IGNORED

AtariProtos Update (Amiga Games)

Tempest

Exactly. These aren't Amiga computer protos, they're 2600 protos made by Amiga. As for why no ST, Jaguar, Lynx, etc., at one point I had very ambitious ideas on what I would cover, but as time moved on I found I had less and less free time so those had to be scrapped. I still plan on doing some other sections on the site (5200 vs 8-bit for example) but those are low priority.

Also ST sucks! Amiga forever! ;)

I look forward to all the fun stuff you post.

Also Amoeba blows! ST Rules! ;) both are bastard stepchildren but tons o fun!

Edited by atarian63
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I look forward to all the fun stuff you post.

Also Amoeba blows! ST Rules! ;) both are bastard stepchildren but tons o fun!

In truth, both the ST and the Amiga *are* "Atari" systems because they both have [some] Atari Inc DNA in them. Sure, the ST's hardware was designed by ex-Commodore staff but ex-Atari Inc staff [such as Landon Dyer] worked on porting GEM to the ST and made contributions to it. Dave Stauguss (sic) wrote NEOchrome for the ST and I'm sure John Skrutch (sic) - the ex Atari Inc employee who lasted all the way until the end of Atari Corp and turned off the lights - must've contributed something to it. Too bad Dan Kramer left Atari Corp in October 1984; he probably could've improved the ST Mouse or created an ST themed joystick at the very least.

• 2 months later...

Update: I just found out that Genesis (aka 3-D Genesis) was actually released on other platforms: http://www.mobygames.com/game/genesis_

So did Videosoft originally develop Genesis and sell it to Datasoft for porting or was it the other way around? If I had to guess, I'd say that Datasoft let Videosoft port it, but that's just pure speculation on my part.

• Like 1

Update: I just found out that Genesis (aka 3-D Genesis) was actually released on other platforms: http://www.mobygames.com/game/genesis_

So did Videosoft originally develop Genesis and sell it to Datasoft for porting or was it the other way around? If I had to guess, I'd say that Datasoft let Videosoft port it, but that's just pure speculation on my part.

Genesis was based on an arcade game by Design Labs, Inc. I assume it never came out.

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=173914