IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

4 hours ago, Steve Jones said:

If everyone buys one who said they would so far, 36 out of 40 are gone, so only 4 more would be available in Canada for now.

We will have another 69 available in a couple weeks in the US. 18 more are headed to Thailand for final assembly, with half of those already earmarked for customers in Australia.  That makes a total of 87 units in this last batch.

I will be able to send more to Canada at that time.  If you think you might go beyond 36 orders in Canada, I can earmark some of the remaining 69.  Just let me know.

I may have my mom ship them to someone else first, and have them ship into Canada from a different state. It's possible that after bouncing off Chicago, these headed towards the CF that is Detroit.

Or, it could be Canada Post itself, I which case it won't matter. I found this on the USPS service disruption page:

Canada
12-21-20

Canada Post advises that it continues to experience significant disruptions to its activities because of exceptional precautionary measures implemented to protect the health and safety of its employees and Canadians, as well as persistent challenges relating to availability of transport links. Canada is experiencing a second wave of COVID-19 and all provinces remain in a state of emergency. A previously declared force majeure situation for all international letter-post, parcel-post and express mail service items will remain in effect until further notice.

Canada Post continues to follow the guidance and safety recommendations issued by the Public Health Agency of Canada, including physical distancing and self-quarantine for affected individuals. These measures have resulted in delays in mail processing, unprecedented levels of absenteeism among operational staff, and temporary facility closures due to COVID-19 outbreaks. It has not been possible to ensure on-time delivery since March 18 and this guarantee remains suspended until further notice. 

Refer to the Canada Post website for more information.

What's amazing is that I have not opened general orders, really, and I am already down to my last dozens.  I guess the word's out, though, and I may as well update the main website.

The limiting factor for this run was shells.  I still have some boards.  Even if I had more shells, I am running out of other artifacts, such as boxes.  Manuals are also getting low, but I can have those reprinted easily.

10 hours ago, Steve Jones said:

I think they have been in Canada for a while but are caught in our backlog here, I have experienced the same delay with other shipments from the US regardless of where they originate, just seems to be how things are these days.

I wish there was at least a little transparency. At least tell us what country they're in!  Sheesh.  I guess they could be within the territorial boundaries of Canada.  But, until Canadian Customs processes them, they haven't technically entered Canada; rather, prior to passing through Customs, they're still "outside Canada" in most legal senses.  So, there's that bureaucratic detail.  ?   (I'm not making this up!)

If what you say is true, then it won't matter how I ship more units to you, unless I ask a family member to drive to Canada.  And with CoVID-19, that family member would probably be told to f'k off and go home in the most polite manner possible, quite possibly in English and French simultaneously, because Canada.  And I don't blame Canada one iota for that stance. 

It also won't matter if or how I ship units to anyone else in Canada, either, then.  We're just stuck waiting.

Sorry, Canadian friends!  Hopefully soon!

In the meantime, I think I'll talk the spousal unit into making poutine in the near future. You know, as an offering to the shipping $DIETIES.  Sure, that's the ticket.  Totally.  We've discovered Five Guys fries work really well for that, and there's a Five Guys across the street.  We'll make this... sacrifice... of delicious poutine... in our gullets... to assuage the shipping $DIETIES that have tied up LTO Flash in international shipping limbo...

(Seriously, I now have a poutine craving.  If you don't like poutine, then I'll take yours.  Thanks.)

• Haha 3

Since I had a couple different customers email me on this topic, as recently as today, I figure I should say this as clearly as I can: 

When I say I am running low on units, I mean un-reserved units. 

If you've emailed me saying you're sending a check, and I've responded acknowledging that fact, your units are reserved.  Even if I "sell out" before your check or money order arrives, your units are waiting for you.  I will only accept orders I can fulfill.

If, for some reason, I don't receive payment for a reserved cart, then I'll eventually have to release that reservation. So far, I've never had to do that (at least that I can remember).  If it ever comes to that, I'll be sure to contact the customer first to try to sort things out.  It's possible mail went missing and my customer forgot about their order.  It may not be likely, but it is possible.  And so if it ever comes to that, I'll sort out outstanding reservations to the best of my ability before releasing them.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, DoctorMikeReddy said:

So far...

Well, that's where living, as we know it, was already taking over.

(Jump to 8:06 if the link doesn't take you there.)

And remember Fudd's First Law of Opposition: if you push something hard enough, it will fall over.

• Like 1

Perhaps in the near future, one should include a small GPS tracker inside each package in order to self keep track of it. I suppose it would violate various legislation and probably cause penalties if discovered but it probably is the only way to be somewhat sure where your package went.

Just wanted to report I mailed a check to Joe, he promptly sent out my LTO flash which I received.  It was packed well, arrived quickly in perfect condition and I am beyond thrilled.  Just wanted to give @intvnut props for an excellent transaction and express my appreciation for his efforts.  I know these are a pain in the @$$ to make, but know this community is beyond grateful for providing us this amazing device.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, ITAdvantage said:

Just wanted to report I mailed a check to Joe, he promptly sent out my LTO flash which I received.  It was packed well, arrived quickly in perfect condition and I am beyond thrilled.  Just wanted to give @intvnut props for an excellent transaction and express my appreciation for his efforts.  I know these are a pain in the @$$ to make, but know this community is beyond grateful for providing us this amazing device.

28 minutes ago, poconojo said:

LTO Flash carts have arrived! Haven't been this happy since my first Intellivision console in 1980.

I want to extend everyone's props to my mom, as well, as she's taken on a big portion of the assembly and shipping for this batch.  I'm not sure when these would have shipped without her help.

I programmed and tested the boards, and assembled all the carts. She assembled, stuffed and shrink-wrapped the boxes and is shipping all the units to everyone.

I handle the money side of the transactions, and send PDFs of shipping labels to Michigan for her to ship. It's a team effort, and I want to make sure she gets credit too.

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm definitely going to forward these her way as well.

And lest I forget, my excellent resellers are also an important part of the extended team.

I want to thank @scalpel, @Steve Jones, and @gooddealgames for reselling LTO Flash!  That's helped us scale out the shipments a lot.

I realize Canada's been slow, but it would have been 40× worse with 40 individual shipments.  The postal situation is outside our control.  I shipped the first 26 before Christmas!  At least they're finally in Montreal.

@Games For Your Intellivision will be coming online soon with a handful of units as well.  About half of what I am sending him is already earmarked for individuals, though. I've gotten requests from all corners of the globe!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Steve Jones said:

Just got notification first batch is now in Montreal

if you are getting 2 batchs i will wait for the second set.   I wanted to do curbside pickup but may have to wait for the lockdown to pass .   i am not sure i want to trust this to Canada Post

36 minutes ago, Inky said:

Received mine, and of course, windows isn't detecting it.  Grrrr

EDIT:  Windows DID detect it, tried to install drivers, and the LTO software never detected it

7 minutes ago, Inky said:

And it works on my laptop.  Huh

I don't use Windows much, so I am not well versed in the vagaries of driver install there.  Try restarting the LTO Flash! application. If that doesn't do the trick, try rebooting. And if that doesn't work, we'll have to pull in @intvsteve.

ISTR, if you have the LTO Flash application open while the driver installs, it still won't see it.  You have to restart the app at a minimum.

I don't think we ever figured out a pattern of which machines require a manual driver install and which work OTB. 

• Like 1