IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

1 hour ago, carlsson said:

Yeah, all those duds put aside in a pile will make up the Special Edition in extra nice packaging with extra overlays, in hope those are collector units that never will get opened up and used... ?

I dunno... the STD Flash! might be fun the first time you use it at least... sure it goes downhill from there but at least you get one shot. :)

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, poconojo said:

I cannot figure out how to get the LTO flash to work. My Mac will not recognize the flash cart. Is there a step by step video on how to do the installation?

My pc would not recognize my cart until I downloaded a driver from https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

There is an option for Mac on that page. I got that step working but roms are not showing up on the cart when I put it in the console.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, poconojo said:

I cannot figure out how to get the LTO flash to work. My Mac will not recognize the flash cart. Is there a step by step video on how to do the installation?

Please double-check that you're using a data cable and not a charging cable. That's the most common cause. 

Macs running 10.9 or later should already have a native FTDI driver that comes with the OS.  If you're running 10.7 or 10.8, you will need to install the FTDI VCP drivers from FTDI's web site.  The GUI doesn't support MacOS before 10.7.

I have not yet tried the new M1 based Macs, but I expect they should work.  LTO Flash! looks like a serial port to the operating system.

48 minutes ago, intvnut said:

Please double-check that you're using a data cable and not a charging cable. That's the most common cause. 

Macs running 10.9 or later should already have a native FTDI driver that comes with the OS.  If you're running 10.7 or 10.8, you will need to install the FTDI VCP drivers from FTDI's web site.  The GUI doesn't support MacOS before 10.7.

I have not yet tried the new M1 based Macs, but I expect they should work.  LTO Flash! looks like a serial port to the operating system.

I have a data cable. Bought today. I think the problem is when I try to open the LTO application it says the LTO Flash quit unexpectedly. I am not the greatest with computers. Something I am doing wrong. My computer says OS X  version 10.10.5

13 hours ago, poconojo said:

I have a data cable. Bought today. I think the problem is when I try to open the LTO application it says the LTO Flash quit unexpectedly. I am not the greatest with computers. Something I am doing wrong. My computer says OS X  version 10.10.5

Sometimes you're not doing anything wrong, sometimes the problem is the software.  If you start the computer, and without plugging in the ltoflash, are you able to start the ltoflashui application?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Sometimes you're not doing anything wrong, sometimes the problem is the software.  If you start the computer, and without plugging in the ltoflash, are you able to start the ltoflashui application?

It was definitely me. I got the Flash cart working now on my Intellivision. 

On 1/16/2021 at 8:53 AM, JasonlikesINTV said:

The obvious name would be LTD Flash.

But wait!  Check out our newly announced additional special edition specials:

STD Flash:  Riddled with viruses

HTC Flash:  Android OS and 5G ready

TKO Flash:  Preloaded with Mike Tyson's Punch Out

RMA Flash:  Non-functional unit return

BTO Flash:  Powers on, but you ain't seen nothing yet

BTK Flash:  Preloaded with killer games!  Improved serial ports!

44 minutes ago, intvnut said:

Particularly because it's empty.

13 minutes ago, Steve Jones said:

It doesn’t matter, cmart will

never take it out of the shrink-wrap

It's actually chock full of awesome ROMs encoded in Schrödinger's format. When you remove the shrink-wrap, though, they self-delete. :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, intvsteve said:

That's why it took so long for the latest batch, actually. I had promised @intvnut not to talk about it, but the real reason for the delay was that getting the quantum-entanglement-enabled shrink wrapper working was a real hit-or-miss operation.

It took a bit of mathifying.

math_anigif.gif.d9b7abfd801f7a5928b754e4e384c7a3.gif

• Haha 1

Anyone know if there are known issues with the Sears variant? Nothing wrong with the LTO, I can navigate the menu just fine and original games like worm whomper work fine but I was trying to play Sydney Hunter, Zaxxon and Copter Command and they all think I'm constantly pushing up.  Different controllers do the same thing and variations of troubleshooting do nothing. Just making sure I'm not missing something obvious.