IGNORED

Elansar & Yopaz IceStar, 2 new games available for Jaguar CD !

Orion_

Waiting to get my Fireball in the mail any day now!!! Elansar and Yopaz are a bonus too :)

Orion I think a platformer would be an awesome next game. Lets make the 7800 crowd jealous, with their "Bentley Bear and the Crystal Quest....Pshh. (totally buying that too lol.)

Edited by travistouchdown

Waiting to get my Fireball in the mail any day now!!! Elansar and Yopaz are a bonus too :)

Orion I think a platformer would be an awesome next game. Lets make the 7800 crowd jealous, with their "Bentley Bear and the Crystal Quest....Pshh. (totally buying that too lol.)

I have an idea for a game called Jaguar Collector. It semi mirrors the real life journey of being an avid Jag collector. Lack of funds, being outbid via snipe, JacCD unit(s) suddenly failing to function anymore lol.

J/k about that but the real idea goes:

Game starts with a Native Demo type stage & boss battle a la Castlevania SotN/Bloodlines to determine how 'well off' you are. The better you do, the easier it is to make money later for the collection.

To represent weekly employment, play games of plasma pong against the computer opponent. Best out of 11 (or 5, or 7, etc.) at each set. Wins =cash/weekly pay (undetermined amount, but based on performance from Native type stage.)

Goals are:

1. Build up 2 Jaguar units w/ 2 Jaglinks/Jaglink2's and 2 copies of Doom for network play

2. Acquire 3rd Jaguar unit, 3 Catboxes and 3 copies of AirCars for the extremely rare 'ICD Network'

3. Acquire 4+ Jaguars, 4+ Scatboxes and 4+ copies of Battlesphere w/ (up to) 1/2 mile cabled ScatNet (maxed at 128 units)

4. Easy, medium and hard difficulty levels = the above 3 'goals' (respectively) or set a limit at 8, 32, etc Jaguar units in the network.

Object of the game is to become the greatest collector of all time in the shortest timeframe. Time measured in days or weeks like GTA

If I had any knowledge of coding this would already be well under way :)

• Like 3

TO ALL THE PEOPLE HAVING LOADING PROBLEM WITH YOPAZ, PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL WITH YOUR REAL NAME, (and postal address)

So I can send you another copy of Yopaz as soon as I can.

because I can't correlate your nickname on this forum and your real name.

Thank you

Edited by Orion_
  • Like 1

Update:

I'm also getting the intro Freeze when the camera is about to zoom towards the island. After the freeze, I'm prompt to the intro screen.

As for Yopaz, I'm getting a blank/black screen :( I wish I had better news to report.

^ This is exactly what is happening with my discs as well. I ordered one each Elansar & Topaz Jaguar CDs from Orion_ & one each Elansar & Yopaz: Icestar JagCDs from Console5 - that will teach me to Jaghoard, lol. But I just figured I was adding extra support for this developer, because buying an item is like voting for something, oh well.

I tested both my Elansars on two different good running Jaguar CD players with both K and M 60hz. base Jaguars, unmodified, with and without the B&C Bypass cart, and in all instances (15 to 20 or so attempts w/different configurations) the CDs froze at the same very spot every time -during the intro just about as it starts to zoom into the island, after a small frozen pause then it goes into the gameplay mode. So deduction says its got to be that cinepak clip, I don't know if other cinepaks in the game freeze as I was too busy testing discs.

I tested both my Yopaz: Icestars on two different good running Jaguar CD players with both K and M 60hz. base Jaguars, unmodified, with and without the B&C Bypass cart, and one of them just shows a black screen on all hardware configuration attempts -just will not show anything not even the Orion spiral galaxy/constallation/nebula, but I do get audio. The other Yopaz cd does run sporadically I can get it to boot up about 7 out of 10 times, sometimes it'll boot without the bypass cart plugged in, sometimes it wont and the same with the bypass cart plugged in. Sounds like what zero said in that it will or won't boot depending on the various particular code snippet chunk it tests -idk.

Ok so off now to send Orion_ an email.

Got both in today from console 5. No fireball!!!

LMFAO!

Some of these games work. Some don't. Some seem to work after a few attempts. Some never do. All of Elansar's intro's "crash" half-way through. And who knows about Philia yet as I'm afraid to take it out of the packaging. WTF?

I'm confident Orion_ will make all right sooner or later, but in the meantime, you want my Fireball candy? That too is still in its original shrink-wrap. :lol:

LMFAO!

Some of these games work. Some don't. Some seem to work after a few attempts. Some never do. All of Elansar's intro's "crash" half-way through. And who knows about Philia yet as I'm afraid to take it out of the packaging. WTF?

I'm confident Orion_ will make all right sooner or later, but in the meantime, you want my Fireball candy? That too is still in its original shrink-wrap. :lol:

Lmao! Maybe I got the last fireball lol

About Philia, go ahead and play, my copy works excellent and pretty sure everyone else's has performed ok as well.

After you play through Elansar of course ;)

Glad to see he is working with people to make things right, I appreciate Orion's efforts and continued support of our beloved Jaguar!

Always the eternal optimist :)

Elansar: opening island sequence freezes. No Biggs as it doesn't seem to affect gameplay afterwords.

Yopaz: black screen of death :'(

I seriously dug the beach feel of Elansar!! Felt like I was on a mini vacation!!

Edit: Elansar is awesome...way more fun/playable than Myst!

Edited by travistouchdown
  • Like 2

Got both in today from console 5. No fireball!!!

Nooo! How could this happen! I will sack my shipping department at once! :-D

So, having been recently sacked from the Console5 shipping department, I had some extra time to test the remaining copies of Yopaz and they don't seem to work. To rule out a possible issue with the CDR media or original burning process, I created a CD image & reburned at 1x on a different type of CDR with the same result. I will be suspending sales on Yopaz until a fix has been created.

Edited by FABombjoy
  • Like 2

Never mind people, there's always a positive to these things. At least you'll all have the definitive complete 2-disc edition with working and non-working discs. The truly $$collectible$$ version, just like the early copy of Impusle X! I can picture the eBay listings already... think of a number...

• Like 2

Yes, I was going to try to make a disk image of both Cds with CD Clone and reburn to see if its a problem with the cds/media itself but FABombjoy already did that so, that points to something wrong with the bootcode on Topaz and the cinepak intro movie on Elansar. Kind of puts a damper on this otherwise awesome and rare Jaguar double release :-D, but we don't live in a perfect world :ponder:, that's for sure so hopefully the source of these two problems can be found and corrected. Of course, the Jagcd being so finicky doesn't help at all. Phila, seems to work fine along with the other Jagcd releases in recent Jag history. That Reboot ULS loader on Full Circle: Rocketeer and Kobayashi Maru seem to pop up quickly! ;-)

I think you guys are over exaggerating. All of you will get new copies, and then I'll sell my original copy on eBay as an ultra-rare 1st edition Yopaz Ice Storm and make thousands. You people just need to think big picture.

... and for the record, I would be PISSED if I didn't get my fireball. But I did get my fireball, so I'm happy.

• Like 2

I received my games today. I wish the games used silver bottom cd-r's but it's not a big deal.

Yopaz IceStar

My copy is working great with my JagCD unit. I booted it a number of times and it did not fail a single time. I rarely have issues with my CD unit so I don't know if it is related to the sensitivity of a particular unit or if I just got lucky. Of course, if there is an issue that causes the game to only boot on certain units, I would still want a fixed version were they to go out.

The game is fun. I love the advanced mode. The only issue I have is that on my NTSC CRT television the bottom border of the puzzles is just off the screen. It is close enough that Yopaz is against the edge of the screen when at the bottom. At first I though this wasn't a problem at all but when I got to Advanced level 04 I couldn't figure out the solution. It turned out that a color changer was on the bottom border. Doh!!!

Elansar

Boots fine. The intro video freezes and then jumps to the title screen. I haven't seen any loading issues otherwise though I haven't made it to any other cinematics. I am pleased that the inventory item descriptions are now readable. They are right on the edge of my set, with the bottom of the text going off a bit, but it is readable. With the cartridge version I can't even see text. I don't notice a difference in the image quality between the cart and CD versions but I haven't made a side-by-side comparison. I might do that sometime! Orion, when the game says "Oh my! I seem to be in the wrong game!" (seems to be an easter egg) what is the reference? I'm sure some people would recognize the image but I don't.

Fireball

Got one.