IGNORED

Vectrex Controller Help.

oneupgamer

Hi, I recently got a good deal on an original GEC model Vectrex system. It's in amazing condition, and works great. But there is one issue. When I play the built in Game Mine Storm (I do not have any other games yet) moving the stick LEFT will make me spin RIGHT endlessly until I move the stick RIGHT to stop it, rather then turn me LEFT. Moving the stick right works perfect, and the buttons are fine, but what can I do about the controller? Is the problem even with my controler or the system? What is wrong? What can I do? Oh a and it would probably help to add that I hear a little rattel inside the controller when I pick it up. PLEASE HELP ME OUT!

Each axis has a small metal clip that was used to allow the stick to spring back to center. Could be one broke. They can be fixed with paper clips I think, but opening the controller is a big pain. You have to heat up the overlay, and take it off to get at the screws.

Ya I looked into that. I was just hoping there could be another option. But if the clip for the left is broken why does it still register as right on the system?

Ya I looked into that. I was just hoping there could be another option. But if the clip for the left is broken why does it still register as right on the system?

More than likely the stick is bad. I have one where it will not register down on the stick unless I hold it upside down.

More than likely the stick is bad. I have one where it will not register down on the stick unless I hold it upside down.

Ah, Well I'll look into getting it repaired or replaced. It's too rare a thing for me to have the guts to open it. Even without the full range of movement though. Mine Storm is still incredibly fun!

Each axis has a small metal clip that was used to allow the stick to spring back to center. Could be one broke. They can be fixed with paper clips I think, but opening the controller is a big pain. You have to heat up the overlay, and take it off to get at the screws.

the springs can be fixed using cut down springs out of a a2600 cart with sliding mechanism. I used a pac-man cart as doner for the spring.

• Like 2