  

I'm approaching our first "throttle point:"  We had ~200 shrink-wrapped units ready to go.  Shrink wrapping continues.

The second "throttle point" is right behind it:  We had 240 units fully assembled, other than the shrink wrap for ~40, and with the checks that should be landing over the next couple days, we're a stone's throw away from 240.

I have more boards, shells, screws and boxes.  When we hit that second throttle point, expect a 2-3wk delay before shipments resume.

I run out of plastic around 80 units past the second throttle point.

While I hadn't planned it this way, it seems LTO also means "Limited Time Only."  :D

When this batch sells out (which seems like will happen by Valentine's Day), I guess we'll have to see what add'l demand there is, to see whether there's another batch.  Don't worry, I am holding back the material I need for the Special Edition.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2