IGNORED

must kevincall stop flooding ?

GT Turbo

kevincall must stop flooding ?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Must kevincall stop flooding this forum ?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I totally respect you, Benny. You're a good forum member and I like your posts. So this is in no way be trying to argue with you or tell you that you're wrong.

I will say first that I totally get the people that aren't into KevinCal. He abuses "the anonymity which the internet provides" to lash out at people who disagree with him or call him out for whatever. I think (and he can correct me if he so chooses) that he hates me because I gave him shit a few years back for running multiple (and I mean multiple multiple) sales threads in the marketplace. He PMed me to call me a fat bald loser, I reported him to Al rather than respond, and he got temp-banned. Point is, why is one adult PMing another adult and calling him a fat bald loser? And why is that same guy telling Austin that he needs to "go on a diet". This isn't high school anymore, indeed.

He also had a tantrum when he submitted a score in the NES HSC using a remake of the game with different scoring conventions (He played SMB on the SNES). Again, acting childish, flinging personal insults again (called me an "Asshole" this time and told me that I was "fucked up"). In the 4+ years of running the NES HSC, it's the only thread that I ever had to lock.

Now, that all being said, I agree with the general sentiment of your post. No one needs to log on here to find that someone has created a thread with the specific purpose of criticizing them. That's pretty mean-spirited. Especially when all he was doing was creating more conversation in the only area of the forums that he still seems to be active in.

Maybe the fact that he has as many vocal detractors as he does is what makes him act the way that he does because he feels like his back in against the wall. Maybe his personal problems are too much and he's burdened with extra stress. Maybe he has some kind of mental issue. Maybe his life is as crappy as he says it is, and he comes here to unwind and escape a little bit therefore reacts badly when someone creates a negative experience for him here. I used to really hate the guy, but I'm just too old for that now and I don't care anymore. Frankly, his behavior just makes me sad. Because I bet in person he's probably a half-decent guy. We're both into old games, we both make YouTube videos. Shit, we don't even live that far from each other. And I bet that if we met and I didn't know who he was and he didn't know who I was, we'd probably get along pretty good.

But the thing is, I don't know him in person. All I know of him is what he presents here. And what he presents here is generally pretty negative, and leaves a lasting impression. And although I don't agree with the creation of a thread like this for the reasons that you stated, if he doesn't want to see stuff like this, then he should really take a moment to look at himself and re-evauate the manner in which he chooses to interact with the community.

The worst part of this? Even though I'm being totally sympathetic to the dude, I am completely expecting to get either a vulgar response in this thread, or a hateful PM in my inbox. If he doesn't have me on ignore, that is.

Hit it on the nail.

• Like 1

Anyway, he knows a lot about Jaguar, so that's not flooding, it's providing information about the Jaguar

Yes supercross 3d is unplayable, i love this kind of informations. ....

The Timeline is a good idea, but for others threads.... hum.....

• Like 6

So there is like 10 guys that hate me on Atari Age with a passion and they always gang up on me, making it seem like more people hate me than really do. (for instance if one of them writes a negative comment directed at me, then all the others "LIKE" that comment. Basically gangstalking. By the way, even though I use the "like" system on AA sometimes, I think its rather ridiculous for the most part. Its like ebay; You can like, but you cant dislike on AA, on ebay as a seller, you cant even leave a horrible buyer a negative feedback. I think it sort of distorts reality. As far as why I seem to have many haters, I guess I am just really good at leaving a lasting impression with my enemies. They don't expect the shitstorm that comes their way after making an enemy with me. im gonna try to work on that though. settle down a bit.

This jibbajabba guy. So I play SMB on SNES all stars, spend hours playing it, get a nice high score, post it happily. Doesn't say in the rules it couldn't be used, I figured it was identical to nes original in everything except graphics. But he claims tiny differences and is a dick about not including my score. Even others called him out on it saying the way he handled it was not so cool. So guess what, if someone is a dick to me, I will be a SUPER dick back to them. If someone is nice to me, I will be SUPER nice back to them. that is just the way I roll in life. I never start anything with anyone. I stick to myself, I am super humble and nice and giving. I do so much stuff for free in life and happily. I don't care about money or ego or social status or fitting in. Anyway. Whatever.

And Austin, here is what happened with that dude. I ran the Jag HSC in 2009 and 2010. My mom was dying from cancer during that time and I couldn't handle running it anymore, I asked someone to take over, Austin did, but he was a real dick about it and very disrespectful to me. I dont remember exactly what happened but I just know he really rubbed me the wrong way. the rest is history.

A lot of euro and specific jagware guys don't like me cus I criticized their games back in 2010 or something, saying that I had played freeware games of similar quality many years before. I sided with the old guard Jaguar developers like T Bird and Scavone and some others. I feel the euro guys really rubbed a lot of people the wrong way and forced them out of the Jaguar scene. You jagware guys came on the scene loud and proud like you have been around forever. Anyway, whatever, its cool you have released many games but you gave a bad impression to many people, most of those people now gone from the Jag scene. Oh well, whatever.

In the end im just a guy full of hot air and shit like the rest of us. I guess I have a real problem with conformity at times. and it shows. ive had a lot of bad shit in happen in my life, is why I am the way I am. I try to get over it, but I have the worst luck with reoccurring bad luck in life. You can only do so much in life with the choice of paths you are given.

I still stick by that I never START anything with anyone, but I sure get overly defensive as hell when someone rubs me the wrong way (and they do it purposely, not accidentally). sorry.

By the way before I posted a bunch of topics, this place was rather dead. Its not like im endlessly going to be posting topics week after week. I posted a lot in the last week or so but big deal. Its not like they are stupid topics. mostly the people complaing are the ones that will complain about me no matter what I do or say. If I breathe, they don't like it.

Edited by kevincal
  • Like 1

This jibbajabba guy. So I play SMB on SNES all stars, spend hours playing it, get a nice high score, post it happily. Doesn't say in the rules it couldn't be used, I figured it was identical to nes original in everything except graphics. But he claims tiny differences and is a dick about not including my score. Even others called him out on it saying the way he handled it was not so cool. So guess what, if someone is a dick to me, I will be a SUPER dick back to them. If someone is nice to me, I will be SUPER nice back to them. that is just the way I roll in life. I never start anything with anyone. I stick to myself, I am super humble and nice and giving. I do so much stuff for free in life and happily. I don't care about money or ego or social status or fitting in. Anyway. Whatever.

As I expected. I try to show some empathy, and all I get is some revisionist history, and I get called a "dick".

Here is the thread in question, starting with your initial post in it:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/156064-season-5-week-1-super-mario-bros-1985/?p=1923006

When I responded to your post to tell you that your score wouldn't count, I used the word "sorry" THREE times. Because I felt bad that you had wasted your time playing the wrong game. I APOLOGIZED to you THREE TIMES for a mistake that YOU made.

Your response to that? Well, anyone here can feel free to follow that link and see how things played out. Again, the posts are all right there. I didn't delete anything. I just locked the thread.

I absolutely don't "hate you with a passion". I just look at the way you conduct yourself, and I can't help but think that you'd be a lot happier if you would get rid of all of than anger and bitterness that you have towards the world.

• Like 14

Same old story.

Protip: most people who are actually super humble, nice, giving, do so much stuff for free in life and happily, don't care about money or ego or social status, etc, etc, don't have to repeatedly say it to people for them to know it.

and I can't help but think that you'd be a lot happier if you would get rid of all of than anger and bitterness that you have towards the world.

That'd probably be a good start...

• Like 9

As I expected. I try to show some empathy, and all I get is some revisionist history, and I get called a "dick".

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/156064-season-5-week-1-super-mario-bros-1985/?p=1923006

When I responded to your post to tell you that your score wouldn't count, I used the word "sorry" THREE times. Because I felt bad that you had wasted your time playing the wrong game. I APOLOGIZED to you THREE TIMES for a mistake that YOU made.

Your response to that? Well, anyone here can feel free to follow that link and see how things played out. Again, the posts are all right there. I didn't delete anything. I just locked the thread.

I absolutely don't "hate you with a passion". I just look at the way you conduct yourself, and I can't help but think that you'd be a lot happier if you would get rid of all of than anger and bitterness that you have towards the world.

Wow

You couldnt have been any nicer Chris.

• Like 10

And Austin, here is what happened with that dude. I ran the Jag HSC in 2009 and 2010. My mom was dying from cancer during that time and I couldn't handle running it anymore, I asked someone to take over, Austin did, but he was a real dick about it and very disrespectful to me. I dont remember exactly what happened but I just know he really rubbed me the wrong way. the rest is history.

The same "thing" that happened between you and I is the same thing that happened between you and JibbaJabba--you did something out of line, couldn't take accountability for your actions, and you blamed it on everyone else. Link.

Chris's thread is pretty telling, and it's a pretty faithful mirror of every other thread on this forum where you go off the deep end.

• Like 7

Wow. I never saw that thread. And that led me to another that I hadn't seen.

Look, Kev. Go read all of those threads and you'll see a pattern. You have a persecution complex. Just drop it and relax. Your excuse for acting like a dick is that people hate you and treat you disrespectfully. But people do that because you act like a dick. I GUARANTEE you that if you just chill out and quit being a combative tool all the time, all the hate will go away and you won't feel the need to lash out anymore. I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't come to AA because I want to have bad relationships with people or get involved with forum drama. I would much rather you cool off and just become another regular Joe around here. The most anyone would think of you would be "that Kevin dude used to fly off the handle a lot, but he's pretty cool these days."

I know you have a problem with me, but just drop the tough guy routine for a minute and pretend I'm someone else long enough to read and consider what I'm going to tell you. I know people like you in real life. People who just have a never ending string of bad luck. Everything that can go bad for them, does. And it makes them angry and bitter. It gives them a persecution complex because they think that the world is out to get them. But people create their own luck more than they know. I'm not talking about karma or bad juju. What I'm saying is that all the anger that these people have clouds their judgement and makes them make bad decisions. And then when the chickens of that bad decision come home to roost, it just further proves to them that the world is just out to get them. Obviously, what happened with your mom is a different story. That's just a really shitty thing and it could have happened to anyone. But you've mentioned several times that you have a shitty life full of bad luck. At some point you should consider than maybe you're just getting out what you're putting in, if that makes sense.

Again, man. I know you think that we all hate you, but I'm honestly just trying to help you out with a little bit of friendly advice. I'm sure that you have it in you to be a much better person than you are.

• Like 11

I'm not in this fight one way or another, but I couldn't resist adding that with the Super Mario Bros. high score controversy, even the physics are different between the two. It's not just the graphics/audio and the scoring mechanics that aren't 1:1 (Plus, don't you get audio cues in the last castle that the original lacks?). One obvious tip-off is how Mario is sucked into a block when he breaks it on the All-Stars remake. That alone obviously means very little for a high score contest, but the fact that it doesn't happen with the NES physics is an easy demonstration that it's not an exact replica of the original's physics.

Folks have even wired up a controller so the inputs go to both the NES and the SNES version and then played them side by side. It's interesting to see how quickly one version gets out of sync with the other with the same exact control inputs. If you're not re-syncing every chance you get like running into a block on the ground and waiting for the other Mario to catch up, you pretty much can't get more than 2 or maybe 3 screens in before the Mario in the version you're not focusing on buys the farm.

They're quite different beyond the superficial changes.

Edit: Here's an example video I quickly pulled up on YouTube after a short search. Notice how he's playing such as running into every pipe. That's what I mean by re-syncing.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

So there is like 10 guys that hate me on Atari Age with a passion and they always gang up on me, making it seem like more people hate me than really do. (for instance if one of them writes a negative comment directed at me, then all the others "LIKE" that comment....... <RANT TRUNCATED>

Here is some unsolicited advice, for what it's worth.

1) Forget about repeatedly getting the last word, it's not worth it and only makes you look petty, childish or like a fool, it prolongs

the negative cycle and escalates tensions. It simply is not worth it, after all who likes a whiner?

2) If you think someone is a __________, ignore them. What do you care if a __________ thinks poorly of you? Why would

a __________ opinion even mean anything to you anyway?

As you go through life there are some basic truths:

1) Not everybody will like you, and you can't make them, trying to make people like you only makes matters worse.

2) No one can make you feel bad except yourself, so why let others get to you? You'll only be hurting yourself.

3) People have their own little lives and could really care less about what an anonymous and faceless person on the Internet

thinks.

4) Some people are judgmental and self-centered and think the world 'should' conform to their personal views, they are best

left alone.

We all come here to have fun, so just kick back, let the B.S. slide off your back, do your thing, and most of all have fun.

If you just follow AA's rules you'll be fine. Now, considering the fact that people come here to have fun, I'm sure you'll agree that

off-topic rants, negative comments and personal complaints belong elsewhere. I'm sure you have probably already have learned

all this. after all you've been a 'member' here for 11 years.

• Like 4

You said sorry but obviously you didn't mean it. You were just abusing your power of running the HSC. I ran the Jag HSC and I was always super nice to everyone and I never would have been such a dick as you about someone making a minor and HONEST mistake. You could have given me a fucking participation point or something. I mean damn, how many people were submitting scores? Not that many, and then you totally exclude me like im some asshole, make me feel unwanted. I played the game for hours just to submit the damn score. So yes it pissed me off. And I don't like you. mfer. Same thing with Austin, as soon as he started running the Jag HSC he started abusing his power and acting all high and mighty. When infact I never had to relinquish my role as running the JAG HSC, but I was nice enough to hand over powers to Austin, and in return? He was a total unappreciative dick to me.

Edited by kevincal

You said sorry but obviously you didn't mean it. You were just abusing your power of running the HSC. I ran the Jag HSC and I was always super nice to everyone and I never would have been such a dick as you about someone making a minor and HONEST mistake. You could have given me a fucking participation point or something. I mean damn, how many people were submitting scores? Not that many, and then you totally exclude me like im some asshole, make me feel unwanted. I played the game for hours just to submit the damn score. So yes it pissed me off. And I don't like you. mfer. Same thing with Austin, as soon as he started running the Jag HSC he started abusing his power and acting all high and mighty. When infact I never had to relinquish my role as running the JAG HSC, but I was nice enough to hand over powers to Austin, and in return? He was a total unappreciative dick to me.

I regretfully came into this not knowing anyone, or the situation, so I am unbiased as they come. With that said, after reading your latest diatribe, I can only determine that YOU sir are the cause of YOUR own problems. When one repeatedly dishes out verbal invective, they cannot expect people to like them, let alone want to associate with them. Accepting responsibility for ones actions is a sign of maturity. Using past deeds or ones status in other endeavors in life does not excuse bad behavior.

I'm done with this thread.

• Like 8

...abusing your power... ...dick... ...fucking... ...asshole... ...And I don't like you. mfer [EDITOR'S NOTE: This is an abbreviation of "motherfucker".] ...Same thing with Austin... ...abusing his power and acting all high and mighty.... ...unappreciative dick..

I'm glad that you had a couple of days to cool off. I shudder to think of what you would have posted had you replied right away.

• Like 4

I've learned the most about myself in those nasty times I got called out for being arse. It's always a shock for sure. You go too far because one doesn't know it. When people around you unanimously communicate their displeasure with you it's because they care. If they didn't you'd either be lonely or stuck with a concussion.

It's times like these that should be harnessed to become a better person. Figure out WHY you push people the wrong way and what trauma in your life caused it. It all comes back to ourselves and our back catalog of $hit. Deal with it or continue to trip over it and harm your relationships business and personal.

• Like 8

There you go again. Instead of manning up and taking responsibility, you retort in a confrontational manner again. Just give it up already, and let this thread die. (Or just keep flaming, I'm sure this is wildly entertaining for others.)

It's times like these that should be harnessed to become a better person. Figure out WHY you push people the wrong way and what trauma in your life caused it. It all comes back to ourselves and our back catalog of $hit. Deal with it or continue to trip over it and harm your relationships business and personal.

We've been playing this game with Kevin for years now. It's safe to say he is never going to admit fault, nor is he going to change. You and I may have the power to change our ways when we act up inappropriately (which we have done on several occasions), but it's doubtful he ever will. If he wants to keep living a "shitty life" full of "bad luck" by his own doing, then let that be his prerogative.

• Like 4

Ok ive heard enough. Several people offered you sincere advise and your response is to call Chris a mother fucker? Thats pretty shitty and im not going let anyone talk like that to another member on AA.

• Like 14