IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

Will the SE be a big batch? I still have an Lto Flash from early on, in the 1st batch a few years ago, so I passed on this latest run so that people that didn't have one yet could get one, but I'm very interested in a SE version. However, if it's going to be extremely limited, it would be nice to know, so that I might just get one of these regular versions before they sell out, in case I miss out on the SE. Just curious! :)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SiLic0ne t0aD said:

Will the SE be a big batch? I still have an Lto Flash from early on, in the 1st batch a few years ago, so I passed on this latest run so that people that didn't have one yet could get one, but I'm very interested in a SE version. However, if it's going to be extremely limited, it would be nice to know, so that I might just get one of these regular versions before they sell out, in case I miss out on the SE. Just curious! :)

Joe said he was making only 25 Special edition. 

I know it's a tough call. I am in the same exact situation all the way around! ?

• Like 3

We have reached the first and second throttle points at essentially the same time:  The next batch of carts going out will use up all shrinkwrapped copies, and the remaining "in-flight" confirmed orders eat up the rest of the initial 240. 

All new orders (not counting folks who have already gotten confirmation from me) may see a ~3 week delay as we assemble the remaining 80 units from this batch.  This includes sales through any resellers that would need me to ship more cartridges to them.

Demand has been phenomenal.

I'm in the process of making the next 80.  I'm hoping we can stick to the 3 week number.  Thank you for your patience.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SiLic0ne t0aD said:

Will the SE be a big batch?

1 hour ago, wolfy62 said:

Joe said he was making only 25 Special edition. 

@wolfy62 is exactly correct.  There will be exactly 25 Special Edition carts.  Serial numbers 1 through 25. 

If you want an additional LTO Flash!, and you're waiting hoping to get one of the 25 very limited Special Edition carts, you'll likely be disappointed, as there's zero guarantee you'll get one of the SE carts.  There is no waiting list for the Special Edition.  I will likely need to auction these somehow.

• Like 4

Question related to coding the LTO:

Is there some contraindication in using the rom ranges 

$0500 - $06FF  RAM/ROM ok.
$0700 - $0CFF  RAM/ROM ok if no Intellivoice.
$0D00 - $0FFF  RAM/ROM ok.

with LTO ?

We are facing some hangs using these addressed when the rom is loaded in LTO and runs on real HW (no intellivoice or ECS plugged)

The problem does not occur in Jzintv emulator

9 minutes ago, SiLic0ne t0aD said:

Cool, thanks for the heads up, Joe!

I might snag a regular one then, whenever the next batch goes up for grabs. ?

Get on a waiting list now, rather than later, if you intend to purchase.

My "expressed interest" list, when I rolled everything up, totaled over 400 units. According to the experts in the Left Turn Only Advanced Mathematics Reseach Division™, 400 is larger than 320.

I am certain there's some double-counting in my interest list, as that number continues to drop as I align more names to AtariAge handles. That said, I know my resellers have sold a non-trivial number of units to folks who never contacted me. I think the two effects balance each other out.

We're on track to sell this entire run. So if you want one, get on a waiting list officially.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, artrag said:

with LTO ?

We are facing some hangs using these addressed when the rom is loaded in LTO and runs on real HW (no intellivoice or ECS plugged)

I will be honest: I don't know off the top of my head. I think $0400 - $0FFF should work normally, but I need to look at the firmware to be sure. I know there are some limitations in lower memory, and $0F1x is where the UART lives.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruiser133 said:

I am on your list brother but I ordered one from gdg so I could use PayPal. Please send my reserved copy to them or send them an extra and take me off your list. Thanks!!!

Thanks for letting me know.  I will mark you as handled by GDG.

My own, homemade 'Special Edition'. :)

Always wanted a full-size label on this, so I whipped one up in photoshop today and printed it out. I lost the original Lto end label when I swapped the PCB into a clear shell somehow anyway, so problem solved.

On a different, yet somewhat related note - I signed up for Zelle, so I'm able to pay directly when the new batch is ready. ?

20210111_163353.thumb.jpg.5f4473981eb6c31652671c698695872d.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, palikka91 said:

I contacted the french reseller. He asked my E-mail on thursday, havent heard him after that, but i assume im on his order list?

I would not assume that without positive confirmation from him.  I think you're on his list, but only he can say for sure.

On 1/10/2021 at 1:07 AM, artrag said:

with LTO ?

In the current firmware, it looks like you can use $0500 - $0EFF.

$0F00 - $0FFF currently are taken by the UART and some status registers. For example, you can sense whether USB has power by reading $0F0F.

I suppose it shouldn't be hard to add a feature flag to turn UART on/off within the LUIGI format.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, intvnut said:

In the current firmware, it looks like you can use $0500 - $0EFF.

$0F00 - $0FFF currently are taken by the UART and some status registers. For example, you can sense whether USB has power by reading $0F0F.

I suppose it shouldn't be hard to add a feature flag to turn UART on/off within the LUIGI format.

Oooh, a new feature flag!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rietveld said:

Any idea when the LTO will be available in Canada. I emailed the reseller January 3rd .

I have two large shipments headed to Canada, including one that I sent before Christmas, stuck in Chicago.

I have a feeling that if I had sent individual units to Canada, they'd fare no better.

Screenshot_20210112-211412.thumb.png.463b6ccd8625f55ae65082ac015922db.png

I need to find out from @Steve Jones whether all of the units I have already sent him are accounted for on his waiting list.  There's 40 LTO Flash units stuck in Chicago.

5 hours ago, intvnut said:

I have two large shipments headed to Canada, including one that I sent before Christmas, stuck in Chicago.

I have a feeling that if I had sent individual units to Canada, they'd fare no better.

I need to find out from @Steve Jones whether all of the units I have already sent him are accounted for on his waiting list.  There's 40 LTO Flash units stuck in Chicago.

Thankls for the info

Steve reached out to mw and told me they are in transit

10 hours ago, intvnut said:

If everyone buys one who said they would so far, 36 out of 40 are gone, so only 4 more would be available in Canada for now.