IGNORED

Worst Jaguar games?

kevincal

Worst Jaguar games?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Pick up to 10 Jag games you think are the worst.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

It's not the greatest game in the world but its fun. Terribly underrated. For a graphics game, look at it for its bit maps. Not polygons. Bit maps. Its beautiful.

No.. It's ugly as #*$&. You want pretty bitmaps? Look to the Saturn. :P

(Or Rayman or NBA Jam T.E. on the Jaguar)

I didn't get this game for years because of what everyone said about it. The local store had it for $5 in good condition with packaging. I avoided it for a while but then figured what the hell. I was pleasently surprised. It's a fun game.

Hahahaha! I really need to get this game. Curiosity is at an all time high now... :-D

Edited by JagChris

I don't think its ugly at all. I'm talking as a doomish type bitmap game that scales in and out I think its very beautiful. You can see in the video you posted. The Saturn? Not sure what 3dish bitmap game you're referring to but its kinda irrelevant. I'm not comparing it to anything else but itself.

No.. It's ugly as #*$&. You want pretty bitmaps? Look to the Saturn. :P

(Or Rayman or NBA Jam T.E. on the Jaguar)

I'd also vote that WMCJ isn't even close to bottom-of-the-barrel. I played it a lot in the 90s, both alone and with friends. I got pretty good at it, so I can't agree completely with the reviewer about how impossible it is to play.

Objectively, yeah, it's not a great game, but it's not the worst either. I had fun with 2 players and it has a unique look. I've always thought it was kind of ugly but I also like that it's stylistically unique. No just unique, I've never played another game that looks quite like it.

It doesn't hold a candle to Dr. J vs. Bird on the Atari 7800. That's one of my all time favs.

I am watching this video and I notice he talks about going through the character selection too fast. I don't remember this ever being an issue for me. Maybe I instinctively just tapped it over one at a time rather than holding down the button. I can't remember.

He talks about the controls being real sloppy and the backgrounds all being about the same. Neither one I really agree with. There are different backgrounds for every court. Even the courts themselves sport different personalities. Beautifully colored personalities. They are all the same in the sense that they are the backgrounds to a street basketball court with different neighborhoods. But some neighborhoods have construction in the background. Some have diners. Some have sun-bunnies etc. What else does he expect? Outer space locales?

I nor my friend found the controls as sloppy as he seems to have. My friend picked up on the control scheme rather quickly and would beat me 2 out of 3 games. And I played more than he did. And playing and winning against the PC is not impossible. This guy IMO is just looking for a reason to bash WMCJ. He has lost me as an objective reviewer.

Edited by JagChris

I just got my Jag a few days ago. Never owned one but got it as an early birthday present with 11 games. Fight for Life is just terrible, I think it is one of th worst games I have ever played. I popped in WMCJ a little bit ago and I don't think it's as bad as everyone says if I can figure out the controls a little better I might just play it.

I just got my Jag a few days ago. Never owned one but got it as an early birthday present with 11 games. Fight for Life is just terrible, I think it is one of th worst games I have ever played. I popped in WMCJ a little bit ago and I don't think it's as bad as everyone says if I can figure out the controls a little better I might just play it.

Don't forget to place your votes either ;)

That's cool :)

Don't hold back to share your thoughts/impressions of the games.

Which games did you get with it?

I got Val d'Esierre, Troy Aikman Football, Raiden, Fight for Life, Dragon:The Bruce Lee Story, Cybermorph, Iron Soldier, Syndicate, Brutal Sports Football, Wolfenstein 3d, and White Men Can't Jump. All of them have boxes (even though they aren't in the best condition) except WMCJ and Cybermorph. I also got 2 controllers and the official strategy guide for $100. I really can't complain, it was an early b-day gift :)

I am watching this video and I notice he talks about going through the character selection too fast. I don't remember this ever being an issue for me. Maybe I instinctively just tapped it over one at a time rather than holding down the button. I can't remember.

He talks about the controls being real sloppy and the backgrounds all being about the same. Neither one I really agree with. There are different backgrounds for every court. Even the courts themselves sport different personalities. Beautifully colored personalities. They are all the same in the sense that they are the backgrounds to a street basketball court with different neighborhoods. But some neighborhoods have construction in the background. Some have diners. Some have sun-bunnies etc. What else does he expect? Outer space locales?

I nor my friend found the controls as sloppy as he seems to have. My friend picked up on the control scheme rather quickly and would beat me 2 out of 3 games. And I played more than he did. And playing and winning against the PC is not impossible. This guy IMO is just looking for a reason to bash WMCJ. He has lost me as an objective reviewer.

Ya, another example of someone playing a Jaguar game badly and instead of blaming their lack of knowledge and skill, they blame the game. WMCJ is fairly easy to beat actually.