IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

1 hour ago, 1980gamer said:

No go on Firefox or Edge.

Do I have a copy of Netscape Navigator around here?  ;) 

Well, admittedly, my browser is called InterWeb, a variant of Mozilla, custom built for older Mac OS X versions.  Essentially, I use it to access the "modern Web" from Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.6), which has been locked out by almost the entire WWW when they switched to TLS 1.2 a few years ago.

I guess it works better than I expected:  the LTO Flash! pictures look great. :)

-dZ.

UPDATE:  Confirmed that PaleMoon (from an old fork of Firefox build for old machines) does not show the images.

Edited by DZ-Jay

7 hours ago, intvnut said:

This list is sorted ASCII-betically, and does not account for "Special Edition only" vs. "Regular Edition."  I will contact everyone on the list below to confirm interest and quantity, and will provide ordering instructions.

Based on this, are we supposed to be saying which edition we want now? I figured you'd ask upon contacting, but others are saying which now. Also as it sounded like the special editions were very limited in quantity, I would hate to say I want the special edition, then find out it sold out, and that there are no more standard ones available either because special editions were done later or something. Just wanted to be sure going for the special wouldn't cause me to potentially miss either!

4 hours ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

I can't see the photos. Anyone else having trouble?

3 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

Same

3 hours ago, DZ-Jay said:

I can see the on my PC browser (Mozilla variant), but not in my iPad (Safari).

3 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

No go on Firefox or Edge.

Do I have a copy of Netscape Navigator around here?  ;) 

3 hours ago, Fierodoug5 said:

No go on my phone, Google chrome

3 hours ago, Intymike said:

Nothing to see on Firefox either.

3 hours ago, Illtiger1 said:

Can't see the pics using Chrome on my PC or Chrome on my phone

2 hours ago, DZ-Jay said:

Well, admittedly, my browser is called InterWeb, a variant of Mozilla, custom built for older Mac OS X versions.  Essentially, I use it to access the "modern Web" from Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.6), which has been locked out by almost the entire WWW when they switched to TLS 1.2 a few years ago.

I guess it works better than I expected:  the LTO Flash! pictures look great. :)

-dZ.

UPDATE:  Confirmed that PaleMoon (from an old fork of Firefox build for old machines) does not show the images.

4 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

Same

4 hours ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

I can't see the photos. Anyone else having trouble?

I am not sure why the photos are not visible to everyone. I pasted them as inline images (rather than attachments) from my Google Photos account, using the most recent Firefox on my 2017 MacBook.

I can also see them just fine (although squished, in some cases) from Chrome on my Android phone. 

I can try to repost them later. However, since I don't know why they currently don't work for some folks, I am not going to prioritize it. I have a gazillion emails to attend to for some reason. ??

5 minutes ago, intvnut said:

I am not sure why the photos are not visible to everyone. I pasted them as inline images (rather than attachments) from my Google Photos account, using the most recent Firefox on my 2017 MacBook.

I think the issue is that I pasted these as inline images, and rather than upload the image, the forum has linked directly to the copy at Google Photos.

I will have to redo these as attachments, and that will have to come later when I am back at my desk.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, intvnut said:

I think the issue is that I pasted these as inline images, and rather than upload the image, the forum has linked directly to the copy at Google Photos.

It's weird because that works for me whenever I do it (or at least I haven't heard anybody complaining of missing images).

A screenshot from PaleMoon (which does not show the images), suggests that they are being rendered as their MIME content in Base64 some weird source URI:

image.thumb.png.e0d248598e6bf95c78ab30f52237b8a8.png

Perhaps the format or type in the clipboard on your PC was missclassified during import.  You may need to attach them -- or maybe try again, copying the images from another source program in order to coerce a standard format, like PNG or JPEG.

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

So this list.  I've been waiting for the new lto release since missing out on the last batch of ltos sold back in 2019.  Someone I know got his within that time frame of 2 weeks.  Sucks to miss it and possibly again.   Please to the developer,  would take either option you have available.  Will purchase today.  Thanks!

Edited by Intellivision**fan

1 hour ago, Hastor said:

Based on this, are we supposed to be saying which edition we want now? I figured you'd ask upon contacting, but others are saying which now. Also as it sounded like the special editions were very limited in quantity, I would hate to say I want the special edition, then find out it sold out, and that there are no more standard ones available either because special editions were done later or something. Just wanted to be sure going for the special wouldn't cause me to potentially miss either!

There is currently no waiting list for Special Edition.

I have taken note where folks have mentioned that they're interested in the SE only, so I can gauge how many orders to expect for the regular edition. I will still contact everyone that has said they're interested in any edition, in order to get the word out that regular edition is back in print.

I am focused on handling the LTO Flash! regular edition backlog, and will contact everyone who expressed interest in any edition to let them know it's back in print and how to order.  

The Special Edition will have only 25 copies available.  I will either need to run an auction or some other mechanism to sort that out when the time comes.  I am pretty sure more than 25 folks have expressed some degree of interest in it.

Even if I just do "First Come, First Served" for the SE, I won't start that list until shipping is imminent.

So, everyone, let's stay focused on the regular edition for now. 

By the way, I only went back to page 68 or so in this thread to construct my list. I didn't look much before the time frame where LTO Flash! sold out in 2019. 

If you had expressed interest while it was still available, but didn't actually buy it, I might have missed adding you to the list.

Now's your chance to get on the list. Speak up now if you don't see your name on the list. 

(And yes, I know there's already a small handful to add since last night.)

Edited by intvnut
wording fixes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm guess the SE will be gone before anyone has a chance really.  For me, not really important.   All I know, really want my hands on one copy.  Have in the past emailed the website but never got any reply back.  So hoping this helps me get on the list now.  Be much appreciated and very thankful you are doing this.   

14 minutes ago, DZ-Jay said:

Perhaps the format or type in the clipboard on your PC was missclassified during import.  You may need to attach them -- or maybe try again, copying the images from another source program in order to coerce a standard format, like PNG or JPEG

On my wife's PC (Firefox) and phone (Android/Chrome), we see something even different: A large light grey box with a slightly darker grey version of the do-not-enter symbol in the center. i.e. a grey version of this:  

Right clicking on that and "view image in tab" showed the same grey box/do-not-enter symbol. The URL for the image pointed back to a "googleusercontent" domain. 

So there's either a permissions issue, image format negotiation issue, an image size issue, or an unsupported version of the image format itself. I think I have seen this problem before with inline images. When I get around to reposting them, I will post attachments.

The more motivated among you can snoop the EXIF data to figure out when and where some of these steps took place. This has stretched over months, with some concentrated sprints.

7 minutes ago, intvnut said:

On my wife's PC (Firefox) and phone (Android/Chrome), we see something even different: A large light grey box with a slightly darker grey version of the do-not-enter symbol in the center. i.e. a grey version of this:  

Right clicking on that and "view image in tab" showed the same grey box/do-not-enter symbol. The URL for the image pointed back to a "googleusercontent" domain. 

So there's either a permissions issue, image format negotiation issue, an image size issue, or an unsupported version of the image format itself. I think I have seen this problem before with inline images. When I get around to reposting them, I will post attachments.

The more motivated among you can snoop the EXIF data to figure out when and where some of these steps took place. This has stretched over months, with some concentrated sprints.

If you'd like, I can try reposting the images, since I seem to be the only one who can see them.

-dZ.

• Like 1