IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

We've all been spoiled using online methods of payment, as it allows buying things at the click of a button...

Yeah, it's the 21st Century.

Intvnut, the mom-and-pop local cheese-maker and candle-maker merchants in my town that sell hand-crafted goods one at a time in the farmer's and community markets use Square for credit card processing. Is that a viable option to consider? (I don't know, I've never taken card purchases, but it seems to be very popular.)

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 1

I'll wait for level up to have them. Is there a limit to their stock, or you're simply fulfilling them directly anyhow?

I'd also give thumbs up to square.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I can't speak for LTO but it sounds to me like they will have physical stock and that it isn't simply drop shipped from CA.

It's a shame about the Paypal thing, but I understand. It's better to do it this way, than to do it for like 5 days and have PayPal invalidate your orders and possibly take money out of our pockets. And all credit card payment options take off a fee between 3-5%. I set my uncle up with Square...I think it's an in-person payment option only.

I would say take a look at Bitcoin...but it's tough to convert between bitcoin and "real" currency, not to mention how volatile the value gets. If you knew somebody really savvy with it though.

I'll likely wait for the online ordering...but it sounds like everyone's doing that so I wonder how much stock they'll have to fulfill orders...

Still very excited though! This won't stop someone who really wants one from buying one. Now I can play all those super rare games & ECS games :D my brother is a baseball nut, so I'm thinking the ECS world series baseball will be one of the ones I play first!

OK folks!

I've put the ordering information at the official website: http://ltoflash.leftturnonly.info/

The TL;DR version:

• For direct purchases: Send check or money order to me. (My address is at the website.)
  • Soon (hopefully within a week), Level Up Video Games in Santa Cruz will have these available for online ordering. If you are in the area, you can stop in and purchase one now!
  • Soon (also hopefully within a week), RetroGameShop in Germany will also have these available for online ordering within Europe. We're just waiting for them to get to Europe.
  • If you are interested in bulk orders to resell (20+), please contact me.
  • Because of my retail engagements, I can not honor serial number requests.

That said: I have held back serial numbers 1 through 25. I am working on a special edition that should be available by PRGE, perhaps sooner.

Shipments on direct purchases will go out in batches. I have a day job, so I'll be packing stuff for shipping on the weekends.

I do have some downloadable goodies planned as well. I just haven't had a chance to get them completely polished and on the website. I don't see a point delaying the release for those, though. :) They'll be just as fun later.

One last detail: The manual PDF is on the website. It's "web optimized" (for faster download), and so is not the same quality as the printed manual. The printed manual is very sharp, while the web-optimized version has some noticeable JPEG compression artifacts on some of the screenshots. I may have to tweak that a bit to balance download size vs. quality.

If we sent you a PM with a picture of the filled out check (ready to send out to you), and an address, could we get our order shipped out in the first batch?

If we sent you a PM with a picture of the filled out check (ready to send out to you), and an address, could we get our order shipped out in the first batch?

Admiral Ackbar: Its a trap!

Lol.

Seriously. Back I'm early days of ebay I've done this kind of thing for people. It was very normal....at least for me.

I believe I can just go online to my bank and use billpay to mail a check. Not much easier than that. :)

Edit: Just sent the check direct from my bank. :grin:

That's actually a good idea, I think I might do that!

edit: On it's way! Had to fit all my info in the Memo field...hopefully it shows up OK

Edited by zander21510

Bank Check, Guaranteed Funds for 2 LTO Flash's in the mail guaranteed by 3:00pm Thursday 9/2/2016.

I have no idea why I felt I needed to announce this? Someone said something about writing checks and PM'ing pictures? Go get a bank check... it's guaranteed funds. Makes things happen faster.

Thank you for not being an SGM debacle.

Edited by emubastard