IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - August 1st 2014

Pixelboy

Hello ColecoVision fans!

Welcome to another juicy Team Pixelboy News Bulletin! :D Without further ado, let's get to it!

NEXT RELEASES

As I indicated a couple of months ago in a previous news bulletin, Joust will be released at the Classic Gaming Expo in Las Vegas, in September. The boxes, manuals and cart labels are ready, all I'm missing is the cartridge electronics. I should remind everyone that this version of Joust has all the sound effects and also a proper title screen, so it's a full-featured release, same as all other Team Pixelboy releases.

Those who will not attend the Classic Gaming Expo will not have to wait very long to get their copy of Joust, as I will release the game in October, along with Subroc Super Game and The Goonies. I'm not certain of the exact date yet (it depends on several manufacturing factors) but I'm aiming for October.

Three more games will be released on Christmas Day, namely Knightmare, TwinBee and Jewel Panic. I'm hoping to release Front Line SCE as well during that time frame (if not October, then Christmas). Ghostbusters and Boxxle will be released in March 2015, if all goes well. Eduardo Mello has not started the work on porting The Stone of Wisdom and Spelunker yet, so for now I prefer not to place a tentative release date on those two games. They will likely be released in 2015, that much is fairly certain.

Quick note: I updated teampixelboy.com will the latest status updates for all the upcoming games.

ABOUT THE SECOND RUN OF SUPER GAME MODULES

A couple of days ago, Eduardo Mello announced that November was his target month for shipping the second run of Super Game Modules. This works out well for me, because if Eduardo ships the new batch of SGMs in November and most of the customers receive their order in early December, then these people will likely contact me to order some SGM games, including my past games like Dragon's Lair. What I will do is build up a list of pre-orders for those games, and in January 2015, I will get the ball rolling on making new copies of all the SGM games according to the demand.

I should also mention that for the October and Christmas releases which I outlined above, I will only produce 100 copies of each game initially. But don't worry, I will produce more copies of all these games in early 2015, together with new copies of the older SGM games.

THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH GOOD DEAL GAMES

I would like to use this opportunity to inform everyone that I recently shipped a new batch of Battle of Hoth to Good Deal Games. This is the last batch I will ever produce for this game, but I should also mention that I have two available copies of Battle of Hoth for sale on my end. Once those two copies are sold, Battle of Hoth will be permanently sold out, and Good Deal Games will be the only place (aside from the occasional eBay auction) where you can purchase the game.

I also have one single copy left of The Black Onyx, if anyone here is interested. This game will be permanently sold out as well after this last copy has been sold.

ENTER THE COLECOVISION FLASHBACK

It's with great pleasure that I can now announce that four Team Pixelboy games will be part of the lineup of AtGames' ColecoVision Flashback console: Princess Quest, Mecha-8, Module Man, and also Destructor SCE. It should be noted that the version of Mecha-8 included in the CV Flashback does not offer SGM-enhanced sounds, but it's really no big deal, as the "standard" music and sound effects are very good.

NEW COPIES OF OLD GAMES...?

I was browsing through my stuff today, and I found a handful of unused Girl's Garden boxes, 10 of them to be exact. I also found a few remaining boxes for other games like Bank Panic, Konami's Ping-Pong, etc. and it seems like a waste to just throw them away. I'm wondering if there's any potential demand for these. For Girl's Garden, I would be using standard black cartridges, not light pink ones. If you'd be interested in any past Team Pixelboy games, please post your interest in this forum thread, and I will consider your request. No promises though, right now I'm just considering the possibility...

This concludes this Team Pixelboy News Bulletin. We now return you to your regular forums activities. :)

• Like 15

NEW COPIES OF OLD GAMES...?

I was browsing through my stuff today, and I found a handful of unused Girl's Garden boxes, 10 of them to be exact. I also found a few remaining boxes for other games like Bank Panic, Konami's Ping-Pong, etc. and it seems like a waste to just throw them away. I'm wondering if there's any potential demand for these. For Girl's Garden, I would be using standard black cartridges, not light pink ones. If you'd be interested in any past Team Pixelboy games, please post your interest in this forum thread, and I will consider your request. No promises though, right now I'm just considering the possibility...

I think you mean, "Limited edition standard black cartridges." :P

• Like 2

NEXT RELEASES

Three more games will be released on Christmas Day, namely Knightmare, TwinBee and Jewel Panic. I'm hoping to release Front Line SCE as well during that time frame (if not October, then Christmas). Ghostbusters and Boxxle will be released in March 2015, if all goes well. Eduardo Mello has not started the work on porting The

So will the update to bejeweled still have DB's picture in it?

bejeweledsc1.jpg

Here's a list of the unused boxes I found, just so everyone can be aware of exactly what I have to offer:

- Girl's Garden : 10 boxes

- Peek-a-boo : 10 boxes

- Track & Field : 14 boxes

- Pitfall II Arcade : 23 boxes

- Destructor SCE : 23 boxes

- Star Force : 4 boxes

- Ninja Princess : 20 boxes

- Golgo 13 : 7 boxes

- Bank Panic : 9 boxes

- Konami's Ping-Pong : 9 boxes

- Princess Quest : 5 boxes

- Wonder Boy : 48 boxes

- Mopiranger : 60 boxes

- Module Man : 4 boxes

- The Black Onyx : 80 boxes

I also have lots of SGM game boxes, but those I'm keeping for the second run of SGMs. ;)

My contact in Germany probably has more Module Man boxes stashed somewhere in his house. I'll check with him if he has any Circus Charlie boxes left.

EDIT: If I do a small run of Princess Quest, they will come in black carts, just like Girl's Garden.

• Like 1

do you have any more SGM's or are you going to be starting another run of them. I submitted my email address on the website

but never got a response and I guess I missed out on the second run.

That's a question you need to ask to Eduardo. Team Pixelboy and Opcode Games are two different publishers. I just publish SGM games, I'm not involved with sales of the SGM itself.

So I hate to sound stupid, but I don't know how much your games are going for.

In particular, Peek-A-Boo.

Thanks!

PM sent.

As I write this, I have 4 requests for Girl's Garden, 4 requests for Peek-a-boo, 2 requests for Module Man, and the other games have at least one request attached to them. Pretty good so far. :)

BTW, Luc has forgot to mention that the first 100 copies of Mecha-8 are sold out, but he is keeping a list for next batch due very soon :)

In case someone has been living in a cave, Mecha-8 is a SHMUP with 6 levels, 6 bosses, tons of enemies, story, and two different endings.

This 128K Megacart game DOESN'T need the Super Game Module to work, but if you have one, it will show the SGM message in the upper right corner of title screen and it will use it to enhance instruments for music and getting echo for sound effects, giving an arcade feeling ;)

BTW, I'm in love with the box artwork of this game. :lust:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsAUDZpJc0A

• Like 1