IGNORED

New Lynx 2 Owner

KidKobun

Hi all,

Just bought a 2nd Gen Lynx off of my coworker for $50 with some games and a case. I think it's a fairly good deal. Neither of us knows whether or not it works, but she said that if it doesn't that she'll give me $25 back. I can live with that. Now I've gotta' find myself a charger. :)

Anyhow, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to the AtariAge Lynx community. :3

post-39956-0-10546300-1407262011_thumb.png

Haha. And just like that my hopes and dreams are already crushed. icon_wink.gif

That was one of my favorite arcade games.

Well, pending it works, I am looking to pick up Dracula the Undead, Gates of Zendocon, Xenophobe, and maybe a couple others.

Edited by KidKobun

You've got a nice starter set there. Shanghai and Warbirds are very strong games, and T-tris is a limited release import from Germany. Very nice. :)

If you're looking for more post-Atari releases for the Lynx, check out my Songbird pages in my sig. I'm expecting to get all my games back in stock by next month.

Thanks, guys! I didn't know that Raiden was on the Lynx. *Adding that one to the wishlist*

I would love to pick up Ninja Gaiden I/II ,but they look pretty pricey, and for that money would rather just play them on the NES. And wanted Rygar, but then watched a few minutes of gameplay...I think I'll pass.

Most of Lynx games are common and often times it's cheaper to buy new sealed games on eBay than used loose copies.

About $250 will get you over 80% of Lynx games. That would leave the less common and more expensive games like Lemmings and Double Dragons. (PS Lemmings are awful on Lynx, no mouse support of any kind)

You've got a nice starter set there. Shanghai and Warbirds are very strong games, and T-tris is a limited release import from Germany. Very nice. :)

If you're looking for more post-Atari releases for the Lynx, check out my Songbird pages in my sig. I'm expecting to get all my games back in stock by next month.

Awesome news Carl! With my Songbird Jag collection complete I can now focus on the lynx, great news!

To the OP, you will really enjoy the lynx system, way advanced for its time and the games hold up remarkably well today. Welcome to the club, and enjoy!!

I do have one gripe about Hard Drivin'. After you figure how to control the car in Lynx version, you could do multiple laps without once touching the brake (get that TEMP light flashing too) and when you finally run out of time and do another race against computer, it's also easy to leave the computer in the dust.

It gets too easy and somewhat boring after a while because it's somewhat limited in variation.

STUN Runner is still more fun in the end because you're also dealing with bunch of enemies, not just figuring the best track and path to win.

Thanks, guys! I didn't know that Raiden was on the Lynx. *Adding that one to the wishlist*

I would love to pick up Ninja Gaiden I/II ,but they look pretty pricey, and for that money would rather just play them on the NES. And wanted Rygar, but then watched a few minutes of gameplay...I think I'll pass.

Rygar is one of my favorite games on the Lynx. Definitely worth checking out IMO.