IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

On 12/18/2018 at 5:17 PM, Utopia said:

I had a similar problem with one.

I have 3 Intellivoice modules and one of them would not take the LTO-Flash. I sent pictures to Joe and Steve and it was clearly moulded slightly differently from the other 2.

Just added a couple of 0.5 mm washers under the PCB near the cartridge port, that did the trick... Didn't have washers/spacers of the right thickness so I 3D printed them .... Easy fix

20210325_202508.jpg

20210325_202729.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, karlozgil said:

Just added a couple of 0.5 mm washers under the PCB near the cartridge port, that did the trick... Didn't have washers/spacers of the right thickness so I 3D printed them .... Easy fix

Thanks for sharing that! I recently was given a second voice module. Haven't tried it yet, but could have gotten them mixed up and been very confused if that one's different as I know my existing one works!

My LTO Flash cart is in Alphabetical order with all the games on it, but how do I have it so I just see A, B, C etc and can scroll to my games that way? Meaning I have like 130+ games but they are all listed in the menu. I want to make it so I have all the 'A' games under 'A', all the 'B' games under 'B' and so on... How do I set that up? Can it be done on the Flash Cart menu or do I have to use the cable wire and hook it up to my PC? The latter is an issue for me as I have Windows 10 and that has proven to be a problem. My LTO Flash software doesn't recognize the LTO Flash Cart..... ?

I think you'd need to backup and reflash the entire cartridge, using a setup where you create 27 or so folders named 0-9, A, B, C etc. Then you'd sort the games in each folder on the PC side before flashing back all the content to the LTO! Alternatively I can imagine fewer folders, something like Original #-M, Original N-Z, Aftermarket #-M, Aftermarket N-Z.

6 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

My LTO Flash cart is in Alphabetical order with all the games on it, but how do I have it so I just see A, B, C etc and can scroll to my games that way? Meaning I have like 130+ games but they are all listed in the menu. I want to make it so I have all the 'A' games under 'A', all the 'B' games under 'B' and so on... How do I set that up? Can it be done on the Flash Cart menu or do I have to use the cable wire and hook it up to my PC? The latter is an issue for me as I have Windows 10 and that has proven to be a problem. My LTO Flash software doesn't recognize the LTO Flash Cart..... ?

The first concern is accessing the cart from your PC. Not sure how familiar you are with Windows 10. If need be, PM me. The short version is:

1. Does a COM port appear in Device Manager when you plug the cartridge in?
  2. Double-check the cable supports data transfer - over the past few years, it's become alarmingly frequent that cables only support power, not data
  3. It also appears that more recent Windows 10 seems to require installing the FTDI serial port drivers - a link to their website is in the menu, or here - you probably would use the 64-bit Windows driver

On the menu layout side...

If your cart has ROMs on it, they got there somehow. ;)

You can rearrange your menu layout in the UI software. It's been a long-time regret (just look up this thread), but the Windows version does not support rearranging multiple items in the menu layout (right hand side) - you have to rearrange one at a time.

The general approach is to create the folders in the UI, as @carlsson mentions, then drag the ROMs into the appropriate folder. When that's all done, connect the cart, click 'Send to LTO Flash!'. You won't need to reformat the entire cart.

Since you set up the cart somehow, then it is easiest to do the menu rearrangement on the machine that you used to put the ROMs onto the cart, as that's a "known good".

Feel free to contact me via PM and we can go over things in more detail as needed.

10 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

I had to install the FTDI Virtual Com Port drivers to get the LTO flash working in Win10.  I don't know what your specific problem is but this would be a place to start.

Don't skip Steve's advice because he linked the exact same thing above AND the file is actually attached to post #2387 on page 96.

To arrange things, I think the advice I wish I had gotten is to create folders in Windows #-F, G-N, etc.  Put your roms in them and then import all those folders with the LTO gui.  It is faster to import the entire folder structure than to re-sort the roms afterward.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wongojack said:

I had to install the FTDI Virtual Com Port drivers to get the LTO flash working in Win10.  I don't know what your specific problem is but this would be a place to start.

Don't skip Steve's advice because he linked the exact same thing above AND the file is actually attached to post #2387 on page 96.

To arrange things, I think the advice I wish I had gotten is to create folders in Windows #-F, G-N, etc.  Put your roms in them and then import all those folders with the LTO gui.  It is faster to import the entire folder structure than to re-sort the roms afterward.

Yeah, it is simplest if they're already on disk in a way that matches how you'd like them on the cart.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2021 at 1:52 PM, benjam138 said:

Are these still available? I've reached out to intvnut here and emailed joe.zbiciak@leftturnonly.info and have not heard anything. And it's no big deal. I understand people get busy, but I would like to order one if possible. 

Anybody?

I wonder if there are LTO hoarders, or otherwise the market demand yet again was grossly underestimated despite that some find the price tag tough to justify. The next few months' action on eBay etc will tell if these again will appear at inflated prices once the latest batch was sold out from manufacturer and distributors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carlsson said:

I wonder if there are LTO hoarders, or otherwise the market demand yet again was grossly underestimated despite that some find the price tag tough to justify. The next few months' action on eBay etc will tell if these again will appear at inflated prices once the latest batch was sold out from manufacturer and distributors.

Couple friends were interested but didn't pull the trigger though I was on the list for them.  I got one a few years ago myself.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, pedalpowered said:

Sadly, someone bought it this morning. And the seller has "relisted" it to sell another for $299.

Could be a fake purchase, just to make it appear to anyone interested that someone had recently paid that amount.

(Not an uncommon tactic on eBay to drive up prices)

1 hour ago, Jstick said:

Could be a fake purchase, just to make it appear to anyone interested that someone had recently paid that amount.

(Not an uncommon tactic on eBay to drive up prices)

An ebay seller has to pay 10 to 12 percent of the sale price as a commission.  That would be about a $30 hit for him .  

10 hours ago, rietveld said:

An ebay seller has to pay 10 to 12 percent of the sale price as a commission.  That would be about a $30 hit for him .  

Still worth it if it leads to even a single $300 purchase of a $120 item.  Just means the profit is $150 instead of $180.  

People will often use the most recent sold listing as a guide (especially for infrequently listed items), so this trick has a fair chance of working for a scarce item.