IGNORED

Seeking Atari Commercials from the 80s

ASek

Hi,

I'm looking for a collector who might have 16mm or 35mm film prints of Atari commercials from the 1980s. They're for use in the upcoming documentary "Atari: Game Over" being produced by Lightbox for XBox Studios. Many poor quality versions are available online via YouTube and such, but we're looking for film originals.

If anyone has copies, or knows someone who does, please message me or email me. We will pay for transfer costs and provide digital copy and a fee for time and trouble and a "thank you" in the credits for the film.

Thanks,

Andy

User backin89 claimed he had a bunch of commercials from the 80's, but not sure if you can track him down or not. If so, please tell him I'm still waiting for my tape! :rolling:

On a serious note - good luck with your endeavor. Be nice to see some high quality ads after all these years. Besides YouTube, best ones I have are from a Sean Kelly 2-disc set from over 15 years ago now. Maybe even a video tape still. Washed out VHS quality tape taken from multiple sources over the air that is.

• Like 1

User backin89 claimed he had a bunch of commercials from the 80's, but not sure if you can track him down or not. If so, please tell him I'm still waiting for my tape! :rolling:

On a serious note - good luck with your endeavor. Be nice to see some high quality ads after all these years. Besides YouTube, best ones I have are from a Sean Kelly 2-disc set from over 15 years ago now. Maybe even a video tape still. Washed out VHS quality tape taken from multiple sources over the air that is.

Yeah, seems like the films are very hard to track down. Duke University has some in their media archive but they're from the end run of Atari and mostly concern the early Atari computers.