IGNORED

Atari 2600 Great Escape by bomb PAL rare trade swap

thechallengeofnexar

Hi, Would anyone like to trade my CIB (PAL) BOMB game "Great Escape" for something rare.

I know its not anywhere near as rare as the NTSC version but still very hard to find CIB with mint cart.

The cart looks new and the paperwork is 9/10 excellent! comes complete with inner tray (tiny little splits in the corners) the main offender condition wise is the top window panel missing (which is common on these) but the box is very good otherwise with nice corners and no crushing as you can see.

I'm looking for boxed CIB Tigervision games Marauder or Miner VOL II or Espial (you never know) some are in Canada but seem like snails teeth these days.

I'm open to any loose R7s and i'm valuing my game at £50 CIB (so about 80 bucks)

(Loose you can pick some Bomb! carts for £15 in PAL land but CIB "forget about it"

Thanks Antony

post-29974-0-69250500-1406825318_thumb.jpg

post-29974-0-12714500-1406825431_thumb.jpg

post-29974-0-49035600-1406825520_thumb.jpg

post-29974-0-81433200-1406825609_thumb.jpg

post-29974-0-19968200-1406825700_thumb.jpg

Edited by thechallengeofnexar

Well I might get a Maurader and it's worth asking. I didn't mention condition so someone might have a Miner II with a not so great box so I guess it's up to the person whom wants to trade to decide. As foe "Espial" as I said (you never know!) meaning probably fat chance on that one. I have some Activision potos now so should be able to get an Espial with some sort of trade on those. Also I forgot to say "PAL" Miner Vol II is not as rare in PAL land ; )

There are tons or rarity guides, and I never said it wasn't rarer! It depends on condition as I said (twice now) I never mentioned condition so if someone has a 6/10 CIB Miner II with a faded label are you saying a CIB BOMB! trade with a MINT cart is derisory? if you have not got any trade offers then It's not useful to comment on posts when no one is debating rarity. People put up trades all the time, V-shapes are not rare as such but CIB people were chucking R7s at me so leave it to the people that have offers please.

Also No Frills100 your one of the contributors of AtariBoxed.com and I put it to you that a loose PAL Miner Vol II is not a R8. The last one lose sold for 17 Euros in Germany although they are less common in Australia. It's not Espial which pop up once a year, which has been given the same loose rarity on your site as miner II (which is incorrect) I don't think a single collector will contest that.

There is no way Espial and Miner II are or par but guides are exactly that a guide from many angles and contributors. So using your own guide to rate a game i'm trying to trade against is not helpful.

I agree a I loose Bomb is R5 but CIB could be R7 (depends on condition) A boxed Rare game is hard to apply a fixed rate to so you should add variables on boxes like (R6-7) CIB not R6 CIB as a generic boxed rarity which is why the boxed BOMBS can sell for 4 times the loose carts) and are seldom found as complete as my example with tray, Instructions, warranty and mint cart.

I've been publishing my own PAL guide for 6 years and it's based also on vast personal knowledge that your site probably has too but you'll have to bump miner II down to R7 (in my view) seeing as you brought up rarity (not me)

*Especially if your promoting your site and demoting my trade. Your a V-shape collector and all your Ozzy V shapes/Action Hi-Tech games have been marked up very generously (some to R8 loose (on generic "pirate cave" label Fishing!) so as someone that can find V shapes very easily, I would say thats not a R8 (9CIB) by any stretch of the imagination. Some V shapes are quirky and rare granted (i've sold enough of them) but R9 pirate Fishing! nope.

Thanks, Foxsolo. I suppose i'm open to any trades but opened up a Miner Vol II can or worms. (i'm also happy with CIB Cosmic Commuter) Espial was pushing it (and a joke to myself), but a loose Espial would be ok. Which i've picked up for 50 Euros (PAL) a few times which is of Similar value to this. (seeing thats its got all it's paperwork and tray) Most of these boxes turn up like a bomb has gone off in them.

Iv'e added some Activision Protos PItfall II, Pressure Cooker and Robot tank up for trade as well. I'm still identifying them but I think they are full game (Loaner Equivalents), so 100% the real deal (in that they are dated and came from the nearby Activision European Headquarters in the UK).

I'm rubbish at Pitfall II so don't know if it's the full game of not : /

Thanks, Foxsolo. I suppose i'm open to any trades but opened up a Miner Vol II can or worms. (i'm also happy with CIB Cosmic Commuter) Espial was pushing it (and a joke to myself), but a loose Espial would be ok. Which i've picked up for 50 Euros (PAL) a few times which is of Similar value to this. (seeing thats its got all it's paperwork and tray) Most of these boxes turn up like a bomb has gone off in them.

You trade that for a loose Espial would be a travesty my friend for that Bomb game in my opinion is worth far more than that but again at end of the day it is your call. Wish I still had my loose Espial for I would have traded it in a hearbeat but financial needs took care of that one for me ;)

• Like 1

Sorry, nofrills. I was venting and I agree rarity isn't alway's value and new pirates are probably found every week that might have never been seen (which are overlooked). I would agree that Miner II is less common PAL (probably the only of the Tigervision set that is apart from River Patrol which only 2 PAL copies seemed to have surfaced.

I guess to me, if someones putting out a trade. The first response read like "no way are you going to get a CIB miner II" and the second "Miner II is in fact rarer " I never said it wasn't. I don't think any trades are R5 vs R5 or R8 vs R8 it's about how long you have been looking, condition and other factors .

Someone that's wiling to give up a Miner II with a not so good box that wants my PAL CIB BOMB, may have subsequently been put off my trade by the comments. I was more bothered by the first comment, and then felt ganged up on as I also originally said "I'm open to any loose R7s" and there's a lots of loose R7s that are not worth a CIB Great Escape.

I put most Pirate-Cave artwork v shapes at R4-6 unless they are called "Meatball City" or "Mouse Mania"

I've had V shapes called "Flip Zero", "Gordons Santa" and nuts-brigade, I don't know what they are worth because I just made them up as the bad Taiwanese - English translators did at the time (which is why you've got to love a V-shape ; )

I would say that "Fishing" spelt correctly is a grammatical improbability and on a standard pirate-cave cart with a sea near by, lord only knows.

If is was called fiiiiishing and had a picture of batman i'd give it an R8 ; )

I'm doing it again (it's bed time) I'm in trade on both the Bomb and Activision Protos and happy : ) Jesus i'm having a public V-shape breakdown. (those crazy pictures will do that to you ) but on a serious note there are some great V shapes ; )