• Sonic chaos/Sonic and Tails
    • Sonic triple trouble/Sonic and Tails 2
    • Sonic spinball
    • Sonic drift
    • Sonic drift 2
    • Sonic labyrinth
    • Sonic blast

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Really tough choice. It's a toss-up between Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 for me, but I ended up going with Sonic 1 because it's a bit easier and will wrack the nerves a good bit less. Part 2 has more gimmicks, slightly better visuals and a beefier soundtrack, but it is also a lot more challenging, the Chaos Emeralds are far more difficult to get (some absolutely infuriatingly so), and that maze-tube-level at the end of the game was not fun to learn at all. Part 1 has a ton of charm to it, it's easier to get into, it's not nearly as hard to 100% (Chaos Emeralds and all), and it's still a lot of fun to play today.

On a side note, I can't say I was that impressed with any Game Gear Sonic after the first two. The portable series just felt like it went downhill from there. To be fair though it's really tough to top the first two, they are some of the best games on the Game Gear and Master System from a production standpoint. Sega really nailed it with those two titles,

I like Triple Trouble the most for being the closest of the five main games to the Genesis ones. That and they give you another main villain (Nack) to fight four times as well as a fight with a brainwashed Knuckles, Robotnik, and various animal bots common to the other games in the Game Gear series. Multiple bosses with different evil plans or purposes makes it a bit more interesting. There's also the cool new powerups like the snowboard and Tails' submarine that shoots in the water level.

I like Sonic Blast quite a bit but I find the levels too short and that water level is doable but tough. My main favorite zones on Blast are Yellow Desert and Red Volcano. The rest is yawn except for the nice looking boss fights.