IGNORED

Glacier Patrol - Telegames Value?

acromite53

I would say loose carts should lose ( sorry for the "pun" :grin: ) at least "1 point" from their rarity value, which has been intended for a "CIB" one.

And, if I could say, it should be better to add 1 point for the "NIB"+sealed (SIB ? ;) ), even if it already is a R10 (although find a "SIB" R10 is so difficult as to find a Minshara-class planet in our galaxy...) !

• Like 1

For what it's worth, I sold NTSC Glacier Patrol and Universal Chaos together, carts and manuals only, a few years ago for $300.

Cool. Thanks for the reply. I have an opportunity to buy a lot of Atari games that happens to have Glacier Patrol and Universal Chaos. It also comes with a bunch of other Telegames games on 2600 such as a CIB Kung Fu Super Sidekicks and more. I'm not sure if it's worth the drive to go get them though. Any thoughts?

Cool. Thanks for the reply. I have an opportunity to buy a lot of Atari games that happens to have Glacier Patrol and Universal Chaos. It also comes with a bunch of other Telegames games on 2600 such as a CIB Kung Fu Super Sidekicks and more. I'm not sure if it's worth the drive to go get them though. Any thoughts?

For what it's worth, I sold NTSC Glacier Patrol and Universal Chaos together, carts and manuals only, a few years ago for $300.

How expensive is gas over there? :?

I'll drive 30 minutes to pick up a big lot of common carts for 50 cents a piece. So - unless your car gets 0.01MPG, IT'S WORTH THE DRIVE.

Seriously, for what you describe I'd probably be doing a weekend trip, including driving, hotel, etc. Unless the lot is selling for like $500. But if you're only wondering if it's "worth the drive"?? HELL YES. You got me real curious how much it's selling for, when you're debating a whole 30 minute drive.

Maybe it's my Canuck sensibility, when the nearest town/city is always an hour or 3 away. We're just used to driving further for stuff.

Mine is certainly PAL.
One little particular (besides speed and "stretched" screen) that makes the difference is the green of the "warp nacelles" coupler of the spaceship (sorry for the bad pic...).
Watchin' on the NTSC TIA palette it corresponds to the 2-B or 2-C while on the PAL one is the 0-5 or the 2-5...

If it was a NTSC Glacier I probably should have seen a PURPLE instead of the green ( the same 0-5 or 2-5 position on the NTSC palette... ) !Macs_GlacierPatrol.jpg

Edited by macdlsa