IGNORED

What games from Arcade, C64 & PC would you like to be ported to the 7800

David Alexander

Hi, I am just learning my way around the 7800 scene.

And I used to be more active in the Colecovision scene. But I had not enough time for so many different Consoles.

My main systems are the C64 & Atari 2600 so it just seemed natural when I needed to replace my 2600 to get a 7800.

I really think there's a lot of potential with the 7800 but as I am new I don't know how big the Homebrew base is that would support more homebrew projects.

So I started this thread to put out there what I would like to see done. I really would like to see more classic 80's arcade ports like in the Colecovision scene.

But I also would like to see some multiplayer strategy games like M.U.L.E, that I think was on the 5200 and some classic games like Archon, Mail order Monsters.

Anyway this is just my humble attempt to get the conversation started between 7800 gamers & home brew developers. Thanks to all who contribute.

Altered Beast

It would be wonderful if the 7800 could pull that off decently; however, the port under the SMS is pretty hard to tolerate. The 7800 would be worse. Although meeting and surpassing the Famicom version would be a possibility.

Really though, Altered Beast needs (at least) 16-bit (graphics) hardware - Genesis did great. PC Engine CD was very good too. Still, it's out of the realm of pure/complete 8-bit hardware to be pulled off well.

To throw my 'fantasy C64 to 7800 game' in the mix, it would be Sunday the 15th. Take one of the all-time favorite C64 classic games, fix all the bugs and improve the game play. Highly recommended, especially for C64 Friday the 13th fans; if for some reason you don't know about it - get it.

...Satan's Hollow...

Completes the trinity of non-scrolling shooters I want to see under the 7800 (Phoenix and Gorf are the other two).

When I saw this one of my first thoughts is the player's ship design vaguely represents the dual cannon one from Satan's Hollow...

You never know what the future may bring - or rather, what the talented developers we have in the community may program. ;)

We got a long way to go to be like the intellivision guys and 2600 guys with 25 or so useless threads a day about what color of underwear is worn playing each game

Yeah there is already a half dozen threads just like this. Hell just a couple down there is games that should have been made.

• Like 1

We got a long way to go to be like the intellivision guys and 2600 guys with 25 or so useless threads a day about what color of underwear is worn playing each game

:rolling:

EDIT: seriously though, it just gives that troll, who doesn't even own any Atari system, just another place to post his dribble.

Yeah there is already a half dozen threads just like this. Hell just a couple down there is games that should have been made.

I wore purple Hanes while i was playing Jinks on my 7800 earlier.

What about you?

:)

I would looooooooove to have an Atari 7800 (or even 2600!) version of the Crossroads games from COMPUTE!'s Gazette...those were fantastic games that they gave away...wondering if it's even possible on the Atari hardware...LOTS of detail.

• Like 1

I would looooooooove to have an Atari 7800 (or even 2600!) version of the Crossroads games from COMPUTE!'s Gazette...those were fantastic games that they gave away...wondering if it's even possible on the Atari hardware...LOTS of detail.

What game is that exactly and what Computer system did that come out on?

Is it this game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Ef7Tj1Plk

It would be wonderful if the 7800 could pull that off decently; however, the port under the SMS is pretty hard to tolerate. The 7800 would be worse. Although meeting and surpassing the Famicom version would be a possibility.

I applaud Sega for trying at first by bringing these 16-bit games to the SMS, but games like Altered Beast and Golden Axe are indeed pretty jerky.

• Like 1