IGNORED

Jag games that are too hard, confusing, massive etc.

kevincal

there are some Jag games that I just cant seem to enjoy.

AvP - I love playing the game for fun, but to be serious about beating it as the Marine. Any time I try, I end up walking around for hours lost, looking for damned keycards and weapons. And usually end up dying cus ran out of ammo and health. Im sure this same thing happens to just about everyone else. to be honest if the game didn't feature the popular famous loved aliens and predators, it wouldn't be seen as great of a game as its made out to be. The Predator scenario is good fun , alien game sucks, and marine is only fun for a short time unless you use cheats and walkthroughs.

Dino dudes. Man, that game gets hard in a hurry.

Myst. I feel like you have to have a high IQ to progress in this game. I just cant figure out what to do. I get bored and tired quickly playing it.

dragons lair, space ace, braindead. I LOATHE these games. No fun to be had for me. I cant progress at all and die instantly.

hoverstrike, ya, just cant get into it.

Skyhammer. Feels way overly difficult, complicated and massive. A bit like Marine scenario in AvP. like you have to have the patience of a saint and intelligence of, someone really smart, to progress. So easy to get GAME OVER in this game. Ugh.

Syndicate - Just seems way overly complicated, confusing and slow. Takes forever to get a game started and then it when starts I have NO clue what to do, where to go, what buttons to push. Ya.

Blue Lightning, game is too dang hard.

Towers II - guess im just not a big RPG guy, too hard, too massive. meh.

Brutal sports, fun for awhile but gets extremely difficult in a hurry.

Iron soldier 2 - game is super duper hard even on easy.

• Like 2

I've always had trouble following who's, who in sports games. Outside of Baseball that is. Too many characters on screen and forget it. NBA Jam was a god send for me and even that can get hairy at times. :lol:

Other than that, I'm with you on the open environment type of games and sadly, that includes the likes of AvP, Towers, Skyhammer, etc. Really boils down to your level of interest with some of this. I just don't have the patience or tolerance to play these types of games. I like to think video games are supposed to be fun, but wandering around, trying to do things in real time is more arduous than anything else IMO. Doesn't mean I can't enjoy these particular games for short stints, but also explains why I almost never complete or finish these games. :lol:

I've always had trouble following who's, who in sports games. Outside of Baseball that is. Too many characters on screen and forget it. NBA Jam was a god send for me and even that can get hairy at times. :lol:

Other than that, I'm with you on the open environment type of games and sadly, that includes the likes of AvP, Towers, Skyhammer, etc. Really boils down to your level of interest with some of this. I just don't have the patience or tolerance to play these types of games. I like to think video games are supposed to be fun, but wandering around, trying to do things in real time is more arduous than anything else IMO. Doesn't mean I can't enjoy these particular games for short stints, but also explains why I almost never complete or finish these games. :lol:

Ya open environments are cool and all, but sometimes too much patience is required! I HATE being lost in a game. I even had this problem with Zelda Ocarina of time, supposedly the best game ever, I became bored with it......

Battlemorph levels can be confusing later on in the game, but it's so cool, I keep going.

I know, most say Battlemorph is better than Cybermorph but BM to me is a little too huge and daunting.

Theme Park- I want to like this game but just more complicated/difficult than it needs to be.

Rayman- I enjoy parts of the game, but others are eternally frustrating. Doesn't have the flow to it and fun factor that later installments have.

Zool 2- I've tried hard to like this game. Just doesn't control all that well and not fun.

AvP- I really need to give this game more play time, but it's just too damn easy to get lost and die.

Brutal Sports Football- Hard to see what the hell is going on on the field, and fast too!!!

Dino Dudes- For me, just not worth the effort. It's just not a FUN game. Sold this one, and never want to see it again.

I really do like Hoverstrike, Cybermorph, and Battlemorph. As well as I-War. I realize the later levels get hard as hell, but for me the juice is worth the squeeze. Myst I will admit would not be playable for me without a strategy guide...

• Like 1

Theme Park- I want to like this game but just more complicated/difficult than it needs to be.

Rayman- I enjoy parts of the game, but others are eternally frustrating. Doesn't have the flow to it and fun factor that later installments have.

Zool 2- I've tried hard to like this game. Just doesn't control all that well and not fun.

AvP- I really need to give this game more play time, but it's just too damn easy to get lost and die.

Brutal Sports Football- Hard to see what the hell is going on on the field, and fast too!!!

Dino Dudes- For me, just not worth the effort. It's just not a FUN game. Sold this one, and never want to see it again.

I really do like Hoverstrike, Cybermorph, and Battlemorph. As well as I-War. I realize the later levels get hard as hell, but for me the juice is worth the squeeze. Myst I will admit would not be playable for me without a strategy guide...

theme Park, cant get into that AT ALL, or sim city type games in general.

Rayman gets extremely hard and frustrating in later levels.

Zool 2 is also very difficult but not quite as much as rayman and not as long of a game.

AVP I agree the game is insanely massive, always getting lost, then death.

Brutal sports if fun to win against the first few teams but then the opponents start slaughtering you and game over.

Dino Dudes so slow. If only it were faster. And the levels do get hard and confusing very quickly.

I have tried myst many times with no guide, man, its basically impossible. everything is a puzzle or a hint but so vague. no idea what to do, where to go.

AvP - Play Predator first. Gives you a feel for the game. Then get a map of the game and play the Marines.

Dino Dudes - Only played a few levels of that.

Myst-Walked around that a bit....

dragons lair-Sucked in game control

space ace, -Sucked more

braindead-somewhat playable, better than the above two.

hoverstrike-Not bad. CD game is better of course.

Skyhammer-Jaguar Blade runner. :) Yeh a fun game to tool around in. Never got too serious with this one.

Syndicate - A game designed for a PC keyboard played on a controller with a lot of buttons.

Blue Lightning-Hard how?

Towers II - This wasn't hard, it was just boring. The game I BOUGHT only had a few sparse enemies to fight... yawn!

Brutal sports- Fun game. Only difficult if you play past a few rounds when you have to fix up your team. One game is fine.

Iron soldier 2 - A bit hard, like it picks up where Iron Soldier left off in difficulty at the end of that story. (Good thing IS3 was never ported to the Jaguar, that would have been insanely hard with that trend.) ;)

theme Park-Fun if you have a lot of patience. For me patience was giving it to my friend's kid to play. :)

Rayman- Is fun.. then you have to outrun that stupid larger sticker which I never could get past.

Zool 2- Is basically Sonic for the Jaguar. And as I've been finding out the best version of Zool out there. Just give it time.

So no one torching the Bubster? :P

It's a game with a steep learning curve and hard at first but versatile controls once you get used to it.

Played it for years, can whip through a 15 level game in like 45 minutes now.

Demonstration of what is possible after some time playing the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNHlQClNYv8

Edited by doctorclu
  • Like 1

My thoughts on some of the games mentioned:

Alien vs. Predator- I have completed the game with the Predator and have come very close with the Colonial Marine. Unfortunately the save does not help very much since all the enemies come back. I have never been able to get very far as the Alien.

Evolution: Dino Dudes- I have completed all 80 levels in one sitting. I love this game. Although there are some levels on hard that I am not sure are possible.

Dragon's Lair- Finished it.

Space Ace-Have not finished it, but I have got pretty close to the end I believe.

Towers II- I beat this one again recently. I wrote my own walkthrough for it.

Rayman- I have no problem beating this game. I am in the process of writing a very detailed and long walkthrough for it and I have aspirations of speedrunning it.

Bubsy in: Fractured Furry Tales- I have defeated the lobster boss just once in my life. In an attempt to beat the game in one sitting I threw about 40 lives at him and could not get past him.

Iron Soldier II- I have beaten the game, but probably only on easy.

Theme Park- I have made parks in a little over half of the locations. One day I would like to have built a park in every location.

Syndicate- I have tried to get into this a couple of times and have not advanced very far.

Braindead 13- I have never made it very far in this one.

Edited by jeremiahjt

Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, Braindead 13. Even with the complete walkthrough, I just can't seem to find the right timing to press the joypad in the direction as noted in the walkthrough. The controls are just too hard.

Attack of the Mutant Penguins. My god...I can't even get passed the first level because it gets overwhelming very quickly. I gave up after too many tries.

The problem with most Jaguar games is that their isn't any tutorial in the beginning to show you what to do, where to go, what buttons do what.....your just dropped in a world and you need to figure stuff out on your own.

And that's one of the reasons I love classic gaming! Absolutely despise forced training modes and in-game tutorials common in most of today's "games". :mad:

• Like 1

there are some Jag games that I just cant seem to enjoy.

AvP - I love playing the game for fun, but to be serious about beating it as the Marine. Any time I try, I end up walking around for hours lost, looking for damned keycards and weapons. And usually end up dying cus ran out of ammo and health. Im sure this same thing happens to just about everyone else. to be honest if the game didn't feature the popular famous loved aliens and predators, it wouldn't be seen as great of a game as its made out to be. The Predator scenario is good fun , alien game sucks, and marine is only fun for a short time unless you use cheats and walkthroughs.

Dino dudes. Man, that game gets hard in a hurry.

Myst. I feel like you have to have a high IQ to progress in this game. I just cant figure out what to do. I get bored and tired quickly playing it.

dragons lair, space ace, braindead. I LOATHE these games. No fun to be had for me. I cant progress at all and die instantly.

hoverstrike, ya, just cant get into it.

Skyhammer. Feels way overly difficult, complicated and massive. A bit like Marine scenario in AvP. like you have to have the patience of a saint and intelligence of, someone really smart, to progress. So easy to get GAME OVER in this game. Ugh.

Syndicate - Just seems way overly complicated, confusing and slow. Takes forever to get a game started and then it when starts I have NO clue what to do, where to go, what buttons to push. Ya.

Blue Lightning, game is too dang hard.

Towers II - guess im just not a big RPG guy, too hard, too massive. meh.

Brutal sports, fun for awhile but gets extremely difficult in a hurry.

Iron soldier 2 - game is super duper hard even on easy.

AvP - IIRC clues to some security card locations can be found in the computers, turn on the map it may help in regard to getting lost, one of the early security cards is in a room only accessible via air ducts, the 10th is a arse to get.

Dino Dudes - can be difficult to find a solution to some levels without enough dudes and some switches can be hard to see but it exercises the brain.

Syndicate - using an overlay may help with buttons, been a while sine I played but IIRC you can use map at the briefing stage to see where your objectives are and IIRC there is a direction indicator of sorts in the game. Use cars to get around faster although the do blow up quickly when shot so beware traffic lights and try to pick routes that avoid enemy agents wherever possible.

Can take a while to find the right route/sequence of events to finish a missions, some countries harder or impossible to get if agents do not have certain upgrades.

Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, Braindead 13. Even with the complete walkthrough, I just can't seem to find the right timing to press the joypad in the direction as noted in the walkthrough. The controls are just too hard.

Attack of the Mutant Penguins. My god...I can't even get passed the first level because it gets overwhelming very quickly. I gave up after too many tries.

I quite like Attack of the Mutant Penguins, particularly the bonus rounds. Can be a little difficult to hit the target sometimes and can get a little manic but is quite fun. I also think you have to have the right character for each level as some seem easier with one than the other.

1 ) Collect gremilins and use them on chests to get (pan or bat) letter ASAP

2 ) Use gremlins to keep key machines going (those that protect one path to the Doomscale) a much as you can so you can concentrate effort elsewhere.

3 ) Try to whack the penguins before they reach the mutator

4 ) Enjoy beating the hell out of Penguins with a frying pan

Game I find difficult are Braindead 13 and Baldies, seems to take hours to get anywhere.

And that's one of the reasons I love classic gaming! Absolutely despise forced training modes and in-game tutorials common in most of today's "games". :mad:

Yeah, let me use my brain to figure it out, that's half the fun. That, and I can take it upon myself to RTFM if I truly have problems in the beginning. :thumbsup: