IGNORED

What's the latest games you've played on your Wii U?

Ransom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Over the weekend I finished Yoshi's Wooly World, pretty much %99.99 complete. I have all the unlockable Yoshis', collected all the flowers, all the stamps and got a gold star on every stage, including all the special stages, AND the special stage that opens up at the end of the game after you've collected all 270 flowers. All that I am missing are 2 of the characters in scrapbook theater, and one song. The two characters I need to unlock are both special one time patch characters where I can't be bothered to hunt them down, since I can't remember which level they were on. That's the only gold star I need, the scrapbook theater, so I consider myself completely done with the game for a few years. I anticipate playing through all the way again on a new file, as it's a fantastic game, and a must have on the WiiU.

• Like 1

Now, I'm trying to figure out which to play next. I've been acquiring games like mad since they are pretty cheap, or I want to make sure I have them since the console is on the way out. I have a backlog of games that I've started and put away, or haven't even tried yet:

-Bayonetta 2

-Devils Third

-Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge

-Captain Toad (I'm halfway through this one)

-Paper Mario Color Splash (I might retry this one, I was turned off by the use of the gamepad screen for combat at first)

-Starfox Zero

-Xenoblade Chronicles X

-Deus Ex Human Revolution

-Steamworld Collection

All those I need to try or give another go, or finish. My new years resolution for gaming was to finish games all the way instead of working on multiple games at a time.

Bayonetta 2 is fun but short. I liked it almost as much as the original.

Devils Third is purely for collecting. NEVER play it under any circumstances.

Xenoblade Chronicles X is one of the best games I've played. HUGE open world, tons and tons of quests to do, and a good story. The only downside is that it has a bit of a steep learning curve. It sucked up 80+ hours of my life and I still didn't do some of the post game stuff. If you play this make sure you download the four installation packs as it makes the load times almost non-existent (otherwise they're pretty bad).

How is Captain Toad? I wanted to get this, but I remember the motion controls from the SM3DW version being annoying (especially having to blow into the controller).

How is Captain Toad? I wanted to get this, but I remember the motion controls from the SM3DW version being annoying (especially having to blow into the controller).

I really enjoy playing Captain Toad. I find it one of the most innovative puzzlers around. It does contain some of those gamepad specific controls as gimmicks in a few of the stages. I don't find it so much of a nuisance that I won't play the game though. I can only think of 1 stage where I had to blow air on the gamepad after 35 levels. Mostly you just have to utilize the gyroscope to manipulate the viewing perspective.

It is very bare bones in terms of content, I would highlight that as it's only downside. But, it was priced as a semi-budget title at $39.99 originally. For instance, it only has 1 save file available, so you can't have multiple files going like most every other Nintendo platform game. And, the main menu/level select is sooooo generic. Also, graphically it won't blow you away either, maybe what a hi-definition gamecube game would look like.

Grabbed Yoshi's Woolly World today. My local Wal-Mart had one last Amiibo-less copy of it that they had marked down to $30 a while back when the premium version of this showed up with the Yarn Yoshi Amiibo bundled in.

With the new $40 3DS port of Woolly World and Nintendo's focus on the Switch, I don't see the Wii U version entering the Nintendo Selects program at $20 anymore. And I really had no use for the Amiibo, so I suspect this is the best deal I'll get on a new copy.

• Like 1

Presently playing Wind Waker HD, next Twilight Princess HD, then Breath of the Wild.

How is Wind Waker HD?

I picked it up a couple weeks ago from Best Buy since it was only $15 with Gamers Club discount. I played it on the GC about 10 years ago and I remember it being awesome but never finished it.

Right now I'm playing Freedom Planet. Awesome game remind me of the old Sonic games

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, on to Super Mario 3D World while waiting for Breath of the Wild.

Btw, I had heard TP was a not-so-great Zelda game. I had bought it for GC when it came ten years ago, started a game, and got sidetracked. I still have that save file from a decade ago. The forced wolf parts at the beginning were a little off-putting, but playing through the whole game, Twilight Princess is great. It has some of the best Zelda dungeons, I think.