IGNORED

What 2600 originals owned before restarting collection?

iesposta

I had a Defender and an E.T. cartridge, an Arcadia Supercharger by Starpath, the ball and the grip from a Wico 3-way (still haven't found a replacement 3-way Wico), and an Expansion Module #1 (2600 module) for ColecoVision.

Right before getting the collecting bug, I had trashed a bunch of Atari 8-bit computer magazines and books and a broken, fried by me, 800XL.

I am still positive I have my Starpath Supercharger cassettes somewhere, along with my Intellivision 2 console, but I haven't found them in the basement yet.

I started actively collecting back in 1993, so before that I had kept all my Atari 2600 carts (maybe 30 or so, loose carts & manuals), my Colecovision console with VCS expansion module and about 45 or so loose (with manuals) CV carts, and my Vectrex with Scramble CIB.

If only I hadn't moved a few times and had given up a storage unit...

I also have my original Vectrex, light pen, artmaster, animaction, polar rescue with cut up overlay, Star Trek w/box.

I think that was it for original.

The next thing I purchased was Sean Kelly's Vectrex Multicart in 1999.

Still had the Odyssey 1, Vic 20, C64 (with of course all games and accessories) and probably the NES by the time I finally went "hey, 2600 stuff is cheap and I remember playing all this!". 1989-90. There was a weird store where I lived that sold comics, records - and video games of literally every type (all of 2 generations at that time, really). I still have a few carts with the prices from back then. It sure was weird to see a store selling 10 year old games back then - or hell, used games, period. Not so much today.

Of course I had zero clue what was rare, so I just re-bought Missile Command, Yars', Asteroids, Warlords, etc. The obvious choices. And most expensive as they were the most popular even at that point. They probably had a ton of rarity 7-8 stuff sitting there for a buck.

Found Q-Bert, Grand Prix and Time Race in a drawer while sorting stuff in my parents' house in Nov 2012. Caught the virus, and these three are now the core of a 180-games 2600 collection, and also a few dozen each of NES, SNES, SMS and Mega Drive. A Philips G7000 (aka Odyssey II) will soon be joining the force if I can repair it.

Edited by karokoenig

• 1 month later...

trying to remember which carts i had when i was in my footie pajamas on the old console tv probably less than 20

combat

airsea battle

superman

river raid

night driver

superbreakout

defender

pacman

missile command

centipede

joust i remember fighting my brother cause he called it joist

ooh i got spitfire attack and the controller for my birthday (broke the controller in 3 days)

berzerk

moon patrol (i loved the song)

stampeed

pole position

empire strikes back

adventure

moonsweeper

plaque attack