IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2021 at 5:30 PM, intvsteve said:

You busted me! There's a partial manual here.

You can get to it from here (the gold box), too:

image.png.fa6df25366a43d87aa5544cafcd7a921.png

I say "busted" because it's incomplete, and it's quite likely that the sorting feature you were looking for was added after I made those pages lol. I think I have a couple hundred screen shots for Windows and Mac that I never got to writing content around, and who knows how many of them are out of date by now lol.

In fact, I just determined that the sort feature is indeed not documented by following link in the above reference page to this sub-page. Based on the released notes at the download page (which is horribly overpopulated), the sort was added in a version released 2016-09-06 meaning that the manual is even older than the earliest releases! Who knows how many little things are "off"...

Back to Multi-Select Tree

From what I remember, I was working on key navigation in the multi-select tree. I think the mouse operations work - but it's not Windows Explorer 'lasso' type, it's using the Shift and Control keys. I might just cut bait and leave some of the edge cases in the pure keyboard navigation remain unsolved. I dug around in Microsoft's reference source code to look at how they do key navigation in the tree control for things like page up and page down and it's insanely complex. They've done multi-select tree controls in their own products, and the behavior in Visual Studio is what I was aiming for.

On 12/7/2021 at 8:56 AM, lucifershalo said:

Hi, after months, I decided to load roms again on my LTO flash cart,

I thought it was possible to see the content of my cart on the PC interface program

and to change edit roms, make folders

but I dont seem to be able am I wrong?

thanks

On 12/7/2021 at 2:42 PM, 1980gamer said:

I have the same issue.

Asked @Rev to do a demo video.  But if anyone can make a tutorial, that would be wonderful.

Putting Steve's reply to me back to the end of the thread.  FYI - There is a good discussion about how to use the UI on pages 96 and 97.

I posted this somewhere in this 102 page thread (!)  Hope it helps for those having issues with folders:

I hope I can maybe provide some help here as I was tinkering around with my LTO Flash last night after I pretty much just dumped all of my games onto it with no folders and it was a mess.  If I misunderstood your post, I apologize in advance.  I have Windows 10 OS by the way.  I created a folder called "LTO Flash" on my hard drive.  In the folder, I created subfolders for each letter alphabetically from A-Z and copied all of my games alphabetically in each folder.  I then opened the LTO flash interface, deleted all of my previous files, and once I was done I clicked on "add folder" on the top left.  I then browsed and clicked on the "LTO Flash" folder on my hard drive and hit open.  This took all of my already created folders and put it on the menu.  I then just clicked "send to LTO Flash" and was all set.  When I put the cart in my INTV, I had all of the alphabetical folders and could go into each one with "enter" and go back to the main menu with "clear".  I'm sure this method also works if you wanted to label different types of folders like Mattel games, homebrews, demos, Coleco, Activision, etc instead of alphabetically.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I fear at this point there'll be no more LTO Flashes available... Is my best hope at this point to wait for an overinflated eBay auction? Or is there any news to be had? Maybe alternate solutions? I'm looking to mod and flash cart all my consoles over time, and Intellivision is at the top of the list!

Edited by IntellivisionGuy97

15 minutes ago, IntellivisionGuy97 said:

I fear at this point there'll be no more LTO Flashes available... Is my best hope at this point to wait for an overinflated eBay auction? Or is there any news to be had? Maybe alternate solutions? I'm looking to mod and flash cart all my consoles over time, and Intellivision is at the top of the list!

It may be more likely that someone else comes up with something first, I'm sure someone will eventually, but who knows when. Would suck to pay a ton just for another to come out a year later though.

May want to start with your other consoles for now and see how this goes. All flashcart availability is a little spotty, so grab what you can while it is there, before it hits this state as well. I don't think Everdrive is going anywhere, but you never know what's gonna happen. I've got dozens of flash carts and ODEs for my console collection, including this, seems someone will always step in to fill a gap, just sometimes it is 10 years later unfortunately. Right now if someone came out with an ODE for the CD-i I think I'd have everything at least up through 2001 covered lol. I think my Nuons can survive on backups given the limited number of titles, though with a new controller in the works, homebrew could get big... I'd still take an ODE there!
Just don't get so hung up on this one you miss the others!

1 minute ago, Hastor said:

It may be more likely that someone else comes up with something first, I'm sure someone will eventually, but who knows when. Would suck to pay a ton just for another to come out a year later though.

May want to start with your other consoles for now and see how this goes. All flashcart availability is a little spotty, so grab what you can while it is there, before it hits this state as well. I don't think Everdrive is going anywhere, but you never know what's gonna happen. I've got dozens of flash carts and ODEs for my console collection, including this, seems someone will always step in to fill a gap, just sometimes it is 10 years later unfortunately. Right now if someone came out with an ODE for the CD-i I think I'd have everything at least up through 2001 covered lol. I think my Nuons can survive on backups given the limited number of titles, though with a new controller in the works, homebrew could get big... I'd still take an ODE there!
Just don't get so hung up on this one you miss the others!

You make good points there, the community is too large and lively for there not to be another solution available at some point! I'm looking to get all the available Everdrives over Black Friday where they usually have sales, for other consoles I've gotten a couple ODEs, I'll keep scouting out more! But always on the lookout for that INTV goodness.

On 7/2/2022 at 10:14 AM, IntellivisionGuy97 said:

You make good points there, the community is too large and lively for there not to be another solution available at some point! I'm looking to get all the available Everdrives over Black Friday where they usually have sales, for other consoles I've gotten a couple ODEs, I'll keep scouting out more! But always on the lookout for that INTV goodness.

check out the backbit, it can be used on an intellivision with the proper adapter.  Won't play the encrypted games.

https://store.backbit.io/
https://store.backbit.io/product/backbit-pro/
available adapters:

image.png.545d6ea37885f69420bca7a5ff59b72d.png

• Like 2

On 7/9/2022 at 12:57 AM, ShakySkeleton said:

Do you happen to handle any of the sales or distribution of the LTO Flash?

Future sales of LTO Flash! Will be handled by IntellivisionCollector.com when they will become available. Intellivision Collector and Joe Z (Left Turn Only) has entered into a partnership. 

No ETA at the moment. Hang on tight and save your pennies kids! 

Nothing will go into public domain. And yes Joe (the author) is alive and well. 

if you haven’t registered and subscribed to the newsletter on IntellivisionCollector.com, I highly recommend that you do. First announcements will be made from my newsletter prior to being announced here on AtariAge. 

cheers!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

On 7/10/2022 at 10:30 PM, Kamikazi26 said:

Future sales of LTO Flash! Will be handled by IntellivisionCollector.com when they will become available. Intellivision Collector and Joe Z (Left Turn Only) has entered into a partnership. 

No ETA at the moment. Hang on tight and save your pennies kids! 

Nothing will go into public domain. And yes Joe (the author) is alive and well. 

if you haven’t registered and subscribed to the newsletter on IntellivisionCollector.com, I highly recommend that you do. First announcements will be made from my newsletter prior to being announced here on AtariAge. 

cheers!

Now this is promising, thank you so much for the news! I just nabbed an Intellivision console new in the box to replace my worn one, once I have the LTO Flash and perhaps an RGB mod I'll be set! Signed up for the newsletter, I'll be watching!

• Like 1

On 7/9/2022 at 2:57 PM, ShakySkeleton said:

Do you happen to handle any of the sales or distribution of the LTO Flash?

In the past, I distributed to Australia, but I don't know the status of the existing boards. Do they have the firmware on them? Have the orange shells been notched? Have the few remaining boxes from the 1000 print run been built? I don't know. When I get the boxes, I'll ask where to mail them. That's as much as I know. I do know that a fairly large number of boards have existed for the last year and a half. 

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, SparkTR said:

I think I've been waiting since late 2020 for an Intellvision flashcart. At this stage I ended up buying a backbit for both this console and the Magnavox Odessey 2, both consoles have a lack of easily available flashcart solutions it seems.

The problem is that, unlike many other platforms, Intellivision cartridges require much more logic in the PCB in order to manage communications with the hardware bus.  This requires some highly specialized designs, and there are only so many producers who have the know-how, motivation, and funding to bring them to market.

Plus parts have gotten more expensive over the years, and harder to come by as of late.

It is the same reason why there has been a shortage of PCBs for Intellivision games lately.

Producing an Intellivision flash-cart is not a simple or cheap endeavor, which results in limited production runs, which tend to leave demand unfulfilled.

On top of it all, because it is such a limited market with so few players, you end up with quite a few different designs and functional capabilities matching the individual producer's hardware approach and design philosophy.

Thus, an LTO Flash! is a completely different beast from a Cuttle Cart 3, and both are different from the BackBit.

In an ideal world, and a more mature market, all these kinks would shake themselves out eventually, and coincide in something that could bear the demands and needs of consumers; but the Intellivision home-brew world is far from ideal, and rather small -- a niche within a niche.

dZ.

• Thanks 1