IGNORED

Homebrew Games like this just piss me off

PDog

So long as it's economical, I like the idea of having choices when it comes to some of these releases. Like what was done with Old School. You want just the cart or CIB? And if you change your mind later, nice that the option to purchase the box, manual and overlays exists.

Call me old school, but when I have strong opinions about something so much that it "pisses me off", I go directly to the source and share my views in a constructive professional manner. I don't go on a public forum for others to see...doesn't do anybody any good, and doesn't help us at all.

Look, please understand we are not money grubbing monsters that a few have portrayed us as being. If you guys don't like the game, then don't buy it...it's as simple as that. We all have invested a lot of time and money into this project and understand it's not for everyone. Our track record for quality games and products over the years speak for themselves. Looking back on it I should have showed the harder setting, because the game does get much more challenging then the only 3 minutes I shared. It's hard to judge something without knowing the whole story or playing the game yourself.

• Like 7

I did go directly to the source, your YouTube video, and you ignored me and most everyone else who questioned the pricing and quality of the game. Someone even made a great suggestion that you ignored: Release the ROM for free to show everyone you're about the gamers and not the money, but still sell the boxed game for those die-hard collectors wanting to pay the $72, and trust me there's no shortage of them.

I did go directly to the source, your YouTube video, and you ignored me and most everyone else who questioned the pricing and quality of the game. Someone even made a great suggestion that you ignored: Release the ROM for free to show everyone you're about the gamers and not the money, but still sell the boxed game for those die-hard collectors wanting to pay the $72, and trust me there's no shortage of them.

I am a die hard gamer and am willing to pay for a CIB version of all games for the Intellivision.

I believe maybe for those who just want to play the game the ROM could be sold at a reasonable price, why should anyone get it for free after someone spent the time to work on it?

I appreciate that these games are being released and transferred to the Intellivision. Thank you Collectorvision for this! ;-)

• Like 1

I am a die hard gamer and am willing to pay for a CIB version of all games for the Intellivision.

I believe maybe for those who just want to play the game the ROM could be sold at a reasonable price, why should anyone get it for free after someone spent the time to work on it?

I appreciate that these games are being released and transferred to the Intellivision. Thank you Collectorvision for this! ;-)

We always give the roms freely when all the copies are sold :)

Talking about that, we're about to put more games for download on our website

• Like 4

The reason for the price increase has been explained as so many of the incorrect boxes were made and bills needed to be paid. That's all well and good, but the fact is, they're passing that liability on to the consumer because they know many people will pay it. Hence, there is truth to the sentiment that home-brews keep climbing in price.

So what? Why should they lose money for making the game for the players and collectors?

Just as any other company or business the cost will always be passed on to the consumer or the consumer will never see the product.

It may suck a little, but it is a fact. A small amount to us would have been a large and maybe unrecoverable hit for them.

I choose to buy the games and am thankful they are coming. remain positive......

This is excellent news! I'm surprised Gamester81 said nothing about that when it was asked a few days ago. What exactly is his role besides posting it on YouTube? Anyways, regardless that is very good of you to make it free!

This is excellent news! I'm surprised Gamester81 said nothing about that when it was asked a few days ago. What exactly is his role besides posting it on YouTube? Anyways, regardless that is very good of you to make it free!

So, I see that the crux of your problem is that you only like games when they are free of charge. That said, I would have to guess that you have many things "piss you off" on a daily basis in life. I certainly don't work for free…I can't see why homebrewers should be any different. :roll:

• Like 5

This is excellent news! I'm surprised Gamester81 said nothing about that when it was asked a few days ago.

He must presume people would figure it out as we always give our roms freely after all copies are sold

Maybe it should have been mentioned, our mistake, sorry about that

What exactly is his role besides posting it on YouTube?

John is now taking care of our videos because Toby and I suck at making videos

He also help us with creations, ideas , suggestions etc..

• Like 1

So, I see that the crux of your problem is that you only like games when they are free of charge. That said, I would have to guess that you have many things "piss you off" on a daily basis in life. I certainly don't work for free…I can't see why homebrewers should be any different. :roll:

I think I speak for most of the naysayers that we had several issues with the game and the price was one of them. If the game is free, then it doesn't matter how bad or simple it is, it's free, hard to complain about a free game... I come from a Commodore background where most homebrews are top quality and free so I guess I'm a bit spoiled. Off-topic, I love you avatar.

I think I speak for most of the naysayers that we had several issues with the game and the price was one of them. If the game is free, then it doesn't matter how bad or simple it is, it's free, hard to complain about a free game... I come from a Commodore background where most homebrews are top quality and free so I guess I'm a bit spoiled. Off-topic, I love you avatar.

Why do I get the feeling that you'd manage to find a way?

And, WHAT should the price be, approximately?

• Like 1

The thing that everyone seems to be missing here is the need to "fly under the radar" when it comes to developing games that use characters, etc. which are actively protected by their rights holders. Anything to do with Peyo and Nintendo are an utter no brainer as far as not going "overly" public with it or better yet, working strictly from a contact list where emails are sent directly to prospective purchasers. Seeing as this is one of CollectorVision's first Inty games, I'm sure they don't have a list of customers to work from, but other Inty Homebrewers could have been approached and asked for this customer info.

It's a huge and expensive lesson to learn, but hopefully all those materials that were already made can still be put to good use if you know what I mean. Quietly! ;)

Hmm, the original poster really changed his tune once it was mentioned that the Sydney rom image would be shared freely once all CIBs have been sold. Pretty damn typical. :thumbsdown:

• Like 2

http://youtu.be/L_bulqAxkMc

It's really making me lose faith in the homebrew scene which used to be a labor of love for the developers (and thankfully still is for many) but then we have guys like this, asking $72 (after shipping) for a half-assed, rushed game. Worst of all it looks like dozens of people have already pre-ordered it!

http://atariage.com/forums/forum/29-homebrew-discussion/

I get literally hundreds of comments a day on all my videos and it's very difficult to keep up with what everyone says unfortunately. What I meant by "Direct" was a personal message, and again not in an open forum or area that others read. I try to do my best with responding to comments, but sometimes comments get overlooked unintentionally. The best way to get ahold of me is either through email, or PM me on AA. I looked through my comments on this video and I didn't see anything from "PDog", so your username must be different on YouTube. The few comments that i did read were negative and not constructive and I'm not sure how I'm expected to reply to comments that come across as hurtful and bitter. I'm not the one for arguing with anyone because some people have their mind made up no matter what I say in response. I'm glad that now you know the game will be released for free at some point you're happy. :)

• Like 2

Free is great, but considering this thread maybe your ROMs should be sold (with imbedded buyer info) like Carl Mueller Jr is doing right now.

As great as the LTO Flash! is, I feel that it will only bring out more people that complain about CIB releases, whatever the price.

Free is great, but considering this thread maybe your ROMs should be sold (with imbedded buyer info) like Carl Mueller Jr is doing right now.

As great as the LTO Flash! is, I feel that it will only bring out more people that complain about CIB releases, whatever the price.

Nah, we're going to keep giving them for free :)

• Like 2

Call me old school, but when I have strong opinions about something so much that it "pisses me off", I go directly to the source and share my views in a constructive professional manner. I don't go on a public forum for others to see...doesn't do anybody any good, and doesn't help us at all.

Look, please understand we are not money grubbing monsters that a few have portrayed us as being. If you guys don't like the game, then don't buy it...it's as simple as that. We all have invested a lot of time and money into this project and understand it's not for everyone. Our track record for quality games and products over the years speak for themselves. Looking back on it I should have showed the harder setting, because the game does get much more challenging then the only 3 minutes I shared. It's hard to judge something without knowing the whole story or playing the game yourself.

The amount of reason and sense per capita in this post has just caused a supernova in a distant solar system.

• Like 1

So, PDog, what other issues do you have with the Gamester81 game?

Where can you buy 3 2600 homebrews, boxed with manuals,for only 70$? Tell me because I'll be interested.

KC! :)

But it's a commemorative release and I wanted to match the prices on my games from 30 years ago - comes with a retro flyer (magasine ad) from bitd with retro games and software for the CoCo :)

Price goes up next year :)

I think this port of Smurfs for the Inty looks and sounds awesome with the in-game music! :)

There are plenty of free homebrews, no one should be sore at the dev team because they are charging or the ROM isn't free.

• Like 1