IGNORED

Jaguar games with the best music?

kevincal

Jaguar games with the best music?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Pick up to 15 games that you like the music from most.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Surely we need ALL of the options available, not just a selection of titles?

Problem is AA poll format only allows 25 selections. I know this is not ideal but I think most of the jag games with the best music are here.

If you have a fav not on the list just make a comment about it and I can add it to the tally at the end in some weeks etc.

Edited by kevincal

Right, I've voted now Kev. For me, some games with some cool music included:

Checkered Flag (Big deal btw, the music IS the best thing about this game and what pulls me back to it every so often!)
Ultra Vortek (Rockin!)
Missile Command 3D (Super atmospheric stuff here!)
Val D'Isere (Like Travis said, good stuff on offer here)
Zero 5 (Solid stuff here too)
Skyhammer (turn the bass up on this one. It really rocks!)

• Like 2

Skyhammer (turn the bass up on this one. It really rocks!)

Does only one or two tracks in a game make for a good soundtrack though? :P

Also, I agree with others in regards to Val D'Isere. The game itself might not hold up the best (or be as much fun today as it was 15 years ago), but the music definitely holds up in a good way.

Played Val D'isere last night and I have to say the soundtrack rocks. It's straight out of an 80's ski movie montage. The movie Hotdog comes to mind.

Super Burnout and pretty much the entire 2k/3d line of games rock as well.

Wolfenstein also has a pretty awesome soundtrack. Ultra Vortek is pretty hilarious, with its bad MIDI hair metal! So bad it's good....

I blast all my Jaguar games through a 1200w surround sound system so I definitely care about music as much as graphics/gameplay.

Edited by travistouchdown

Whoa, very few votes for BattleMorph? That might be right up there with Tempest for me. Not as memorable, but absolutely perfect for the game. For those who don't own a Jag CD, check out these links and vote it up:

http://justclaws.atari.org/sounds/battle.mp3

http://justclaws.atari.org/sounds/battle2.mp3

http://justclaws.atari.org/sounds/battle3.mp3

Is this sort of campaigning allowed at the ballot box?

Whoa, very few votes for BattleMorph? That might be right up there with Tempest for me. Not as memorable, but absolutely perfect for the game. For those who don't own a Jag CD, check out these links and vote it up:

http://justclaws.atari.org/sounds/battle.mp3

http://justclaws.atari.org/sounds/battle2.mp3

http://justclaws.atari.org/sounds/battle3.mp3

Is this sort of campaigning allowed at the ballot box?

Sure its allowed. Battlemorph music is great but the problem is many people have never owned a Jag CD and even moreso now that it costs a fortune, and then you have to buy Battlemorph which is like 20 bucks. The other thing, I never hardly noticed the music in Battlemorph because I think the preset in the game has the music volume pretty low... gotta turn it up. It is cool music though. But to get around to actually hearing it costs a bit of money and figuring out the game options, lol.

• Like 1

I guess prolly the reason is many never owned the game cus its a bit pricey (Defender 2000). shame. I like Protector SE more though as a whole.

This still blows my mind... I can't believe these games are so expensive... I wonder when this bubble bursts?

Question is... when the Dreamcast generation starts hitting our age... will the price of those machines / games shoot up like mad?

There are some Dreamcast fans but in general seems it was a universal flop and collector prices have never been very high for the system or games, there are exceptions but. I don't see any sega products gaining much value. More and more people are just forgetting about Sega, they have been dead so long. And burned many people. But the Jag has been alive and kicking this whole time. I mean Dreamcast has a homebrew scene but I don't think its nearly as hardcore as the Jag scene. Dreamcast is a great system though, great graphics. Sucky controller though. And the system is obscenely loud.

I don't see any sega products gaining much value. More and more people are just forgetting about Sega, they have been dead so long.

Saturn prices are stupid anymore.. Stuff is too expensive. Cant understand it... And again the prices, the Saturn systems and games are becoming too expensive.

So which is it?

So which is it?

I was talking about the dreamcast in the first quote. All Sega products except Saturn basically aren't worth much of anything. in general. For the most part Sega stuff isn't worth much or seem to be gaining EXCEPT Saturn systems and the good games on Saturn seem to be holding and maybe slightly gaining.

I was talking about the dreamcast in the first quote. All Sega products except Saturn basically aren't worth much of anything. in general. For the most part Sega stuff isn't worth much or seem to be gaining EXCEPT Saturn systems and the good games on Saturn seem to be holding and maybe slightly gaining.

I was never a huge Sega fan, I didn't get a Genesis or Saturn until after they were essentially dead systems, but the Sega CD has some titles that command 3 figure prices. Of course the good games to garbage games ratio on the Sega CD is pretty low so that may have something to do with it, but the RPGs specifically are always in high demand. I bought a Dreamcast at launch, but don't have much of a collection so I don't know much about the DC collecting scene. The Saturn is a great little system, especially if you get into the imports. Of course 3D isn't its strong point, but if you're a 2D fan, the Saturn has a lot to offer.

I was never a huge Sega fan, I didn't get a Genesis or Saturn until after they were essentially dead systems, but the Sega CD has some titles that command 3 figure prices. Of course the good games to garbage games ratio on the Sega CD is pretty low so that may have something to do with it, but the RPGs specifically are always in high demand. I bought a Dreamcast at launch, but don't have much of a collection so I don't know much about the DC collecting scene. The Saturn is a great little system, especially if you get into the imports. Of course 3D isn't its strong point, but if you're a 2D fan, the Saturn has a lot to offer.

I picked Genesis over SNES in 1991 so I have a soft spot for Sega. I also got a 32X when it came out. I picked PS1 over Saturn. Sega was so dumb, releasing the Saturn in a surprise launch... My friend and I were walking the mall may 1995 and hey look, Saturn is out. um ok, 400 bucks and no hype surrounding it, no thanks, lol. Saturn is good but im just a PS1 guy. I love the first generation Ps1 games. Your cross examination of me earlier was funny though, lol. you a lawyer or detective? I love those guys . |:)

So which is it?

Whatever the dude wants to say, everything is going up in price. Some platforms faster than others, like the Super Nintendo, for instance. However, everything Sega is going up as well. Maybe it's just inflation, but classic videogames in general aren't going down in price, that's for sure.

• Like 2