IGNORED

Intellivisionaries Episode 11 is now live!

Dunvoo was taken off a T-card I believe

I've only ever seen Dunvoo and the INTV version.

If you mean Dunvoo never went to production, yes. I'm pretty sure it's on the Intellivision Lives! CD, though. I just checked my hard drive, and it appears it's in the 'unreleas' folder, or more specifically: intypc/intytech/binaries/unreleas/dunvoo.bin

I noticed in the show notes that you included a link to my re-org of the top game tournament results: "AtariAge thread showing the results of tallying the top 20 Intellivision games from votes of AA users." If you want to include the picture that is attached to that post depicting the final rounds as a knockout tournament, feel free to do so. I attached those expecting people to save and re-use them if they wanted.

I noticed in the show notes that you included a link to my re-org of the top game tournament results: "AtariAge thread showing the results of tallying the top 20 Intellivision games from votes of AA users." If you want to include the picture that is attached to that post depicting the final rounds as a knockout tournament, feel free to do so. I attached those expecting people to save and re-use them if they wanted.

Thanks Wongojack. I'll let Rick know (he manages our website).

• Like 1

Over time, there were apparently 4 versions, in rough chronological order...

Thanks for the information, Joe.

I've secured an interview with Keith Robinson for the episode. The plan is to also interview Julie Hoshizaki (and possibly Monique Lujan-Bakerink). We will get clarification on all these details directly from the source.

Ok... the interview with Keith has finally gotten me back on the wagon to catch up on the podcasts. I'm just wrapping up episode 4 now. I got a little intimidated earlier on when the sizes got >4 hours. It helps these days that my work commute takes more time since I can now walk to work.

• Like 1

Thanks for the information, Joe.

I've secured an interview with Keith Robinson for the episode. The plan is to also interview Julie Hoshizaki (and possibly Monique Lujan-Bakerink). We will get clarification on all these details directly from the source.

Could possibly be a chance to interview George Sanger, The Fat Man, as its his only Intellivision credit :)

gavv

• Like 1

Ok... the interview with Keith has finally gotten me back on the wagon to catch up on the podcasts. I'm just wrapping up episode 4 now. I got a little intimidated earlier on when the sizes got >4 hours. It helps these days that my work commute takes more time since I can now walk to work.

Seriously? I wish they were longer! :) I end up blowing through them in no time and then I spend the rest of the month pining for more podcast goodness. If you're only on ep4 I envy you as you have so much coolness ahead of you. You just be up to date by CGE or else you won't be one of the cool kids. Maybe we'll actually be on the Sept one ourselves roundtable style.

• Like 2

Size never intimidates Cmart, in fact the longer the better. But no way he would walk to work the next day, much less sit down.

• Like 1

Seriously? I wish they were longer! :) I end up blowing through them in no time and then I spend the rest of the month pining for more podcast goodness. If you're only on ep4 I envy you as you have so much coolness ahead of you. You just be up to date by CGE or else you won't be one of the cool kids. Maybe we'll actually be on the Sept one ourselves roundtable style.

Oh, I see you got my check then...

Haha. Thanks, Cmart. You're becoming our semi-official marketing guy. We might have to make you a badge to wear at CGE. You can walk around pestering show attendees to visit our booth!

You mean all 3 versions? Or is it 4? Duncan, Voochko, 8K, 16K... We'll get all the details, and review them all.

My understanding is the 16K version has the intro screen, and both the Voochko and Duncan versions, and the 8K version doesn't. But I'm sure Keith will be back to discuss the full story.

As I said in my original reply, Thin Ice has one of the most interesting histories of ANY of the classic console video games, I think -- only ET and Pac-Man can top it, I think. It's pretty much got it all. ;)

There's already a very good write up on the game on the IL website, but I'm really looking forward to your coverage of the game on the next podcast.

• Like 1

Haha. Thanks, Cmart. You're becoming our semi-official marketing guy. We might have to make you a badge to wear at CGE. You can walk around pestering show attendees to visit our booth!

I am so getting a badge. :)

(Conversation between two attendees overheard at CGE)

"Did you see the guy near the Intellivision booths? He kept trying to get me to put on these wireless headphones and was yelling 'Listen to this! Seriously! Listen!' He had some strange badge on too. Weirdo."

• Like 1

Hey must be doing something right, for the second? time you clocked in a longer show than RGR this month :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've never had so much trouble listening to a podcast as I have with this particular episode. I am using Pocket Casts on Android to listen to the podcast and find that the episode keeps getting deleted when I pause the playbak for any extended period of time. I also tried listening to the feed on the Intellivisionaries web site and found that if I try to select a time after the 3 1/2 hr mark, that it reverts back to the beginning of the program. My last ditch effort is in play now: I'm downloading it in iTunes and will try to finish it there.

Been awhile since this (my subbed list, in no particular order)

Retro Junkies minis

ZerbinatorLand

Player/Missile

Watch Out For Fireballs

GameRoom Junkies

YDKFlack

The DigitalPress Podcast

IMPLANTGames podcast

Retronauts

The Retroist

Retro Obscura

ColecoVisions podcast

Classic Console GamerNews

No Quarter

Intellivisionaries

ANTIC podcast

Arcade Outsiders

Throwback Reviews

NYPWP

ferg

Retro League*

RGRup*

Stuck in the 80s

Garage Logic

* on the bubble

Honesty I never thought I'd consider dumping Retro League. Save for that offensive remark a guest made recently, they're not doing anything wrong or differently than usual- maybe they're just getting stale to me.

Dunno if there are any Laser Time listeners here, but we parted ways last night. Decided most of their topics aren't of interest to me- they're more pop/nerd-cultury than gaming-related. Plus they want money & there's swearing that, while occasional & tolerable, feels thrown in "because we can." & there's wrestling talk. Auggghh the wrestling talk.

Anyhoo, that's me.

P.S. I haven't sneak-listened to AllGen Gamers in like, forever.

• Like 1

I've never had so much trouble listening to a podcast as I have with this particular episode. I am using Pocket Casts on Android to listen to the podcast and find that the episode keeps getting deleted when I pause the playbak for any extended period of time. I also tried listening to the feed on the Intellivisionaries web site and found that if I try to select a time after the 3 1/2 hr mark, that it reverts back to the beginning of the program. My last ditch effort is in play now: I'm downloading it in iTunes and will try to finish it there.

Wow, sorry Bikeguychicago.

With your Android player, I assume it's just streaming it, not downloading first, then playing? I use Downcast on my iPhone, and by default have it download all the podcast episodes I listen to. I find streaming podcasts can be sketchy at times.

As far as the website player, I will check it out and see if I have a similar problem. But that player is generated and hosted by Libsyn, so it should be the same as streaming from the RSS feed, or directly from our Libsyn page.

And speaking of that, as you know, there's always the option of directly downloading the mp3 from the Libsyn page, which would eliminate all streaming related issues. Of course using iTunes to get it will do the same thing.

I've been listening to the podcasts on my old Android phone (v2.3) and it plays it fine. I do what Nurmix is doing: I download the whole file first and then transfer it to my phone. You can also download the whole file directly to your phone, but I recommend only doing that when connected to WiFi so that you don't chew up your cellular data plan.

That said, some manufacturers put their own custom media player on their line of Android phones. If you're already doing the stuff above and you are still experiencing problems, then perhaps the media player on your phone is buggy. :(

For non-subscription 'casts, I can even use my rinky-dink Polaroid tablet(it's like a palm pilot, but with hope) to download the MP3 file directly, and listen. Boom, instant walkman.

I miss my Palm Pre. It did things 3 years ago that Apple is only just now copying and putting in their iPhones. Multi-tasking "swipe cards off the screen" anyone?

[emoji13]

Wow, sorry Bikeguychicago.

With your Android player, I assume it's just streaming it, not downloading first, then playing? I use Downcast on my iPhone, and by default have it download all the podcast episodes I listen to. I find streaming podcasts can be sketchy at times.

As far as the website player, I will check it out and see if I have a similar problem. But that player is generated and hosted by Libsyn, so it should be the same as streaming from the RSS feed, or directly from our Libsyn page.

And speaking of that, as you know, there's always the option of directly downloading the mp3 from the Libsyn page, which would eliminate all streaming related issues. Of course using iTunes to get it will do the same thing.

I actually downloaded it several times and have had it vanish from the list. Sometimes selecting to display the older episodes brings the link back and I can download it again, sometimes I can't. It may be an issue with the app itself as it was recently updated and updates don't always mean bug-free :)

I've got it in iTunes and have been listening to it there without issue.

• Like 1

I miss my Palm Pre. It did things 3 years ago that Apple is only just now copying and putting in their iPhones. Multi-tasking "swipe cards off the screen" anyone?

[emoji13]

<tangent>

I only got rid of my Pre3 last fall after increasingly finding that the apps I relied upon stopped working and/or were not available for the platform. I still miss my cards :(. You would think that Duarte would steal that for Android considering he was the architect for webOS.

</tangent>

Edited by bikeguychicago