IGNORED

My Collection: 2014

Saturn

@ Saturn,

Have you played those Battlespheres and Aircars with a multiplayer network?

If so, with how many players?

Yes, both. Had a 3 way network of Battlesphere once. It was the coolest looking thing to see my ship approaching through the next console's monitor.. then blowing the crap out of their ship and watching them get prompted to re-join :P

Had 2 Aircars' setup a few times (initially because of Stone's recommendation back in the day). He said it was the funniest display ever and he was right. Too many times I was laughing at the graphics of another player's aircar speeding past my 'camera'. It looked ridiculous. We'd always end up parking one aircar somewhere, usually at an angle on a hill side and have the other one attempt our own versions of "Insane Jumps" a la GTA.

Never had more than two networked to my recollection. May be something to strive for though :)

Edited by Saturn

Here are some up close shots. The black and white magazine was full of info and cheat codes for a few games. I don't remember exactly where I got it but I'm thinking it was from Carl @ Songbird. Anyway, I'd never opened it until today to take these pics :)

The B&W mag is "The Jungle Guide" and was definitely from Songbird, I remember because I did the design/page layout for it :D

It was followed up by issue 2 with a full color cover. Details here: http://songbird-productions.com/jungle.shtml

Excellent collection my man!

Edited by K3V

Awesome!! Thank you for the info and link.

Was about to grab the 2nd one but doesn't look like it's available on the ordering page.

So far I'm still missing my 4mb Alpine, 2 coffee mugs and a few other things including another rental case w/ full unit inside but this'll work.

Thanks for the props :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered IS2 cart from the GOAT Store on August 12. The only one they had (or that I've seen reasonably priced anywhere lately). CIB Just arrived Saturday. Spent about 6 hrs playing yesterday. Never had the cart before so that's one more item down :P

post-2188-0-25833300-1408973966_thumb.jpg

Ordered IS2 cart from the GOAT Store on August 12. The only one they had (or that I've seen reasonably priced anywhere lately). CIB Just arrived Saturday. Spent about 6 hrs playing yesterday. Never had the cart before so that's one more item down :P

Truly amazing game. Even more so when you see that being output from a cart on the Jag.

Hard as nails though :P

• Like 1

Yes it is! Played one of the missions (can't remember the name atm) to protect a convoy several times before putting in God Mode cheats and still failing miserably. Guess that Insane difficulty level wasn't good to start off with after not playing for so long. Still, I felt better knowing my CD unit wasn't spinning endlessly. Always wanted the cart but never found a decent deal. It's one of the best games on the Jaguar, imo and I'm always considering what I'm/we're going to do if that last CD unit tanks :0

Hopefully, there'll be a nice replacement by then or emulation will make it possible to completely enjoy the 13 original titles :)

EDIT:

For my own reference :cool:

God Mode:

Play as alternate Iron Soldier:

Edited by Saturn

The red/black would be the first edition.

Actually the silver label is the first run since I've owned mine since 1997 and originally ordered it from telegames TX. The second variation is the dark navy blue w/ IS2 logo. I'm pretty sure the currently black and red font label is the most recent variant since there were many complaints from owners over the silver (ugly silver label that exposes the screws) and blue labels. (Not matching the rest of the telegames black labels) Looks like Telegames UK (Peter) took notice of these complaints and finally released a black label version of IS2 cart :)

Actually the silver label is the first run since I've owned mine since 1997 and originally ordered it from telegames TX. The second variation is the dark navy blue w/ IS2 logo. I'm pretty sure the currently black and red font label is the most recent variant since there were many complaints from owners over the silver (ugly silver label that exposes the screws) and blue labels. (Not matching the rest of the telegames black labels) Looks like Telegames UK (Peter) took notice of these complaints and finally released a black label version of IS2 cart :)

The newest variant is the full color label. The black/red type matches all the other Telegames releases, which I have. Zero 5, Breakout 2000, Towers II, Brutal Football, and Worms all have the black /red variant. A few of those were sold at retail in stores in 1996 and have the black/red label. Actually the only Telegames cart I have with a full color art is Sensible Soccer.

You may be right though, I'm not going to press it. I seem to remember people complaining about the generic labels, it's just that I haven't seen the other games with the generic black/white label other than IS2.

Edited by Nuclear Pacman

The original IS2 cart release did have the small black and silver label which only covered one screw. Since then, I have seen a mix of black-on-silver and red-on-black, and now the full color label is the most recent but I still see some of the others in my inventory refreshes. I think I have 2 left in stock at the Songbird store currently. :)

• Like 1

The original IS2 cart release did have the small black and silver label which only covered one screw. Since then, I have seen a mix of black-on-silver and red-on-black, and now the full color label is the most recent but I still see some of the others in my inventory refreshes. I think I have 2 left in stock at the Songbird store currently. :)

If you have this IS2 version, I'll buy one of your last two right now.

8392504173_30c165c2b8_h.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked, and I have one of the black-on-silver and a couple of the red-on-black. I have had the full color one before, but it wasn't in the most recent shipment. I would expect I'll have more by Christmas.

Please post if/when you do. Would like to have this version.. er, sticker. :)

Just got these from Crazy Climber!

post-2188-0-80194200-1410026665_thumb.jpgpost-2188-0-50796800-1410026673_thumb.jpg

Really like the prototype AA sign too! Thanks a million, CC :cool:

• Like 2

Very nice!! Are these still for sale ?

I'm not certain. I was under the impression parts were getting slim for the keychain holder and mine could possibly be the last one. Had no clue the AA logo was going to be included but seems to me that this was just the beginnig on that piece. I saw the keychain ad in his sig and pounced on it.

Maybe hit him up

• Like 1